“Small but comfortable room”

TITANIC Comfort Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #164 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is right by the Spittelmarkt station for one of the U-lines which made traveling very convenient. The room is definitely small but it's clean and the bed itself is big and comfortable. I stayed with a friend and we had just enough room for our suitcases, which we were fine with since we were out most of the time anyway. A short taxi ride away from a lot of clubs and most taxis know where it is - you only have to tell them the name. Free wifi and nice fluffy towels! Definitely not a bad stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at the Titanic for a week in June, and was very happy with my stay. The hotel looks new, and my room was better than I expected. The room was extremely clean, the bed comfortable, and the towels were downright luxurious. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but when I did, they were polite and professional. The location was perfect for me, a ten minute walk, and right by a U-Bahn station. The only downside: the room is small. If you're going to work in your room, you'll be doing it on the bed. I would definitely recommend the hotel anyway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carbondonkey
Reviewed 24 June 2014

On our recent trip to Berlin we booked to stay at the Titanic Comfort Hotel in Berlin and we had a terrible experience staying in this place. Firstly, we were placed in a hotel room that didn't have access to windows that could open and with a non functioning air condition, this made for a very uncomfortable and sweaty night. However the saving grace was an upgrade to another room the next night.

Secondly, we read on their information sheet that guest were able to ask things such toiletries, from the Reception and they would deliver it to the room. When we asked for a water and mouth wash from the Reception we told to come down to Reception as they do not deliver to the room. After heading down to the Reception they said that didn't know what we were talking about and then referred us to the Hotel bar? On approaching the bar staff for water, we were spoken to quite rudely by staff there. Poor Customer Service.

Unfortunately, we did not have a good experience with Titanic which tarnished our short trip to Berlin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JacMer
Reviewed 21 June 2014

we stayed in this hotel for few days for a short holiday; location is superb and staff was friendly and helpful. Good quality/price ratio ; the main weaknesses we found:
- rooms are nice but too small, no space for 2 people with 2 luggage;
- no wardrobe for clothes;
-air conditioned was broken and it was too hot during the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent hotel in the city center, good value for money. I travel a lot and I am really satisfied with the location (all taxis knew it, and I could walk easily to the city center), the room was really great and the restaurant - perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Registravel
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great location, hotel staff were friendly and helpful, bright and welcoming lobby, room was small, and very little storage, but clean and bright. bed was soft and pillows lumpy....location is what saves this hotel..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked this hotel from a choice of hundreds of hotels in Berlin having never been to the city before I had no idea where to stay so I took a chance on the area but I feel I made a perfect choice we did find it hard to find because we decided to walk( using google instructions) from jannowitzbrucke station we made a wrong turn and got completely lost even a taxi driver hadn't heard of the street and it was not on his sat nav either so my advise get straight on the u bahn to spiittelmarkt and the hotel is just round the corner. We didn't really know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised by the outside it was lovely with outdoor furniture and big white parasols very modern. Check in was smooth staff very helpful and pleasant (apart from one lady who was extremely rude when she didn't understand what I was asking her). we stayed there 3 nights never had breakfast as we found a lovely little café just around the corner which worked out a lot cheaper, but we did make use of the bike hire which at 12 euros per day was reasonable and it was defiantly the best way to get around berlin it made our weekend. I did read that the rooms were small and yes i'll agree they was not a pent house but perfectly adequate for myself and my 6"4 husband we only slept and showered in there, who goes to Berlin to spend all their time in a hotel room?? Building works was still on going but we went over the weekend so it was only fri and mon and as soon as you closed the window we couldn't hear a thing. Overall an excellent hotel for the money would go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple