Estrel Berlin
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$197
US$144
US$108
US$100
1,311 results
All reviewslargest hotelconvention centerlarge conferencegreat conferencelarge hotelattended a conferenceconference facilitieschoice of restaurantss bahn stationbusiness trippublic transportchecking inthe room was nicetegel airportmini barstandard roomatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Do not stay here if you do not need to be here for a conference.. atmosphere is not really attuned to holiday.
Conference settings are reasonable, conference staff OK, tables a bit clumsy / old fashioned with White linen... not practical, chairs not really suitable for conference purposes. Screens OK.
The Hotel room is rather mixed. Yes, it is clean, the bathroon is fine, even the bath is decent. Good matress. Pillows extremely lousy, but after a sleepless night I requested housekeeping for another pillow that wat great. Toiletries are ridiculous: only a nail file and foul smelling liquid Soap. No safe. (!!!) and: No English language channels, only German, unless one pays for Sky. Supposedly there is CNN and BBC World, but those were not working at least when I was there.
Breakfast is expensive, but not bad. Great coffee machine, good tea, this being Germany good bread, muesli. No fresh Juice. And a rarity these days: sufficient and professional breakfast staff.
When you have to work in your room during the day, you are all the time bothered by staff trying to enter: housecleaning, housecleaning again, checking if housecleaning did their Job, refill for Minibar, and another unspecified intrusion. And this without a safe in the room...
Reasonable desk to work from.
The worst thing for me was the noise on Monday evening, till exactly 24:00 there was very loud Music in the main Lobby where the Restaurants are; my room was just above that, and they opened a window in the roof just below my hotel room window, so I was in the middle of it.
WiFi way too slow!!

Overall a mixed experience. Not bad at all, but too many negatives.

Room Tip: Definitely NOT room 20405! Loads of noise going on till 24:00 from the lobby downstairs, like you are in the middle of it, and hideous view.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I really like Neukölln and the surrounding area so for me the far-out location was not an issue. I also got a rather nice and large room with a bathtub, which I was very happy about. The overall service did not meet my expectations though, neither did the wi-fi nor the level of comfort of the bed.

Room Tip: Wing 4, 12th floor, room facing east: not too bad a view, except for the building site that was just outside, but other than that it had a good feeling!
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is very large, modern and light and has a lot to offer in terms of restaurants, activities, conference facilities etc.
My room size was incredibly generous and modern, the bed was very comfortable and a good view over Berlin and the price was extremely reasonable. I really liked the room and it was a really comfortable stay.
The breakfast was very good and had a good variety on offer. The staff (check in and out) were pleasant.

However the location is not so ideal. There is an S-Bahn line about a 5 minute walk away but as a non-local I always find it hard to find my way to the best tourist sites and locations etc using just public transport. I like to walk my way around and with the location of the Estrel it is not possible to walk into Berlin city centre.
There are very few restaurants available near by and I opted for a supermarket food instead. I also did not feel safe walking around the local area.
Currently there is building work around the hotel so it is not so appealing to look out over the diggers and dirt etc.

With regards to the hotel itself (other than location) the ONLY thing that let it down was that the maid service comes around the rooms at 8:30 am. If you are not up by then you are in for a rude awakening. I was woken up BOTH days by the maid service, even though there was a 'do not disturb on my door' and as the doors are not so sound proof they continued to keep me awake by talking really loudly and banging around in the corridors.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Big conference hotel set a long way from anywhere. Service was excellent compared with Dresden hotels. Always a smile and very efficient. Food in the restaurants was also very good - the Asian and Stube excellent value. However - I had a huge 'Deluxe' room which featured a very hard bed, poor shelving space and only a liquid soap dispenser in the bathroom.
Escaping at the end of the conference was a joke being unable to exit the entrance with cabs unable to squeeze past without running over your toes. €40 from Tegel and €26 from Shoenefeld airports by taxi.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good. Some a little way from the reception.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed for two nights for a technical conference.
There does not seem to many restaurants etc close-by, but there is a station & bus routes nearby to get into the city centre very easily. There always seemed to taxis waiting outside the main entrance.
Check-in & check-out were very quick & efficient.
The hotel room and bathroom were very good size and quite well equipped. Free wi-fi worked OK, if a bit slow.
I declined the breakfast at Euro18, but I did have a beer in the bar - which was quite lively but waiter service was excellent.
Overall, a pretty good business hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business