We visited Berlin during X-mas, between Dec 23rd-Dec 25th and stayed two nights at the Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof. Overall this was an excellent hotel and we can recommend it to anyone that would like a good stay. A few things to notice though:
The spa-area is very nice with a large pool and 2 different saunas. As other reviewers have mentioned the sauna area is mixed, i.e. both men and women enjoy the same saunas. However the information about that and rules for "engagement" could be clearer. We had read the reviews prior to our visit and knew to expect naked people of both genders, and as flexible travellers we followed the example of the first gentleman we met in the area and undressed completely. Clearly not everyone had understood the principle which had the consequence that when my girlfriend and I went into the steam sauna we found ourselves in the company of a mother and daughter wearing swimsuits. Lucky enough we had large towels with us so that we could avoid making the other couple more unconfortable. Several other couples did join the sauna and there was a clear confusion regarding the (un-)Dress code. My advice to the hotel management would be to put up larger signs, preferably with pictures, that clearly shows what is expected to wear, and not, in the area. This a side, the sauna was very nice. If you like a spa-treatment then make sure to book it as early as possible in order to get it at a time that is convinient for you - during x-mas, at least, it wasn't too easy to find a suitable slot.
Speaking about booking, if you book your stay at the hotel early then you can get a very good discount! My advice is to use this discount, or part of it, to upgrade to a room with free mini-bar, WiFi, and breakfast - it's well worth the few extra Euros, and would be much more expensive if it's bought at the location.
We can also recommend the fantastic restaurant at the hotel, excellent service and very very nice menu. Last, but not least, we were unfortunately recommended a poor restaurant for our dinner night out in Berlin, we are absolutely convinced that this was an accident driven by the fact that most restaurants weren't open during x-mas eve, but a good practise would always be to double-check any recommendations on trip-advisor! If we would have done this, then we wouldn't have visited Restaurante Diverso!!!! (please see my separate review of this place) All in all, we would love to visit Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof again! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 377 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin