Have just returned from the Pullman and everyfing was ok except for the mentioned one. To start with, I needed well located, 4/5* hotel in Berlin with a reasonable pricing. The hotel offered nice BB package with late check-out (which I actually did not use) so I took it. The location is ok, 0,5km aprox from the nearest underground station, middle of the city. Berlin is quite large so it is though important which part of the city is the centre for you (remember :) ). Had no problem with their underground parking, it was "frei". Medicore price 25e/day. I hate that most of Berlin hotels have them so narrow but I think there is nothing to complain about as it seem obvious when staying in the city. The check-in was smooth and very friendly. The room preferences met.
Superior rooms are quite small for me. 27sqm or so ? Anyway it was well organised, and though very comfortable. The Zoologisher Garten view - ok, nothing special, the trees... (4th floor). Anyway, might be much worse :) I liked the light controls both side bed, the complimentary sparkling water in the fridge beside the nonsparkling on the desk.
The breakfast was well organised. I mention that because the hotel was totally fully booked and they converted some areas into breakfast areas just to meet the guest's expectations. The food choice is very good though do not try carrot juice which is tasteless. IMaybe they might consider to make the food hall larger in order to make the queues smaller but I tended to eat at peak times. The service is very efficient despite the mass they had to service.
The housekeeping was superb. They handled the room within one hour when I was leaving for a morning walk around each day. Thats quite rare !
There are no ice-machines on the floors so in case you would need some you have to call room service which I do not like. The room service reacted promptly for these requests.
The only and the main issue I have is the internet. The WiFI is complimentatry (as well as wired which I did not check). Is complimentary the other word for slow ? Think it is not as the breakfast was efficient. The WIFI was not. You may apply for a charged WIFI which is supposed to be faster but I did not try it as the devices showed lack of the strong signal rather than any other problem, Maybe if you are charged the signal becomes stronger ? :) I prefer the clear situations. You offer something free of charge, do it same way as if you charged, No further comments.
Anyway, I would recommend this hotel. In case the price is ok, the location suits you and you don't need to use WIFI . Take it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 383 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin