“All you would want from a quality hotel”

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof
Ranked #23 of 634 Hotels in Berlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 16 July 2014

While a bit on the pricey side, this hotel can't be beat for location and amenities. Our modern room was actually two rooms put together for my husband and me along with our young adult son. It was commodious and well appointed with plenty of closet space, two bathrooms and even an espresso machine. Staff was uniformly helpful. You could even buy subway tokens at the concierge desk. The pool, said to be the largest of any in a Berlin hotel, was wonderful. The location was central, with a two-block walk to a U-bahn station and about the same distance to KaDeWe. We'd stay here again, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Northants
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I absolutely agree with all the good things that have been said about this hotel and can't really find anything to add. It makes you realise what a rip-off hotel prices are in London.
Recommend a room at the back particularly if you don't like air conditioning. Windows wide open at night and could hardly hear a sound! No view but excellent nights sleep.
Restaurant tip 20 minutes walk, the Dicke Wirtin. Great atmosphere, very reasonable prices and excellent food.

Room Tip: See my comments above
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank StanNorthants
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a super stay at this hotel... at first when you enter you think to yourself that it looks very much like a one stop shop for business people travelling but we amazingly settled in very quickly and very much enjoyed our stay. The breakfast buffet is out of this world! And all the staff are very friendly without being fake. Everyone was very helpful. The only thing I would add to this hotel is a jacuzzi area in the spa / pool as you miss it to fully relax and 1/4 bottles of wine could be added to the mini bar... The cocktails are amazing and good value for money. We would come back and stay again! Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the park as thats a very nice view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miriam P
PullmanBerlin, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Miriam P,

thank you very much for your feedback.
It is a great pleasure for all of us to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and I am very happy that our staff was able to fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for your comments and your advice regarding the choice in the minibar. I will evaluate this with our F&B manager.

I hope that we can greet you again during your next stay in Berlin.

Kind regards,
Bianca
Personal Asst. to General Manager
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June, and we were both very impressed. Our room was fantastic: very modern and well-appointed. We upgraded to a deluxe room which overlooked the back of the hotel (rather than the road). The view was not great (surrounding offices), but it was fine. The Nespresso machine was a nice touch, although housekeeping was not consistent replacing milk for coffee/tea everyday.

Some previous TA reviews complained about the temperature in the rooms and also transportation links at this hotel. We did not have a problem with either. The AC worked great, and we could choose between a 5-7 minute walk to the U-Bahn at Wittenbergplatz or grab a bus just outside the hotel to take us to all the main attractions. The public transportation is fantastic, and I would definitely recommend the Berlin travelcard...it makes getting around the city very easy and pays for itself quite quickly!

If you do choose to stay in the area for dinner (one night we were too tired to venture very far!), you might struggle to find a good place to eat within a 5-10 minute walk. But otherwise, this hotel exceeded all our expectations!

Tip: I wanted to get the bus from the airport to our hotel but was unsure about how far the walk was and the area. We got a taxi from Tegel (17€) when we arrived, but we decided to take the bus from the hotel back to the airport. Tegel is in zones AB, so our travelcard worked to get us there. The bus station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and the area is absolutely fine. Buses X9 (express...fewer stops) and 109 will take you from Tegel to the Zoo (there is a bus station here). From the bus station, cross over to the Dunkin Donuts and turn left onto Hardenbergstrasse. This road becomes Budapesterstrasse. Just walk along this road (always keeping to the left) until you see the Pullman Hotel across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Roodt/Syre
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was staying at the Pullmann in November last year to celebrate my 30th birthday in Berlin. So I booked a suite as a present to myself. The check-in was quick and very friendly, I also got my free drinks voucher without asking, Accor Gold Members get a welcome drink, but mostly they forget that, so I always have to ask for the voucher, but here they didn't.
Then I went up to my room, a fantastic room , a great view of the Zoo, ok maybe in rainy November no so beautiful, but I suppose during summer it must be better. We good a package which included the minibar, perfect. And then the first surprise, a good one, the hotel offered me for my 30th birthday a bottle of champagne, and I haven't mentioned that it's my birthday, so they saw that by themself, this was a really nice suprice and very much appreciated. So thank you again for that :)
Breakfast is a huge buffet with lots of choices, very tasty, so if you're a breakfast addict you can have your breakfast at the hotel without any hesitation.
The location is fantastic, is just around the corner of the Ku'Damm, KaDeWe is only a 5-10 minute walk, subway Wittenberger Platz is the closed I think, so you're also very quick at the Alex and the Potsdamer Platz.
This was my first time in a Pullman, normally I stay in Novotel's but I have to say I was not disappointed and I would definetely go back again. Ok my last stay in Berlin was two weeks ago and I wasn't back, but only because I had stuff to do at Potsdamer Platz, so I was at the Suite Novotel there, but I would book this hotel immediately again.
So my fellow tripadvisors you want beautiful hotel, with a very polite and friendly staff who even give you presents for you birthday, book that place. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timlux
PullmanBerlin, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Timlux,

thank you very much for this excellent review on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you praised our hospitality so much. Of course, I will share your comments with our hotel team.

I hope that we can greet you again during your next stay in Berlin.

Kind regards
Bianca
Personal Asst. to General Manager
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a superb Hotel; and a wonderful city. I do not know whether the Hotel reflects the people in the city or vice versa, but it was certainly the best 5* Hotel that I have experienced in regards to a relaxed approach and civility - Often I can find such Hotels quite supercilious but this hotel showed nothing but genuine politeness and niceness. Public areas and private areas alike showed a high standard of cleanliness. We had an expresso machine in our room, which unfortunately means I have now got to buy one. - It's a nice touch. I can find no faults, and would suggest that other 5* establishments learn from their customer service; regardless of suit or scruffs - I do enjoy my scruffs when I do not have to wear a suit, and of course, when Im not wearing a suit - I am paying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple