“Save this restaurant for a special occasion.”

Rotisserie Weingrun
Ranked #122 of 9,050 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I reserved a table based on TripAdvisor reviews. When I turned up, they were expecting me. The basket of warm toasted foccacia was lovely together with the olives. I ordered the crispy belly pork with dark beer sauce and grilled vegetables and honestly the pork was one of the nicest pieces of meat I have had in a long term and the glass of German Merlot went well with it. I had warm chocolate melt in the middle pudding and ice cream for dessert. I ended the meal with an espresso which came with a mini glass of chocolate mousse. I think it worked out about €40 per head and I paid 20% tip for the lovely service I received. Rotisserie Weingrün is not cheap but the restaurant is nice and service perfect. That's money well spent for me. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Onelifeliveit

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We went here on the basis of reviews posted on tripadvisor, and had high expectations. The entrees were very tasty, but we were slightly surprised that the main dishes came with very little accessories. This is of course ordered on the side as we soon discovered. Everything was very tasty and nicely prepared. The waiter was very helpful, and the top mark is very much due to her.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This seemed like an obvious choice for dinner as we were staying at the Cosmo Hotel literally 100m away. I have to say the food was excellent, the mixed grill was sumptuous, especially the steak. The beer was good, the menu interesting and the wine well rounded.

However from the minute the food arrived until the second we left we were harassed by wasps. From every angle, on our food, trying to drink our drinks and buzzing around. The napkin was far more readily used as a swatter than a defence against stray food. The situation was exacerbated by the grumpy waitress telling us not to aggravate them, which is sound advice except for the fact they were tucking into our food as well. Unsympathetic and utterly unhelpful.

Please do go to this restaurant but eat inside in the sweltering heat because then at least Mr. & Mrs. W. Asp won't invite themselves to dinner and rudely leave without even offering to pay.

5  Thank Jonathan G
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We had entrecôte, chicken, hamburger and spare ribs. Everything was tastefull and perfect prepared. We added some siders as potatoes, salad and chantarelles. Tha main course did only include the meat w some adds.
The riesling we choosed was fantastic and reasonable priced. This restaurant produces high class food at a fair price. The service was good but could be more friendly at this type of restaurant.

1  Thank Frode I
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and the fact that it was a short walk from our hotel .

Skipped the starters but took the steak and salmon as our main courses . Salmon came nailed to a piece of wood , this meant it had been cooked from one side and was a little "Sushi" in the middle . steak was very tender but a little bland in taste without the bernaise sauce .

My wife had a " typical " German desert of tirimasu which was very large. I had a coffee which came with a complimentary chocolate mouse , very rich. .

House wine 28 e for a litre was fine .

All in all a good choice , we may be back next week !!