“Nearly perfect for the price except for the wifi”

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof
Ranked #23 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Warsaw
“Nearly perfect for the price except for the wifi”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Have just returned from the Pullman and everyfing was ok except for the mentioned one. To start with, I needed well located, 4/5* hotel in Berlin with a reasonable pricing. The hotel offered nice BB package with late check-out (which I actually did not use) so I took it. The location is ok, 0,5km aprox from the nearest underground station, middle of the city. Berlin is quite large so it is though important which part of the city is the centre for you (remember :) ). Had no problem with their underground parking, it was "frei". Medicore price 25e/day. I hate that most of Berlin hotels have them so narrow but I think there is nothing to complain about as it seem obvious when staying in the city. The check-in was smooth and very friendly. The room preferences met.

Superior rooms are quite small for me. 27sqm or so ? Anyway it was well organised, and though very comfortable. The Zoologisher Garten view - ok, nothing special, the trees... (4th floor). Anyway, might be much worse :) I liked the light controls both side bed, the complimentary sparkling water in the fridge beside the nonsparkling on the desk.

The breakfast was well organised. I mention that because the hotel was totally fully booked and they converted some areas into breakfast areas just to meet the guest's expectations. The food choice is very good though do not try carrot juice which is tasteless. IMaybe they might consider to make the food hall larger in order to make the queues smaller but I tended to eat at peak times. The service is very efficient despite the mass they had to service.

The housekeeping was superb. They handled the room within one hour when I was leaving for a morning walk around each day. Thats quite rare !

There are no ice-machines on the floors so in case you would need some you have to call room service which I do not like. The room service reacted promptly for these requests.

The only and the main issue I have is the internet. The WiFI is complimentatry (as well as wired which I did not check). Is complimentary the other word for slow ? Think it is not as the breakfast was efficient. The WIFI was not. You may apply for a charged WIFI which is supposed to be faster but I did not try it as the devices showed lack of the strong signal rather than any other problem, Maybe if you are charged the signal becomes stronger ? :) I prefer the clear situations. You offer something free of charge, do it same way as if you charged, No further comments.

Anyway, I would recommend this hotel. In case the price is ok, the location suits you and you don't need to use WIFI . Take it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booking of this hotel is easy via many hotel booking sites, but pay attention to additional costs such as breakfast and city taxes so that they are included in the price. Location is great as the main shopping street Kurfurstendamm and culture centre Kulturforum are within few minutes walk.

In addition to the main building there are rooms in the other building where spa and fitness centre are located. This is accessible through long and humid corridor or more conveniently directly from Burggrafenstrasse street, although you have to press a buzzer and speak to reception to get in. Rooms in this building are bigger, newer, get more day light and most importantly are quieter than in the main building. However, you have to walk quite a bit to reach the breakfast room every morning.

As I already said, the room was spacious and newish. Only con was bathroom and especially shower hut which was ridiculously small. Water temperature changed continuously and floor got dangerously slippery, although you couldn't fall down as the walls were so near. Firm double bed, big windows, enough TV channels, a working desk with wired internet connection and free Wi-Fi were all making our stay comfortable. Breakfast was good but very busy, though. Receptionists were prompt and service was immaculate.

I'd stay here again if given a good deal. This time I paid 105 Euro per night (including breakfast and taxes) which was quite okay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We loved our stay in Berlin thanks to this wonderful hotel - how we regret not staying longer than 3 days :(
Without exception every member of staff we interacted with were polite, friendly and helpful - starting with the warm welcome at reception, the lovely staff at breakfast and in the leisure facilities, the chambermaids who would say hello when they passed us in the corridor, right through to the end of our stay when reception arranged our taxi back to the station. Great service with a friendly smile!
The rooms were gorgeous with adequate temp control - some earlier reviews mention inadequate a/c but this was definitely not a problem for us. The free Wi-Fi was ok and was sufficient for our requirements, and the TV channels included the main UK terrestrial channels - wow a first for us in Europe!
The toiletries, hot drinks and water were topped up without fail, and the cleaning was top class. The kids made good use of the swimming pool, while husband enjoyed the sauna :) (No naked people but this may be because of the times at which my family used the facilities.)
The breakfast was included in our booking but wow what a selection - it is certainly worth what is charged if you are paying separately!
The u-bahn is about 10mins away, but the 200 bus stops a few yards away from the hotel. Also the 100 bus stops on an adjacent road. Ku'Damm shopping area is very near too which was a great plus. The zoo and Tiergarten are also walking distance - although for the latter catching the 100 or 200 might be better!
With hindsight perhaps staying in the Mitte area (say Alexanderplatz or Potsdamer Platz) may have been better for first timers to Berlin like us, but 1) we just loved this hotel (best part of our visit to Berlin!) and 2) transport in Berlin by bus and bahn is amazingly cheap, fast and very efficient and getting to the main sights never took more than 15-20mins, even by bus.
The Pullman may be a business hotel (and seems to have airline staff staying there regularly) but we didn't at any point feel out of place or conspicuous staying there for leisure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shamia13
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Pullman is a ver nice hotel located not far from the zoo and opposite the Intercontinental. My gf and I really enjoyed our stay, especially the spa area and the spacious rooms. Although I am a Platinum member we were not upgraded as the hotel was fully booked but we did get a welcome gift and felt very welcomed as loyal guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nahariya, Israel
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What is a better way to open a day in Berlin than to go to the spa, swim or enjoy the sauna? This hotel is a winning combination of best location, excellent staff and well maintained place. We were two couples with no kids, but this is a good family hotel too.

Room Tip: floor 8 , heading the zoo was marvolous.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
PullmanBerlin, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Avitalp3,

I certainly do not want to miss the opportunity of thanking you for your friendly review.

It is a great pleasure for all of us to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in Berlin and at our hotel, and I am very happy that my staff was able to fulfill your expectations.

I hope that we can greet you again during your next stay in Berlin.

Wishing you all the best!

Yours sincerely,

Bianca
Personal Asst. to General Manager
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

After returning back to berlin 23 years later as a married man with children I wanted to show my family berlin and how I was here in the Cold War with the army. On arrival to the hotel our room wasn't ready however they said there would be a 10 minutes wait for it to be ready. The hotel gave all my family complimentary drinks in the bar, whatever we wanted to drink. 10 minutes later the room was ready. We had a suite room with two bathrooms, 2 TVs and two mini bars all which where free, I had two go down to reception and asked them if this was correct, yes they replied you can use the mini bars everyday and every day they will be restock up, again all free. Wow just not used to this anywhere else we have stayed. The room was cleaned each day to a very high standard and all staff from reception to the leisure club had real smiles on their faces and not false ones. They all made our stay a happy one and we where sad to leave this place after 7days. Well done to every member of staff a really professional team.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear sleepmaster107,

thank you very much for this excellent review on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy that you and your whole family enjoyed the stay with us and especially that you praised our complete hotel team like this. Of course, I will share your comments with our employees.

I hope that we can greet you again during your next stay in Berlin.

Kind regards