“Overpriced bad quality food”

Gasthaus Alt Bayern
Ranked #2,111 of 8,598 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Zuchwil, Schweiz
“Overpriced bad quality food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This restaurant is not worth a visit. The food quality was really bad, I cannot remember eating a worse Pizza that the one I had. Next to that, it was overpriced. A Pizza Prosciutto costs 13€ as far as I remember and a 2dl drink 3€. After telling the waiter that the food was not good (he didn't even ask - maybe he was expecting that?), he just walked away. No excuse, nothing. My recommendation: Eat somewhere else. There are many nice restaurants in Berlin.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank KapzLock

• Polish first
Grenoble, France
“OK..”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

First time in Berlin, had my first Berliner Currywurst at Oscar & Co.
It was OK.
Nice to eat outside at the beginning of June.
But it won"t be the greatest dinner of my life though.

• Visited June 2014
Soenderborg, Denmark
“Tourist Trap !!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I very rarely review restaurants, only when they are really good, or in this case just bad.

We where 5 friends and a baby in Berlin, and we unfortunatly decided to eat here. Three of us had Pizza, they looked really nice, and had they not been burned at the edges and raw in the middle, they would actually have been nice.

My wife had pasta, which was undercooked, even our 18 month old Daughter who loves pasta refused to eat any of it.

The 5th of us had a Steak, which first of all was tiny, and second had been overdone.

While the cola and wine we had where ok, the 3 men had a Beer called Alster, it tasted like the water had been taken out of the stale lake the has the same name, horrible.

To top it all off, it was quite hard to get in contact with a waiter outside, where we where seated, as they all kept inside close to a tv, where they could follow the soccer game on tv (Pokal Finale).

This meal was eaten on my 10th trip to Berlin, and it easy qualifices as the worst one yet.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Jan_Bruns
Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had lunch here on our last day in Berlin and the pizza here was huge! Lots of flavour and topping, but perhaps even a bit too much topping – I had to ditch some of it. The service we received was mixed however. The waitress was incredibly rude and barely gave us the time of day, however her colleague was very nice. I wouldn't rush back as you can get good pizza almost anywhere – nothing set this place apart,

• Visited May 2014
New York
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This "Italian" restaurant and cafe is fine for people-watching but the pizza isn't authentic or particularly good.

Visited April 2014