“Storyline of Berlin” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Story Line of Berlin Walking Tour Including Typical Berlin Chocolate
Ranked #66 of 366 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Berlin Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Berlin. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Berlin. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Brisbane, Australia
“Storyline of Berlin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our tour guide Nadin took my boyfriend and I (in a very intimate group of 4!) around Berlin and we had such a fantastic time. She was very kind and engaging and gave her own story of living in Berlin when the wall came down. She had an infectious enthusiasm for the city and it really was a highlight of our trip. I really learnt so much about little details of the city that I would have missed if we had not organised this tour. Thank you Nadin, from Australia!

Visited February 2014

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“1. Storyline of Berlin. 2. Hidden Berlin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

It was around 1968 when I last visited Berlin so went there with anticipation of the changes made during that time. My guide, Nadin, didn't waste time! She went straight into giving a full and interesting account of her life living in East Berlin and then the days after the Wall came down. Her knowledge and enthusiasm for telling the story of Berlin was very good. Nothing was held back and both the horrors and good points of the history were recounted in equal parts. Sites were both the main sites visited and also some of those off the beaten track and less seen by visitors.

The good thing about these walking tours is that you are close to everything to be seen, rather than rushing past in a bus, and you can venture to the parts less visited and so which are not crowded but form a vital part of the history and culture of the city. I don't know how far we walked, but distance was not a consideration for the value of the actual experience. While there is not the time to go in and look around buildings and museums the trips do give you an overview of Berlin for your own schedules later.

Each trip visited different parts of Berlin and so took in differing aspects of this wonderful city. The history covered the many changes that Germany has experienced to present day; visited old and modern sites; took in the horrors of the Nazi regime and the holocaust and also sites from the Cold War days of the split city. Both trips were thoroughly educational and interesting.

I can highly recommend these trips. Many thanks, Nadin, for making me so welcome in your city and for all the information and tips.

“Hidden Berlin tour ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Today we explored hidden berlin and had the most amazing and interedting tour. Our guide Nadin was lovely and had such in depth knowledge of the city and its history. Would highly recomend this tour to get away from the big buses and bustle of the main Berlin sights.

Pelham, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I want to thank Valentina and her colleagues for a wonderful afternoon and evening. The tour was very interesting and had just the right balance of neighborhood walking, street art and eating. There are a lot of things you can do in Berlin on your own, but this is not one of them. We would never have learned this area and some terrific places to eat on our own.

Valentina has deep knowledge of Berlin and Kreutzberg and it was refreshing to hear her views. I thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to do something different and get a more complete picture of Berlin.

Perth
“Fantastic and wonderful insight into Berlin's history.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nadine was an excellent guide as she not only knew the history of her home but the tour was filled with legendary stories as well as local ones. She really helped me to understand and appreciate some of the difficulties Germany has faced and struggled to overcome through the various landmarks and memorials. Thank you so much