Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst
US$97
US$104
US$97
1,079 results
All reviewsbottles of beermarkisches museumu bahn stationfree beer and watermuseum islandtrouser pressalexander platzper daynice hotelhotel barmini barmetro stopwithin walking distanceexcellent locationair conditioningquiet locationcomfortable beds
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been to Germany lots of times (Munich, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Bremen, Koln, Hanover etc) and Berlin itself a number of times and I usually look for budget hotels, a step up from hostels.

Derag was very reasonably priced, as cheap as some big standard hotels that I have stayed at, but the quality here is a few notches above.

It has smart and spacious rooms, complimentary bottles of Becks and water in the fridge each day, a big helpful reception area, and it well located - a stone's throw from Märkisches Museum U-bahn, which is in Mitte Berlin and just a few stops from Alexanderplatz.

An ideal place for couples who want to see the sites, have a relaxing hotel, but dont want to spend over the odds on rooms.

Also, it is next to the canal, so nice for strolling around and there is a good Indian restuarant across the way.

When I return to Berlin I'll have no hestiation to come back to Derag.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
VivienFolgmann, Front Office Manager at Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and the members of our staff.

It is important for us to get your review, so we can assure best care and attention to our hotel guest at all time.

However, it was an honour for us to serve you as our guest.
We would be pleased, if you would give us the opportunity to be at your service once more.

Therefore, we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Derag Hotel Großer Kurfürst in Berlin on a potential future occasion.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pros:
- fair price
- seconds away from a quiet U-Bahn station
- complementary 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles of beer
- free sauna downstairs (note: mixed male-female nudity)
- free 24 hours nicely equipped gym
- inexpensive breakfast
- walking distance (15-20 minute) to Alexanderplatz
- free WiFi (for up to 1 device)

Cons:
- WiFi signal was a bit weak in my room
- the free WiFi allows only one device at a time
- the fridge in the room is quite tiny
- no air condition, but you do have a fan

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
VivienFolgmann, Front Office Manager at Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for your great feedback on tripadvisor.com.

We are happy that almost everything was to your satisfaction.
Hopefully we will have you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Really nice hotel centrally placed in Berlin - and the upgraded me when they did not have more rooms in the price level I had booked. Had a great stay in the suite - naturally very pleased :) But very nice stay either way with a great service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
VivienFolgmann, Front Office Manager at Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are happy that you enjoyed our free upgrade into a superior suite.
Hopefully we will have you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great location for sightseeing within easy walking distance of many sights and very easy access to the U for access to the entire city. Price is very affordable for the city with friendly, helpful staff and clean throughout. I did not eat the breakfast, so no information on that. As mentioned in several other posts, the A/C is really an air circulation system. When the temperature drops after sundown, this works well but you may need an open window in the early evening. I had a room on the street side and it is quite noisy at times. The free water in the minibar is a very nice amenity.

Room Tip: Recommend avoiding the street side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
VivienFolgmann, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for taking time to rate our hotel and for your kind feedback regarding the location and amenity in the minibar.

Maybe we may welcome you the next time at the big breakfast buffet.

Greetings from Berlin,

Stefan Jungmann / Shiftleader - Front Office

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great location by the underground Maerkisches Museum station on the U2 route at the bottom end of museum island. It takes about 10-15mins to walk to main areas e.g. Berlin Cathederal and Alexander Platz or you just use the underground and get there in 5mins. There is also a Lidle/Aldi a similar distance away south of the Hotel if you want to pick up some supplies.

Derag Livinghotel Henriette and Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfuerst are sister hotels opposite each other on the same road. My ebookers reservation said I was in Henriette but was actually in Grosser Kurfuerst. The staff speak English and the room was clean and comfortable. The reception is open 24hours so it is easy to check in and out of the hotel. Excellent value for money I got my 5 nights for approximately £35 per night. The two hotels have restaurants Cana (Grilled Food) and Shezan (Curry). The room was well decorated and corridors all have art work in them so it is a very pretty building inside.
I only had one issue during my stay and that was the lack of air conditioning. I think its just an air circulation system, which combined with the top floor and temperatures of 30c+ during my made it quite warm. However it wasnt too bad and I spent the majority of my time out exploring Berlin and enjoying the sun. On the plus side you will find two bottles of beer and two bottle of water in your fridge each day of your stay free of charge. What better way to arrive or come back from a day exploring Berlin than to enjoy your free bottle of beer that have been chilling in the fridge. There is a free movie zone, 3 channels of English Language movies, each has about 6 on repeat throughout the day. Wifi is free, you get the login info when you check in. It is a little slow but did the job of allowing me to keep up to date with facebook.

In summary its an excellent hotel, in a good location and two free beers a day. I would recommend this to anyone considering staying in Berlin

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank noddy100uk

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time to give us a feedback with TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed some nice sunny days at us, in Berlin.

We and the complementary goodies are waiting, to welcome you the next
time in Berlin.