“I love this place”

Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
“I love this place”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my favorite bar in Berlin. I go there every time for the atmosphere, music and good drinks. I have never eaten there but would try something. I like both the upstairs and downstairs and its decoration and feel, and the last few times they had 1930, 40s music to 80s and everything in between. Plus, I love the feeling of being in a living room nice and comfy. good place!

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Really nice interior, okay cocktails”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The inside of this bar is lovely, a cosy place to hang out.

The cocktails were ok but not amazing. We had a daiquiri, old fashioned and whiskey sours.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“There are bad points yes but don't let that stop you”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I agree with some of the points in these reviews that the service could be a little better, and some of the mixes were a little off, however on the whole we loved this place!
The service seemed to rely on which bar staff served you and to be fair that can be said of so many places. The drinks if anything were a little too strong which some people would say is a good thing.
What is great about this place, is the relaxed yet super cool atmosphere coupled with interesting décor. When we were in there we couldn't help pointing out various lamps, and retro chairs to each other before even getting round to the cocktail menu.
Our plan on arrival was to have two drinks however we stayed in the end for a much longer period of time as we found the bar so welcoming.

I think this place is well worth a visit but to managed expectations it wont be the best cocktail you ever have, having said that I will more then likely go again.

• Visited March 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Really nice place, really bad cocktail”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

First, the setting: all old furniture, comfortable chairs and cushy sofas, a place you want to love. Four stars! Then the service. Uninterested in anything than her smoke break with the bartender, she was a great help in suggesting a whiskey cocktail. "This one is disgusting and that one I don't like at all". She recommended the Old Fashioned. This is Mitte, so a little attitude is to be expected and honesty can be quite charming, right?

Except the Old Fashioned was horrible. Watered down, tasteless and a embarrassment for any cocktail bar with a whiskey in its title. For the first time in my life, I returned a cocktail. The barkeeper says "but it's got 4cl alcohol!". Well, that's ONE criterion for a cocktail, but it's not the only one. I ask for a fresh one, he very reluctantly agrees. It's the same cocktail with slightly more booze in it, but it's still horrible.

Stick to beer if you want to go.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ThomasWollwo
Berlin, Germany
“poor menu for a cocktail bar”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was expecting more from a self called cocktail bar. The menu is poor having only the usual cocktails you can find in any restaurant or a beach bar in a touristic greek island. We tried 6 different ones to end up to white russia.... If they were just a bar it would have been ok....but cocktail bar you need more. Decoration is really nice and creates a nice environment but service is amateur and really really slow. Its a shame having a place like this and not paying attention on the most important details especially when the prices are not on the happy hour side.

• Visited February 2014