“Fantastic hotel”

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof
Ranked #27 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our visit here was very close to perfect. The rooms are excellent with a modern design. Good breakfast buffet with excellent service. Very close to the Tiergarten Zoo. Bus 200 stops very near the hotel and it will take you to many sights in Berlin, including MuseumsInsel.
Easy to get to the Hotel from Tegel airport with the X9 bus to Zoologischer Garten, although it's a bit of a walk from there to the hotel which may not be ideal if you have a lot of luggage.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Located close to the Tiergarten and Ku'damm, in a quiet tree-lined street, also perfectly connected to the two main bus lines 100/200 for getting around to the main attractions.
Reasonable breakfast buffet, during the weekend pretty busy with long lines waiting for seating. Bar and restaurant are fine, although a bit pricy.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and ok regarding the size. The beds are very comfortable.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I went to Berlin for our anniversary and returned to the Pullman as we'd had such a good experience before and were taking two friends who had never been to Berlin before. We were not disappointed. The pool and spa areas were spotless as before and we had a nice room. The staff very kindly left a note and chocolates in our room after we mentioned that we were visiting to celebrate. They also accommodated our request to give us two rooms near each other despite the fact that we booked separately; this was really appreciated. The only thing that stopped me giving 5 stars this time was the fact that we were located so far from the entrance / reception desk; we had to get two separate lifts to get to our room. We could leave from a side door but the card to get back into the room was temperamental. If in the main part of the hotel, my review would definitely be a 5. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Before our visit they also arranged a dinner reservation for us at a restaurant, which did not have an email address.

Room Tip: I would ask to be in the main part of the hotel to make it easier to pop back to the room if necessa...
An Accor traveller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was our 3rd stay at the Pullman Schweitzerhof. For us this hotel is one of the best option, we will be back, for sure. Convenient location, room fine and good arranged, chuge numer of tv programms, free wifi internet in room (or cable connection availlable) without any connection problems. Bathroom a little bit small, but with good quality cosmetics, fresh towels, fluffy bathrobe with hotel logo. Super breakfast on weekend days availlable up to 12, so its very convenient, the quality of food and drinks (exept carrot juice!!) very good, live coocking. There is fine spa with big pool and 2 saunas, relaxing area. Off course there is possible to order some spa treatments for body and soul. If you have a car - the car can be parked on the hotel parking - 25 euro/day, city-garage (200 m) 20 euro/day, or along the street - 1 euro/hour (between 9-20, ex. sundays). I have a gold card at Le Club Accor, at the time of check-in again was a problem with a free upgrade, but it was resolved fast and very well by the Reception Manager. I would like to recommend this hotel, we'll be back again.

Room Tip: Im my opinion the rooms with zoo-park view are better.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Have just returned from the Pullman and everyfing was ok except for the mentioned one. To start with, I needed well located, 4/5* hotel in Berlin with a reasonable pricing. The hotel offered nice BB package with late check-out (which I actually did not use) so I took it. The location is ok, 0,5km aprox from the nearest underground station, middle of the city. Berlin is quite large so it is though important which part of the city is the centre for you (remember :) ). Had no problem with their underground parking, it was "frei". Medicore price 25e/day. I hate that most of Berlin hotels have them so narrow but I think there is nothing to complain about as it seem obvious when staying in the city. The check-in was smooth and very friendly. The room preferences met.

Superior rooms are quite small for me. 27sqm or so ? Anyway it was well organised, and though very comfortable. The Zoologisher Garten view - ok, nothing special, the trees... (4th floor). Anyway, might be much worse :) I liked the light controls both side bed, the complimentary sparkling water in the fridge beside the nonsparkling on the desk.

The breakfast was well organised. I mention that because the hotel was totally fully booked and they converted some areas into breakfast areas just to meet the guest's expectations. The food choice is very good though do not try carrot juice which is tasteless. IMaybe they might consider to make the food hall larger in order to make the queues smaller but I tended to eat at peak times. The service is very efficient despite the mass they had to service.

The housekeeping was superb. They handled the room within one hour when I was leaving for a morning walk around each day. Thats quite rare !

There are no ice-machines on the floors so in case you would need some you have to call room service which I do not like. The room service reacted promptly for these requests.

The only and the main issue I have is the internet. The WiFI is complimentatry (as well as wired which I did not check). Is complimentary the other word for slow ? Think it is not as the breakfast was efficient. The WIFI was not. You may apply for a charged WIFI which is supposed to be faster but I did not try it as the devices showed lack of the strong signal rather than any other problem, Maybe if you are charged the signal becomes stronger ? :) I prefer the clear situations. You offer something free of charge, do it same way as if you charged, No further comments.

Anyway, I would recommend this hotel. In case the price is ok, the location suits you and you don't need to use WIFI . Take it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends