“Not impressed”

Ranked #1,438 of 9,127 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went there with a group of 15 or so. As it was summer we were sitting outside. The service was quite slow and somewhat abrupt, the waitress did seem to understand English and we ordered our drinks with some small glitches only. (part of our group spoke German, so it was rectified quickly)
I ordered tuna and asked the waitress to make sure that it is not well done -- ie red in the middle.
After waiting for a while -- fair enough, most of the guys ordered stakes, I finally received my tuna, which was completely well done... I was upset, pointed it out to the waitress, she grunted something and took it away. In a while I received the second attempt, which was fine. The tuna was nice and not over-done, but the garnish left a lot to be desired -- cherries with pepper went quite well with the fish, but added tomatoes and potatoes (seemed like just a fried starchy mass) were very much out of place on that plate.
All in all -- food is not spectacular, service is even less so -- would not visit again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Upstairs is the steak restaurant; downstairs is the tapas. The food and ambience upstairs is excellent: the Argentinian steak in particular is superbly soft and flavorsome. The house wines are wonderful and very good value. Service, as elsewhere in Berlin, is off-hand and slow, so not a restaurant if you're in a hurry. Suggest a table in the central area upstairs: softly lit; colourful and with gorgeous high ceilings.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went with my wife to this restaurant. At first we were seated outside but asked to be moved inside since there was a lot of noise going on next door because of a soundcheck. There was no problem moving us. We had three courses and everything was so great. I had a big beef steak and this was the best I ever had. The wine was excellent. the noght was perfect. one thing I want to mention. the waiter was terribly busy and he was almost running back and forth but he always took time to pour wine in our glasses. The restaurant did not seem to ne very busy but having an outside terrace and an upper floor it might not have been visible to us. I highly recommend this restaurant for romantic dinner.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Nice decor and welcoming staff. Salad starter and main course piella was excellent. Worth a visit sometime.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

It seemed like it was heated in the microwave, hard and disgusting, it could be possible to build another wall in Berlin with these tortillas.

The wine was good and not too expensive.