“Perfect for what we needed!!!!”

Derag Livinghotel Weissensee
Ranked #95 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
york
“Perfect for what we needed!!!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great base to explore Berlin from!!
The hotel was clean as was our room! All staff were pleasant and helpful and even let us check in early! Room had kitchenette with 2 ring hob, microwave, sink, kettle and fridge. Also provided tea, coffee, cups and glasses but no cutlery or plates/bowls but we had no problem borrowing some from the hotel restaurant which meant we could have breakfast in our room!
The hotel is outside the centre of Berlin but not as far as some people have made out in their reviews!!!! From the hotel it takes 10 mins to walk to the tram stop, the trams run 24/7 and are extremely frequent. The tram takes 15mins to get to Alexanderplatz and from here you can get pretty much anywhere in Berlin via the S-Bhan or U-Bhan.
The hotel is within walking distance of a Netto where we picked up some cereal, milk, snacks etc for 10 Euros bad this lasted us 3 days for breakfast. There is also a nice Italian restaurant on the way to the tram stop which did great food at a great price!
The hotel is also easily accessible by public transport from Schonefeld airport (takes roughly 50 mins)!
We would recommend the Berlin Welcome card as it covers all transport and gets some discounts!!
Must do,s in Berlin are reichstag (must be booked in advance but is free), tv tower, Olympic stadium, Berlin Wall memorial!
We were not that impressed with the zoo!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank swestmland
Koenigin_Luise, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Weissensee, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guests,

thank your for taking your time to review your stay at our Derag Livinghotel, especially that so positive.
We are pleased to hear that you had such a perfect time.

We wish you the best and hope to see you again whenever you decide to take another trip to Germany, Berlin.

Best regards
Team Hotel Königin Luise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 February 2014

First the positive points. The room was very clean and I had daily battles with the cleaning lady (no matter where I put my towels, I got fresh ones and my papers and food was moved across the table because it had to be cleaned).

There was a huge breakfast that I barely used, but it was there. Fresh fruits, juice, different types of bread. In the evening you could eat at the restaurant I believe or at the place out back, we ate at the place outside. It was fine, not great, but good enough.

Yes, it takes some time to go to the center of Berlin, but those 15 minutes are hardly a downer on your vacation. It is annoying that the trams only take cash. The hotel personel is happy to assist you with getting to the shopping center and taking the right trams or busses.

My friend also needed some items for a presentation, but there were some problems with the production and the parcel wasn't ready in time. It arrived at the hotel while we were enjoying our one day off in Berlin and a staff member put it her room. Great service!

The morning we left, there was coffee in the lobby. The can was unfortunately empty by the time we rolled out of our beds, but the staff made us some to go.

Now some minor annoyances.
The rooms are bit noisy, you can hear other people if they wear high heels or have the tv on too loud. Also, the room airconditioning switches on and makes quite a noise, you can turn it off.
The wifi didn't work for me, there was only internet on the laptop next to the reception.

But the biggest annoyance: you get a few bags of tea and coffee, this doesn't get refilled. It's a small thing, maybe they even offer it for free if you ask them. Due to the long work days I didn't bother with this and at the end of the trip I was stuck with my least favorite flavour tea.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank CoffeePerMile
Dear Guest,

thank your for great comment and your time to review your stay.
We are pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

We hope to see you again whenever you decide to take another trip to Germany, Berlin.

Best regards
Norway
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

It could have been beautiful but was ruined by terribly stained carpets in the hallways and rooms. When we checked in to our room there were black stains all over the carpet. We asked for another room and were given an upgrade to a larger suite with a full kitchen and a view of garden. This room had a fresh yellow stain near the bed that I saw after we moved. By this time I was too tired to change rooms again and used thongs when I walked on the carpets. I asked them to clean the stains which they did the next day.

This room was at the end of the hotel and had poor WIFI connection. There was a full kitchen but not a single cup or utensil. We stayed several days. There were the usual packets of coffee and tea the 1st day but no refill after that. Most hotels I have stayed in refill the coffee every day. For a supposedly 4 star hotel this is very poor. I was told I could ask for more at the front desk. This should not be necessary.

The staff was generally helpful and friendly. The hotel was about a 10 -15 minute walk to the tram line. It got us to the center of Berlin but I think a hotel near a subway line is more convenient. We often had to change too many times to get where we wanted to go.

This hotel has the potential to be very nice in spite of the location if they put more effort in to the details like coffee every day, utensils, cups andplates in the kitchen and new carpets.

At the end of our trip we went back there for 1 night. This room had cleaner carpets. Next time I go to Berlin I will make sure Ireserve. Hotel room far enough in advance so I will have a larger choice of inexpensive rooms.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank raela
Dear Guest,

thank your for taking your time to review your stay at the Derag Livinghotel Königin Luise. especially that detailled.
Minor rehabilitation works such as new carpet are carried out in the planning and early as the time gradually.
We are very sorry for the trouble
Best wishes and we hope to see you again in Berlin.
Kind regards
Minneapolis
Reviewed 26 December 2013

It could be the time of year that netted me a $57 a night deal or maybe I was just very lucky. For the price, I didn't expect much, but the reviews were true and this is a gem. The lobby is beautiful, but that's not where you sleep and I've seen places where gorgeous lobbies hide a horror show upstairs. Not here. It's a well-appointed little room I've gotten with a single bed (I thought I reserved a queen, but I'm not complaining),refrigerator, stove, microwave, shower, tub, free Internet, couch, desk and a flatscreen TV. It's tasteful, tiny and quiet. Oh, there's a balcony, too so that I can sit out and enjoy Berlin's drizzle! I don't see how one can possibly go wrong at this hotel and I imagine the larger rooms are every bit as nice. €23 taxi ride from Tegel airport. It's off the beaten path, but if you want to stay with the action, then you will pay the "with the action price." I'm quite happy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank bobcov
Miami
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

A real gem in the heart of Berlin, 10 minutes from the center. Calm and lovely location. Very spacious room, well equipped, clean and comfortable. Efficient WiFi free of charge. Friendly and helping staff. High value for money. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found staff on reception to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast had good choice of cereals/breads/meats/tea and coffee. Hotel is located in a residential area just outside the centre but the excellent tram system meant that for 3,20 euros for zone AB you could travel in/out and around Berlin all day and its an easy 10 minute walk to the hotel from AlbertineStrasse or AntonPlatz tram stops. Nice area with local shops and restaurants available.Hotel very clean throughout. We had a room facing onto the road across from the construction work - no problem with noise. WiFi worked perfectly every time we needed it. TV mostly italian/german but found latest movies shown in english intermittently. Microwave/fridge/two hobs and sink in the room and the addition of 2 beers and 2 waters every day was a bonus after a long day walking.

Room Tip: rooms on park side would probably be quieter but no real issue with construction works over the road
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for five nights in early November and it was an excellent choice. We managed to locate the hotel quite easily (many thanks to fussweh for his excellent directions), it is in a very quiet, residential location. Our first floor room was clean and comfortable. The self catering facilities were quite basic (even Heston Blumenthal would struggle with a microwave, pot, two large spoons and a whisk!). We tended to eat out so it was no big deal for us.
The two free bottles of beer and water each day were a nice touch. I'm not a big fan of Becks beer but it was a godsend on arrival after a long day's travelling, I doubt the first one even touched the sides! The breakfast each morning was very good. I rarely have a cooked breakfast and the continental choice was excellent with a wide choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, meats, cheeses etc.
The hotel staff were also excellent, we found them friendly, chatty and very professional. A special thank you to the young lady with the glasses at reception (sorry, we didn't catch your name), she went out of her way to assist us when we had trouble accessing and printing our return boarding cards, a nice touch, thanks.
We didn't feel the hotel was in the least remote, it was an easy stroll to the tram, which were very frequent, and 10 minutes later we were in the city centre. We found it an ideal location. The Netto supermarket at the bottom of the street was also very handy (cheap but excellent beer and wine).
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and in Berlin and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to other travellers. We made an excellent choice, it was very good value for money and we will definitely stay there if visiting Berlin again in the future.

Room Tip: Our first floor room directly overlooked the street to the front of the hotel but we're never di...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple