We have just paid our first visit to Berlin - a city various friends have raved about.
We chose this hotel from a booking website, partly because of its location in the atmospheric old Jewish quarter and its excellent transport links, partly because it offered a very attractive price for our 4 night stay.
We were delighted with our choice - especially when informed on arrival that we had been given a room upgrade. It was spacious, quiet and with a view straight up the Fernsehturm. A couple of mins from the Hackescha Markt (S bahn station, with an easy journey to Schônefeld airport, changing at Ostkreuz) ; do have at least one meal in the sprawling Restauration 1840 restaurant, which has a very traditional German family atmosphere and where you hear the trains rumbling overhead as you plough your way through large portions!
The hotel staff were unfailingly elegant and friendly and the buffet breakfasts in the glass-covered courtyard excellent. The entrance hall contains a fascinating illustrated history of the neighbourhood......it makes for a real introduction to the complex and often heavy history of the city itself.
Just a few minutes away is the Museum Island, with its 5 prestigious museums ; the frequent M100 buses down on Karl Liebknecht street whip you along the Unter den Linden in 5 minutes or so, to the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag ( the free lift trip up to the dome, bookable in advance, is unmissable for its views over Berlin). Public transport tickets come with 3 zone prices and are valid for 2 hours - or there are 1, 3 or 5 day passes, on sale at the hotel. We did buy a 3 day one, if only to avoid fiddling with the platform machines so often, and probably broke even.
There is so much to see, depending on your interests ; but Berlin is a beautiful, vibrant city. We shall certainly be returning - and to the Alexandra Plaza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stylish city hotel is situated in a quiet side street in the heart of Berlin right between Hackescher Markt and Alexanderplatz. Museum Island is only a few walking minutes away and the accessibility to public transport is outstanding. Berlin's sights and its numerous shops are easy to get to on foot from Alexander Plaza, the pride of Classik Hotel Collection. The charming hotel is popular for its amazing combination of the historic building of the 19th century with the modern design interior of warm colors and fine woods. Privately owned, it offers five different room categories and a small sauna area with a Finnish sauna. WLAN is available for free throughout the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Alexander Plaza Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Plaza Berlin Hotel Berlin
- Alexander Plaza Hotel Berlin
- Berlin Alexander Plaza Hotel