My previous stays in a German hotel have all been of the blah variety - comfortable yet totally unmemorable. I guess there was not enough human element to go along with the efficiency and cleanliness of a property. I selected Pullman Berlin because I had had enough of going for a German hotel in a downtown location. I was ready to try a new location and kind of hoped for superior service as well.
The hotel's location was really good for me. It was close enough to main sites and shops, and was fabulous for going on business trips around the city as it was not smack in a busy area like my past stays in Kurfurstendamm.
I understand that the Pullman brand of Accor is primarily for business people, so did not expect the warm hospitality you would normally associate with a tourist resort hotel. I was surprised to find smiling reception staff who took the time to explain the readiness of the rooms and the check in process. It was helpful after a long, international flight to be greeted pleasantly and to be assured of a hassle-free check in. Our bags were delivered promptly while we went out for a brief city tour. Check out was similarly pleasant and efficient.
The rooms themselves are quite large, with supremely comfortable beds and plush pillows. It had a nice LCD TV with many channels and a complete range of wires and cables for your computer/communication equipment. Decorated in a modern fashion with sleek lines, a room oozed contemporary vibes throughout. I had a view of the buildings opposite and part of the Berlin Zoo, but you absolutely do not stay here for the view as there was none to catch your interest.
Appreciation is extended to housekeeping who ensured superb cleanliness and order for all the 4 days there. In fact, the staff were polite and helpful throughout my stay.
I liked the fitness center and the big pool, which unfortunately I did not get to use. The fitness center was kind of quiet and pleasant if you go early in the day.
This hotel is fantastic value for money for the kind of amenities and service I got. I would choose it over any centrally located Berlin hotel any day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 377 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin