“Great Hotel and service”

Ranked #27 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Muscat, Oman
“Great Hotel and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my first visit to Berlin. This hotel is ideally located and is close to shopping and excellent restaurants. I was given an upgrade to a Senior Suite. The suite was very nicely designed with a modern theme and excellent amenities. I enjoyed my three night stay greatly. The service was excellent throughout.
I am definitely staying here again on my next visit. Thank you IC Berlin team.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Waleed

as you thank us as a team, I want to thank you even more for staying with us and for leaving your very positive comment.

We are looking forward to seeing you again here in Berlin.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bytom, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hotel is very well located, in the heart of the city. Room was clean and tidy. Very nice pool and sauna area. Walking distance to Zoo and Kaiser supermarket. The staff was very friendly and halpfull. Hope to visit this hotel again. Internet speed was horrible :(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wntl
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear wntl

thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Berlin.

We offer two kinds of Internet: A free standard internet with speeds of up to 512 kbit/s and a high-speed version for a fee which provides several Mbit/s of speed. This way, you are free to choose whether you just need basic services or send and receive larger data packages.

We also hope that you will visit us again.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Comfortable hotel - located in the center of Berlin near the zoo and the famous Kurfürstendamm shopping area. Opposite the main entrance to the hotel - bus-stop 200, a 3-minute walk to the metro station.
As a member of the IHG Club Ambassador, I got a fantastic upgrade to the Presidential Suite. Frankly, already accustomed to receiving gifts from IHG, but this time, this surprise has surpassed all expectations.
The suite was an area of ​​not less than 150 m2, including a huge living room, bedroom, bathroom with separate luxury shower, bath, enormous walk-in closet with granite countertops on two sinks, a separate meeting room (I spent a few days in Berlin to meet with European partners - so negotiation room was very handy), additional bathroom at the entrance, a small kitchen with coffee and tea facilities.
View from the window size from ceiling to floor offer a fantastic park view (it was very visible monument Victoria).
On our floor was located Club lounge with a decent selection of snacks and drinks. For lunch and dinner we go to Club lounge - as we were with a 9-month old son and could not go to the any restaurants, but we did not notice much difference.
We had breakfast in the common area on the ground floor. The choice of food is awesome, the staff Serviced (as hostesses to the waiters) communicates with great affection and seeks to help.
The only remark - cooking omelet. :) If my report will be without a single remark - that trust in him will not be enough.
So, the omelette was terrible. And poor cooking omelet did not change when applying to other chefs. But everything else, including fresh juices, a wide choice of hams and cheeses, special dietary menu, good selection of pastries - it was great.
I can not mention the magnificent spa area with a good selection of different saunas and showers, including outdoors. Nice pool, large Jacuzzi. Visiting for hotel guests free of charge.
As I mentioned above, we were at the hotel with a small child - any difficulties we had. On the contrary, the hotel staff (after most of the guests businessmen) tried his best to help us in spite of the constant crying and complaints of the child (in the way he had a cold). Beforehand we did not report that come with the child - on the second day without our requests hotel set comfortable baby bed.
Highly recommend for jogging or leisurely walks magnificent park, located just behind the hotel. I loved walking in the fresh air with my son in the morning, that was comforting him and delighted me.
Separately, at the request of my wife I want to mention a very friendly girls Valery on Reception. She speaks Spanish perfectly and was able to very quickly improve our mood after a long trip with a sick child.
I hope for a new meeting - the next time you need to stop InterContinental Berlin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex S
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Alex,

there is only one thing I want to add to your review: When you get the chance, you may top off your stay with the delicacies and views from Hugos Restaurant on the 14th floor.

Thank you very much for your appreciation which I will be sure to share with our teams.

Durban
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a fantastic 4 night stay at the Intercontinental Berlin. What an amazing city and the location of the Intercontinental was so convenient to get to the various sights, theaters and shopping. The 200 bus stops right in front and takes you either to the U Bahn or past various theaters. Potsdammer Platz and the Brandenburg Gate. On the first evening I could even smell the zoo close by!

Rooms are comfortable with a great shower and the complimentary wifi works well. The Gym and pool area are such a treat to unwind after exploring. The breakfast is the most expansive spread I have ever seen. Boasting a wide range of good quality breakfast choices.

Staff were very professional and polite throughout. Thank you I had a great stay and will most definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Craig,

thank you very much for posting such impressive pictures of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

For us, it is of utmost importance to provide you with a 360 degrees excellent service experience. This includes e.g. our free WiFi which we improved recently to match many needs of our guests. Stays like yours are what we strive for.

See you again soon in Berlin.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

One hectic day + night meeting friends and revisiting a much-loved city: from the very start, this hotel proved the right one for me. A short walk from Bahnhof Zoo, an immediate upgrade, and - new to me - instead of the usual coupon for a drink in the bar, a coupon giving a free item from the room's minibar - much better! The room was big and comfortable - so big, I briefly couldn't find the door! Access to the Internet was rapid, the complimentary connection was more than adequate for my needs.
My first of two caveats: as with so many hotels of this kind, little thought has been given to some of the guests' practical needs. There was only one power socket in the room, in the desk. The kettle could therefore only be used, not on the table on which it was located with the free coffee, tea and (wonderful!) chocolate, but right next to my computer. Ditto razor and mobile phone charging. Eventually I discovered a well-hidden power socket in the hallway next to the door. My second caveat: the tap for the bath/shower was located behind the bather's back and a long way from the shower.
The bed was fine and the breakfast buffet outstanding. No trouble getting a 16:00 checkout; when I returned to the hotel shortly before that, the electronic key still worked the lift and my room's door. How often have I had to return to Reception for a time-consuming top-up!
Getting a taxi from the hotel to Tegel airport was instant, and the staff's fare estimate was absolutely accurate.
One tip from a local friend: opposite the hotel is the Franziskus hospital. On the top of the hospital is a roof garden café open to the public. Go up there for the view!
I'm sure I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get upgraded!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Rodney

thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your days in Berlin and at our hotel.

I am sorry that you did not find enough power sockets in your rooms. This is something hard to change and we already installed more than average in our rooms. Our technicians will be happy to point you to the available sockets when you give our teams a call.

Other than that, I am very happy to hear about your experience. Please let me just point out: Although we do not have a rooftop terrace, the view from Hugos Restaurant on our 14th floor is even better than from the hospital's rooftop. You can simply enjoy a drink a Hugos Bar while enjoying the view.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a mini break.

Location was just perfect for us, and we had been told the breakfast was to die for, so we booked this hotel on that recommendation alone!

We were not disappointed. We checked in at 12 expecting maybe to have to wait for a room, but there was one available and we unpacked and explored the area. The Tiergarten / zoo area is an excellent base to explore Berlin from and the hotel is located near the zoo station so getting from the airport is very quick and easy.

Our room was excellent - clean and modern with all the facilities you'd expect from this brand.

Had a few drinks in Marlene's bar which is quite pricey but typical hotel prices really, and it's easy enough to find somewhere close by.

Breakfast was simply amazing. I've probably not seen such a wide selection of food in any hotel worldwide, and the quality is excellent. The food is replenished long before it runs out which is excellent to see as some hotels are not so diligent.

The beds were very comfortable and a full night's sleep was had both nights. It was nice to be able to have the window open and the a/c off.

Customer service is second to none here and the staff go out of their way to accommodate any requests.

Check out was seamless and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Prices were extremely reasonable for the brand, location and service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wyc0mbe
Dear Wyc0mbe

there is nothing I would like to add to your excellent review besides a sincere "Thank you" and that I hope we will welcome you again at the InterContinental Berlin.

Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

It is a very nice and expensive hotel near a number of foreign Embassy buildings . The hotel has everything you could ask for along with wonderful service by staff and management. The only drawback was having to pay $20 daily to use the spa area, other than that it was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Christian

thank you for choosing the InterContinental Berlin as your hotel in Germany's capital.

I am pleased that you found our hotel matching and exceeding your expectations. Our SPA InterContinental - the only aspect for improvement you mentioned - is intended as an exclusive area only for those who really intend to use it. The pool and gym area are free of charge for everyone.

If you prefer to use many services of the InterContinental Berlin, I strongly recommend inquiring about our Club InterContinental. Breakfast as well as snacks and drinks are included - and so is the SPA InterContinental and our high-speed internet. Additionally, you may rest in our Club InterContinental Lounge.

With that being said, we hope to see you again soon in Berlin.