Five-star corporate hotels are not usually our preferred choice of accommodation, but we got a great deal for our three nights stay from the hotel's web site (50% discount, pay in advance) that we would have been silly not to select this hotel for our stay in Berlin.
The hotel looks new and is situated on Budapester Str. close to the Zoological Gardens and the major shopping district (KaDeWe department store and others), supermarkets, restaurants and cafes.
Our room was on the seventh floor overlooking the courtyard and was very modern, plenty of room and with all the facilities expected of this class of hotel. A nice bathroom with a bath and shower over bath (take care getting into the shower though) and spotlessly clean. A separate check was made by hotel staff daily to ensure the room was cleaned properly.
Expensive mini bar (of course) and tea/coffee making facilities also in the room (a nice surprise) and two bottles of water were provided free of charge.
Free WiFi or internet connection was available in the room, but not for free. Actually, the cost was quite expensive, which is disappointing and obviously catering to business people (with company paid expenses) rather than leisure travelers. There is a nice restaurant at the hotel, which was expensive compared to local restaurants.
A full buffet breakfast (eggs, crepes etc prepared on request) was included with our room rate and was excellent.
The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge's desk where you can purchase train tickets and also theater tickets if you are interested.
To get around Berlin, the No 200 bus goes down Budapester Str., or you can get the train from the nearest metro (U Bahn) which is Wittenbergplatzl or Zoologischer Garten, both about 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
Tip for sightseeing; take the No 100 Bus (outside of Zoologischer Garten station) for Euro 2.30 (tickets available from Hotel Concierge) as this bus travels the same routes as the sightseeing buses (but no audio available of course).
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay at the Pullman.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 377 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin