“Excellent Service, Friendly Staff and Awesome Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Berlin

Ranked #27 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Service, Friendly Staff and Awesome Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Full service doesn't seem adequate to describe this property. The bottom line is that a clean, comfortable room is expected from an InterContinental brand hotel but a staff of friendly and helpful people make this hotel a stand-out. I've had breakfast at other hotels but the quality of the breakfast offered by this hotel exceeded my expectations. Every employee I encountered was pleasant and courteous, and the greeter at breakfast was exceptionally so. The InterContinental is my new favorite hotel in Berlin.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AB_Orlando
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear AB_Orlando

I am glad that we took the top spot on your hotel list in Berlin and want to thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Berlin in such a pleasant and helpful way.

Our teams make our hotel special and they as well as I are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Beautiful and comfortable room, a great spa (much bigger than I first thought), lovely breakfast buffé and above all an amazingly friendly staff - this hotel leaves little to ask for! The only thing we didn't try was the famous restaurant on the 14th floor, maybe next time though, 'cause I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Matilda

the stay you are describing is the stay we try to create for every single guest. So I will gladly forward your review to our teams and thank you very much for sharing your view on your stay here on TripAdvisor.

Guildford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We checked in to a room on the 10th floor and had to wait 20 mins and call down for our suitcase which they'd forgotten to bring up. Then we find that the electrics in the bathroom weren't working. Another call down to reception and a 20 minute wait for someone to come and fix it (blown fuse). Shame really, as the hotel was lovely and staff very nice.

Breakfast was awesome, so much choice make sure you leave plenty of time to eat it all, bear in mind it's 30euros each, so you wanna be hungry!

Concierge was most helpful in pointing out the places to go which helped a lot given out short stay in the city.

Didn't use the restaurant as we wanted to try kurrywurst.

Tip: don't order the water from room service, go over the road to the Greek restaurant and buy it there. It's less than half price!

Overall, a good hotel let down by a couple of niggles. But we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeremy

thank you for posting a review on our hotel, the InterContinental Berlin. That you state, that besides the initial challenges upon your arrival, you intend to stay with us again acknowledges our team's effort to make up for this false start.

I promise that upon your next stay you will not face similar difficulties and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I liked this hotel quite a lot and can't quite fault it. I especially enjoyed the Spa and pool facilities. Fresh fruit and water is served in the Spa for free. To get to hotel I would recommend a taxi, especially if you carry a lot of luggage. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. Sight disappointment about the size of TV and inability to watch TV properly in a twin room ( due to doom design ). Wifi signal is fairly strong. Business centre has not been tried and it is not fee to use the centre.
If you wish to browse Berlin, socially if you are there for a couple of nights - catch a bus 100 or 200 from a nearby bus station (bus 200 stops on the other side of the road and will take you through a touristic route around berlin). Routes 100 and 200 have been specifically designed to suit tourists. The buses are London type double-deckers. Will I stay in this hotel again - yes I definitely will. The Spa and German red wine in the minibar were the highlights of my stay. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank German L
Dear German L,

thank you for this very nice review, accompanied by some impressions of the InterContinental Berlin.

If you like wine, I recommend to you our Michelin star restaurant Hugos which features more than 700 different types of wine, presented by sommelier Michael Köhle.

I am looking forward to your future stays and wish you equally comfortable experiences during your other hotel stays.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

What a stay.. I will never forget this hotel. A sudden conference meeting made me book a 2 nights stay in InterContinental which I was so happy for I did. The hotel is really amazing, modern with large rooms which are comfortable and clean. The service was perfect and the staff was so helpful and had a positive spirit. The view from the hotel is fantastic, because of the good location. The breakfast I got was very delicious! I really managed to put myself in a relaxing mode during my short stay even though I had a 5-hour long conference meeting both days..

Stayed April 2013
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear David

your review is such a nice appreciation of our continuous team effort to provide our guests with the best possible stay. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and considering the reason of your stay I wish you many more such experiences during the conferences you attend.

See you again soon in Berlin.

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

A group of us recently spent a long weekend in Berlin staying t the Intercontinental and we enjoyed the experience immensely.
Although a large corporate hotel which was extremely busy, it managed to deliver an extremely intimate feel due to the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.
The breakfast was excellent and the bar was a great place to come back to for a 'night cap'.
With its excellent location, I would recommend staying here and I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael Q
Dear Michael

our teams and I are also looking forward to your return in the future and I will be happy to forward your review to our teams who made your stay so pleasant and special.

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for staying with us in the first place.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

It is an excellent hotel. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. They offered me an upgrade to an executive room for an extra 30 euro a night. The room was large, faced the zoo, quiet and very green outside. The breakfast buffet was excellent with great choices and good service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the zoo can see a lot of green foliage and are quiet.