“Pleasant stay as usual”

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant stay as usual”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was only my second time here, but I received an invitation upon check-in from the General Manager to meet with him as a "frequent guest" to discuss my experience at IC Berlin. On the form I signed at check-in there was written on the corner "TripAdvisor". I guess they've matched me to my TA reviews. That's kind of creepy.

LOCATION
Is next to Tiergarten, in a quiet area of Berlin. 10 mins walk to the nearest Ubahn.

SERVICE
Good as usual, no complaints. Bellmen, front desk staff, restaurant staff were all friendly and helpful.

ROOMS
I stayed in a senior suite. I was a little disappointed because I thought the room would be better appointed. Now, don't get me wrong, it is still a very nice and large room with separate sleeping area, but compared to the deluxe room I stayed in last time, it was not that much nicer. I would probably just stay in a deluxe room next time.

FOOD
Breakfast is located in a nice restaurant. The food choice, however, seems limited compared to other Intercontinentals in Europe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BostonianT
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear BostonianT,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. First of all I want to mention that the notice ‘Trip Advisor’ on the check-In form is only the information for us about the booking channel you have used. Generally we are always looking for creating unique hotel experiences and potential for improving our services, which is the reason why we regularly ask guests to meet with our hotel managers. Detailed reviews like yours are also helpful for our daily work.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in the Intercontinental for a week in Feb 2014, chosen by our corporate travel agency.
The hotel is just what you expect from an Intercon - extremely clean, every service you could expect, and anything you ask for is provided.
My room was beautiful - I liked the modern design, and the layout made it feel cosy. It's one room, but the furniture is arranged so that it feels like a lounge and a bedroom. All facilities in the room were excellent. The coffee machine was so good that I bought one when I got home! The wifi is fast and the MP3 dock was very useful (especially as I could listen to my music in the bath).
The bathroom was very large, with a dressing area, and felt luxurious. The shower was very strong, and as well as the rainfall shower, there is a handheld one in there, which so many hotels forget to add.
All staff were extremely helpful, and nothing was too much.
The only downside for me is that the location is not great for the evenings. It's a taxi ride to any of the sights, and there weren't really any inspiring restaurants in the immediate area. But for my office, the location was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LittleMissExplorer27
Dear LittleMissExplorer27,

thank you for your kind words. I’m pleased to hear that you are inspired by our service and furnishing and that you brought something, which reminds you of Berlin.
Located close to the ambassador district, I have to admit that there are not as many restaurants and bars, besides our two restaurants and the Marlene Bar, as in other districts. But with the bus 200 you can reach a lot of different locations for the evening. For this case we created a map with nearby locations. Our concierges are looking forward to advising you during your next stay with us in Berlin.

Hope to see you soon back in Berlin and I wish you lots of delicious coffee with your new machine.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My fiance and I spent 3 nights in the Intercontinental in Berlin last week and we had a really wonderful stay. The receptionist was very efficient and the staff in general couldn't have been more helpful. They even provided us with umbrellas for the terrible weather that Berlin was experiencing which was a godsend. The leisure center was really relaxing too. We went to the philharmonic while in Berlin and the location of the hotel was just great as the 200 bus picked us up right outside the door and dropped us off outside the concert hall.We also had a few drinks in Marlene bar and again the staff were very attentive and efficient. A few little things let the overall score down mainly that the TV was stuck in a box against the wall and was very hard to watch from the bed. The dinner and breakfast options were also quite expensive when just looking for a light meal. However, we were very impressed overall and would definitely stay there again given the chance!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear WeeT88

thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your Berlin trip also due to the quality provided by our hotel.

We are constantly reviewing our prices and offers and are always happy to hear your feedback. When it comes to our rooms, you slept in one of our Superior rooms. These are design-oriented and thus provide moving element such as the compartment the TV is located in. In comparison, our Deluxe rooms offer larger screens whereas there are no moving elements in the room. Often, this is a choice of taste.

I hope your next Berlin trip will be just as pleasant with much better weather during summer.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Managed to get a great deal here for a one night stay on business.
Hotel is well located in nice area of town beside the zoo and Tiergarten. Not too far from Brandenburg and other tourist hotspots.
Staff at hotel were very friendly, rooms very nice and comfortable. A nice cocktail bar in the lobby and pretty decent food served in restaurant.
All in all a very nice hotel and I would stay again if prices were as reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen

thank you very much for your review and I am glad that we were able to provide you with excellent value for money.

See you again in Berlin.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days in the beginning of march. Lets start with the hotel. The staff are excellent, the room we had was large and very comfortable. The breakfast had everything you could look for and the Marlene bar was great including live music. And now to the price guarantee. We ended up paying 157 euro more to the hotel because I was so stupid to book an non refundable price. I found a cheaper price on Expedia.com but they IHG group denied to give me their price guarantee. So to all of you who wants to stay at this very nice hotel, book it somewhere else. please. I have read on Tripadvisor that several people have exsperienced the same thing so please try to avoid the same problem that we had.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new wing, its quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 123177
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear 123177

thank you for staying with us at the InterContinental Berlin and bringing the difference in prices to our attention.

When you find a cheaper price at another provider compared to the IHG booking system, we will not only match that price but also you will receive a complimentary first night. We promise you the best possible price and we stand by this offer. Of course, we will check whether your claim is valid.

I am pleased that this did not impair your stay and that you found our hotel worth recommending.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good rooms, excellent service, good internet facility. Large Hotel, good conference facilities, can handle large numbers. Close to Alexanderplat and the sights to see. Good breakfast spread. Overall a comfortable stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear KanwarTavy

thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Berlin and for staying with us in Germany's capital.

It is great to hear that you found our hotel to be comfortable and well located.

London
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is ideally located in a lovely part of Berlin. It is a fifteen minute walk to Zoo station, which can get you across Berlin easily. The Berlin Zoo (best zoo I have ever visited) is ten minutes walk. A good range of shops and restaurants also in easy walking distance.

The hotel service is excellent with three good restaurants and an excellent choice for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear James

thank you for your compliments on our location which also includes the nearby Tiergarten park and a bus station to take you to Potsdamer Platz within five minutes.

I am pleased you enjoyed our restaurants Hugos, L.A.Cafe as well as the Marlene Bar with its wide selection of drinks and cocktails.

See you again soon in Berlin.