Background...first time in Germany. Stayed in Berlin for 5 nights. Great walking weather, not too hot. Love trying local food and drink.
Hotel...staff were very welcoming and the concierge gave us legitimate local (non-touristy) places to check out. We did jump on one the tour buses...don't judge me...but they were very convenient since they go to a lot of areas that the trains don't and you can just hop on and off. I'm a big advocate of immersing myself in a city, so do try to use the local transportation - its simple and reliable. Room was fine, Nespresso Machine w/ coffee and free bottled water daily.
Gym/Spa...very modern and interesting layout. Not a huge space, but the workout area (with modern equipment and super modern Pilates equipment) overlooks the lap pool which extends below the workout area. Large windows above the pool fill the area with light and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Location...great off the beaten path location. Quiet, green, and safe. Close to shopping, beer gardens, local food stands, Tiergarten, Berlin Zoo, transportation, and nightlife! If you're a runner there are many great paths to run - along the perimeter of the zoo, along the river, and through the Tiergarten.
Beer Gardens...a great place to grab a meal, a beer(s), and people watch. By far one of my favorite things to do everyday. Great mix of locals and savvy travelers. Chatted with many locals, good times.
Overall...unforgettable experience. Location might be a bit off for some, but I liked the quiet after a day in a bustling city. One perk that I didn't mention was that the hotel had a lounge on our floor right off the elevators that had a view of the city and had self-serve Nespresso coffee. It is available in the morning and late afternoon, but it was a great little refresh after returning from a day out walking and before returning to the room. The hotel is also near the gay-borhood and is LGBT friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 377 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin