“Amazing True Story Teller!”
Review of BlackBird Tours

BlackBird Tours
Ranked #201 of 401 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: BlackBird Tours are historical, ghost and military themed walking tours in Berlin, Germany. We offer a wide range of scheduled and privately booked excursions both in the city and throughout northern Germany. Our scheduled tours- Last Nights of the Third Reich and Ghosts of Old Berlin run every night at 20:00- except Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 pm. We run 363 days a year.We leave from the old traffic light in Potsdamer Platz! Look for the guides in black with the white flyers. Come to us if you want the spooky history of old Berlin, the pomp and pageantry of the Imperial age or the horrors of the Third Reich!
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Wow! I went on the "Last Nights of the Third Reich" tour on Sept 30, 2011. My guide was Lauren and she was the 3rd Reich history guru! We had such an amazing time with our groupon tour, that my friends and I did a 4 hour private Nazi history tour with Lauren on Oct 5th. She an was incredible, theatrical true story, teller. I hadnt heard about the victimization of women in the city as the war ended, ever before. I am facinated by women's history, so this was really interesting for me. I am amazed that they survived what they did. I just learned so much.

4  Thank watertiger3

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I went on this tour because of the groupon deals, but I now seriously regret that. Like so many others I find the history about the Third Reich incredibly interesting, and also very important to remember. So that we don't repeat the same mistakes again. Blackbird offer an extra long and detailed tour about the Nazi time.

Our guide Lauren knows her stuff, and is very passionate about it. A bit too passionate. She was always taking the side of the perpetrators of these horrible crimes against humanity.
I had a very bad taste in my mouth after this tour. There was no sympathy for the victims. I have Jewish friends who's grand parents were killed. I have also met a survivor, and was moved to tears when he told me how his mother and sister were kicked to death in front of his eyes in Riga concentration camp.
This is what we have to remember, not how good the generals looked in their fancy uniforms and leather boots.

12  Thank Lolisa11
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Guide was a young military historian, very enthusiastic. I consider myself fairly well read in ww2 history but every question I could think off was answered by the extremely knowledgeable guide. Tour is though not recommended to children or those unfamiliar with what happened in Berlin in the last days of the war as some of the guide's descriptions were very graphic. For a ww2 buffs though it is very good value and very entertaining.

Be prepared though that the guide tries to understand what drove many of the defenders to fight to the death. So although not revisionism it certainly doesn't paint everything in black and white.

3  Thank karlth
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We went on the Ghost, Nazi and the full day tour, all booked upfront which in hindsight, was a mistake. The full day tour is not on the website but I was assured by 'Lauren' that it was going to appear on the site the following week. It is now ~3 weeks since the tour and it's still not there. We were seeking an intensive, highly informative day of WW2 gems and unfortunately, apart from some good detail, it most certainly is not structured the way one would expect a full day, private tour. We were also promised a list of movies worth seeing to continue the education (no email follow up with that list). Also unfortunately, Lauren is unable to speak German which would have helped when we were ordering lunch.

The Ghost tour was not informative at all. Totally pointless from our perspective. The nazi tour was ok but again, lacked some structure.

In truth, Lauren has a great deal of Nazi/WW2 knowledge. She is very passionate about the topic and that is a real positive. How that is translated to a quality tour experience is the challenge Blackbird has. I wish them well as it cannot be an easy market.

3  Thank scrank