“Friendly service, well prepared meat dishes”
Review of Fleischerei

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed 14 March 2014

It was quite late in the evening of our arrival in Berlin when we bumped in to this restaurant. I’d say it was a pleasant surprise. First of all the service was very friendly and welcoming even though it was late and we had no reservation. As the restaurant is located in the old butcher shop we assumed meat would be their specialty. We (3 girls) shared two main courses (300g fillet and chicken) and two desserts. Portion sizes were rather huge so it was more than enough food for us. The highlight of the dinner was definitely the fillet which was cooked to perfection. The chicken was a bit too salty for our taste.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you are in Mitte or Prenzlauer Berg, there are just so many good one to choose from. This one has not disappointed us.
As the name suggests its an old Butcher shop, atmosphere is accordingly if you dim the lights down..... The food and service was great. The seats could have done with a more comfortable cushion for my old bones but it did not detract from the evening.
Will defiantly come back when next in town.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I really like the look of Fleischerei. It's nicely designed and it pulls in a lively, well dressed, not rowdy, hipster or posh crowd. That's where it's positive aspects for me end. I've been a couple of times and the food is just ok. However, the prices are above average, service rushed and unpleasant, and the portion sizes below average. Unfortunately a cool design doesn't always mean a cool experience. Recommended if atmosphere is your top priority, but don't expect a great meal or reasonable check at the end of it.

1  Thank albertsquarebcn
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Very trendy place. Down to earth and great food and wine. Service was excellent. Good place to go for a relaxed evening with friends

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I went to Fleischerei with my husband, who has wanted to go or a long time. The ambience was lovely. The contrast of chandeliers against simple tables and benches was very nice. The flowers and decor are also amazing.

The service was also fairly good and fast. We shared the beef tartare appetizer. It was good, but I've had better in Berlin with bigger portions (KaDeWe, Galeries LaFayette, etc.) As an entree, I got the filet with sweet potato fries and a salad. Everything was good, but the portions were a bit small for the €28 price. I think I got five fries. My salad was mainly field greens with maybe five slices of red and yellow pepper. The Bernaise sauce that came with my filet was the only thing I had more than enough of. It wasn't that the food wasn't good. It was very good. It just wasn't a great value.

My husband got a plate that consisted of two strips of beef served on arugula and pieces of bread with aioli. Priced at €13, a much better deal.

I think that in the end, I've had better meat in Berlin. This is a really cool place though, worth trying. Just have a snack before you go... Or just go for a drink.