First let's just get it out of the way. They may call The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof a business hotel, but it's really not. It's a family hotel, and families come for the same reasons we did as a couple: a large pool, a really nice wellness area and a central location. Prepare for a crowded pool and an occupied wellness area.
That said, the we had a nice stay. The room had a good size, there were plenty of clothes hangers, breakfast was great and the bar was packed with chatty patrons. About breakfast; come really early or really late. Because of all the families staying here, the restaurant fills quickly, you may have to cue, and in the end the staff shows you to a huge conference room where the eggs and sousages are room temperature, the milk is luke warm, and the wait staff is gravely undermanned. Try to eat breakfast in the restaurant. After having eaten our first breakfast at the hotel in the restaurant, and then on our second and third morning in the conference room, on the fourth and last morning I asked to be seated in the restaurant, but my request fell on deaf ears (which really is uncommon for German service)
The bed - as in most German hotels - was quite hard. But the hotel staff was quick to put som extra duvets under the sheets. This made the bed just heavenly. Tea making facilities are plentiful, and every day the room's small refrigerator was equipped with complementary bottled water.
It's a 2 minute walk to the zoo, a 10 minute walk to Kurfürstendamm and a 15 minute walk to the Brandenburger Tor.
Bringing pets is very expensive and so is parking. We parked on the street right across from the hotel, which would cost about 20 euros a day. Not willing to pay this, we took the chance and only one day out of the five, we stayed, we got a 5 Euro parking ticket, which allowed us to park there for free for the rest of the day. Take the chance.
Most importently, ask for a room in the main building facing the zoo park. It's no hassle, and it is really worth it. Guests in the back building face quite a long walk including several elevators to get to their buiding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 383 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin