“Very Clean and Central”

L72 Appartement
L72 Appartement
Ranked #266 of 358 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The apartment was VERY clean. Everything was newly furnished. There was no A/C, but it wasn't too hot when I was there, so it wasn't a problem at all.

The lady was a bit too dominant, made me sign a paper in German which I didn't speak, and said it was the contract. But I think a translation would be more polite and legal. The guy didn't speak or show any enthusiasm at all, so I felt a bit unwanted with every attempt of NECESSARY communication we had.

If I didn't have to get in touch with the staff, I would stay there again without hesitation. But still, the price was very reasonable, and the comfort was brilliant!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2013

While the location is great, good hood with lots to do, this place is a rip-off. I was there a few days ago and I wouldn't recommend this place with anyone with common sense. The reasons are:

- There is a russian dude who is running this place, who can barely speak either english or russian, which makes it obviously impossible to get anything done. I'm not sure he understands what service means. That's a shame, it comes-in quite handy when you run a service apartment.
- No soap or gel or shampoo available in the bathroom, which is quite an interesting approach.
- No AC in the room which makes it extremely unpleasant in summer
- Got kicked-out on check-out date by a rude and loud blond lady, with no negociation possible.
- Payment in advance only
- Missing all the basics of hotels: note-pads, pencils, hair-dryer, phone to communicate within rooms, etc...
- Over-priced for Berlin
- Check the dust under the best, nasty, no one cleaned there since summer 96.
- No amenities of course.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Camille d
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with a friend. The room was nicely decorated and clean and the kitchen was well stocked. The location was fantastic, you are a couple of metro stops from all the major sites and there are lots of really lovely bars and restaurants in the vicinity of the apartment.

We had a room with a double bed and sofa bed and there was no bedding for the sofa bed which was a bit annoying because reception was closed by the time we realised. The sofa bed itself was really uncomfortable and I had to put two duvets underneath me. It was very hot when we stayed so we had to have the windows open but we were on the street side of the building and there was so much noise from cars / people / trains going by. I had an ear infection so with drops in one ear and my other ear buried into the pillow I was ok but my friend found it quite annoying and I just don't think you should have to use ear medicine to get a good nights sleep!

Overall the apartments are ok and they are good value, with some air-conditioning and a decent sofa bed they would be excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here by myself for a couple of days at the end of my trip. The apartment was just the right size for two maybe three people. The updates looked very nice and it was a comfortable place to stay in. I loved having a wash machine as I prefer not to wear the same clothes more than three times without washing them. Until that point I was washing by hand in hotel sinks. A couple of issues I ran into. It was very hard to find as there was no sign noting it's existence. You literally needed the address to find it. The internet was horrendous. Yes I am one of those that needs internet so I can keep in touch with family. Occasionaly I hit the right spot and was able to send some messages. Someone below me was smoking the good stuff and I could smell it everytime I opened the door. By the second night a very loud group of partiers moved in below and next to me. They would shout until about 2 am. Lucky for me I brought a fan which drowned them out. Other than that the staff was very nice, the location was great, and the aparment was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Great modern Apartments, clean, comfortable, with everything you need! A very good staff too! The position of the apartments is fantastic because the nearest metro "Rosenthaler Plaza" is at 100 mt. The only negative thing is the internet connection. You can't use it if you stay at the upper floors. You can catch it only at ground floor!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

This apartment was big, clean and comfortable. It is hidden behind a big metal gate which was great for security but also made it a bit hard to find as they have no big signs with the name of the place on it. The guy who met us was very friendly and he offered to take my bag which was nice until I relished we had to climb 10 flights of stairs to get to our apartment. He did inform me that they wi be putting in an elevator though so that will improve the place. The apartment had most things in it that you would need. The bed was very comfy and so was the living area. The massive downfall though was that they advertised interment throughout the whole building which is untrue you can only get it in the reception area. Overall though the place was good near to train station so you can get anywhere easily. Also walking distance to attractions. I would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank CiaraKendall
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with a few friends, the staff where excellent, gave us extra keys and info on which clubs to go to also where some good places to eat. Great late checkout options and the apartment was clean tidy and exactly what we needed. I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 guys and it was plenty big enough. Would highly recommend for small family or group of people.

• Stayed: September 2012