“Fantastic hotel !!!”

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof
Ranked #27 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was staying at the Pullmann in November last year to celebrate my 30th birthday in Berlin. So I booked a suite as a present to myself. The check-in was quick and very friendly, I also got my free drinks voucher without asking, Accor Gold Members get a welcome drink, but mostly they forget that, so I always have to ask for the voucher, but here they didn't.
Then I went up to my room, a fantastic room , a great view of the Zoo, ok maybe in rainy November no so beautiful, but I suppose during summer it must be better. We good a package which included the minibar, perfect. And then the first surprise, a good one, the hotel offered me for my 30th birthday a bottle of champagne, and I haven't mentioned that it's my birthday, so they saw that by themself, this was a really nice suprice and very much appreciated. So thank you again for that :)
Breakfast is a huge buffet with lots of choices, very tasty, so if you're a breakfast addict you can have your breakfast at the hotel without any hesitation.
The location is fantastic, is just around the corner of the Ku'Damm, KaDeWe is only a 5-10 minute walk, subway Wittenberger Platz is the closed I think, so you're also very quick at the Alex and the Potsdamer Platz.
This was my first time in a Pullman, normally I stay in Novotel's but I have to say I was not disappointed and I would definetely go back again. Ok my last stay in Berlin was two weeks ago and I wasn't back, but only because I had stuff to do at Potsdamer Platz, so I was at the Suite Novotel there, but I would book this hotel immediately again.
So my fellow tripadvisors you want beautiful hotel, with a very polite and friendly staff who even give you presents for you birthday, book that place. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timlux
PullmanBerlin, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Timlux,

thank you very much for this excellent review on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you praised our hospitality so much. Of course, I will share your comments with our hotel team.

I hope that we can greet you again during your next stay in Berlin.

Kind regards
Bianca
Personal Asst. to General Manager

There are newer reviews for Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a superb Hotel; and a wonderful city. I do not know whether the Hotel reflects the people in the city or vice versa, but it was certainly the best 5* Hotel that I have experienced in regards to a relaxed approach and civility - Often I can find such Hotels quite supercilious but this hotel showed nothing but genuine politeness and niceness. Public areas and private areas alike showed a high standard of cleanliness. We had an expresso machine in our room, which unfortunately means I have now got to buy one. - It's a nice touch. I can find no faults, and would suggest that other 5* establishments learn from their customer service; regardless of suit or scruffs - I do enjoy my scruffs when I do not have to wear a suit, and of course, when Im not wearing a suit - I am paying.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KPS1955
Reviewed 2 July 2014

my husband and I went to Berlin for the weekend with our two daughters.
The hotel was very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were lovely clean and airy with complimentary tea/coffee/water. The breakfast was superb. Plenty of choice. The hotel was in a good position for sightseeing and public transport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Pamela B,

thank you very much for this great review and especially that you praised our breakfast so much. A good day starts with an excellent breakfast!

I hope that we can greet you again during your next stay in Berlin.

Wishing you all the best, I remain

with kind regards,
Bianca Fu.ckel
Personal Asst. to General Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It isn't often I find a hotel with nothing to complain about. But this is one of them.
We arrived by hire car and parked underground - it's a quick life ride up to reception from here.
We were welcomed warmly and I didn't have to ask for my Accor Club drink voucher as it was already waiting for me.
I had heard about the excellent pool / sauna / steam room facilities but until you try it out, you don't know just how good. They are constantly cleaning the pool area and the two women who run the place do a sterling job. There are obviously people to stay in this area all day - I lost five hours just being there!
Now, let me be clear. The sauna / steam room is accessed from both the male and female changing areas into one communal area - and it's naked (as is the German standard for 'wellbeing' areas). You take your towel into the sauna, lay it down and sit naked on it - men and women sharing the same facilities and all nude. Likewise to use the steam room you hang up your towel outside the door and then find a spot in the steam room itself. And nobody bats an eyelid. The only downside I would say is that some people (only a small number) chose to sit in their swimwear which isn't the idea at all - so please do respect the tradition - you have nothing to be shy about - trust me you will see all sorts and all ages from 18 though to 80!
Breakfast was included in our rate and we found the choice excellent with great service from the waiters.
Quite simply, I love this hotel. It is clean, well run, efficient and the leisure facilities are the best there is. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Any look good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neilyork
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof is an excellent 5 star hotel at a remarkably reasonable price, by Australian standards, given the quality of the hotel and the included breakfast. We stayed here for the second time in May 2013 and were just as pleased with the service, location, and facilities as on the previous trip. The location is excellent, not far from the Zoo, main shopping streets, tram and U-bahn stations and the KaDeWe department store. Wired internet was excellent and free (at the time) with Accor Club membership. There is a good restaurant and the hotel's buffet breakfast is varied and abundant. Staff were always helpful. Nice pool and well-equipped gym. Will be happy to stay again at the Pullman Schweizerhof.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at the Schweizerhof on many occasions and reviewed it several times before. Unless they have no availability which does happen it is my preferred hotel in Berlin which is a city I visit frequently.

The location is superb on Budapester Str on bus route 200 which will take you to the zoo in one direction but it's only two stops and a nice walk or past the Philharmonie, Potsdamer Platz, Unter den Linden and Alexanderplatz in the other direction.

The welcome is always warm and enthusiastic and the staff are caring and kind without exception. I can not think of a single occasion over many years when I have had an issue with a member of staff at the Schweizerhof and I can remember it before it was part of the Accor portfolio.

The rooms are maintained to an exceptional standard of cleanliness and are comfortable, house keeping are always prompt when you request service and unlike many places today you are not waiting until the afternoon for the room to be cleaned.

The pool has to be the best indoor pool of any hotel anywhere in the world that I have been, the gym is well fitted and the sauna is always hot and well maintained.

Breakfast choices are great and the team of (almost all) ladies who provide service at breakfast time are exceptional. I recognise some of them going back over years. They know exactly what they are doing and do it to the highest standard making you welcome and ensuring a nice relaxed start to the day.

There are other places some of which might rate more highly but for me the Schweizerhof just gets it right.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms overlooking the zoo but beware if you choose one and want the window open there i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank longhaulfromlondon
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here on a recent trip to Berlin - found the place to be clean, good service, stylish, convenient location near Tiergarten, Zoo and West Berlin - nice room overlooking Tiergarten. Only criticism is I'd say this is a bit more of a business hotel and we were there for a fun trip - but no major problem and all in all can highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends