“Definitely recommend it!”

Hotel Am Schloss Koepenick Berlin by Golden Tulip
Ranked #313 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband & I stayed here with our 2year old daughter. We brought in the New Years here & we had absolutely no complaints. Front desk & staff were amazingly helpful with everything! Rooms were awesome & very spacious. The had a lot of parking available & for a very good price as well. They have a lot of little stores within walking distance. Bus & train station literally right around the corner. We were able to have a cot in the room for our daughter. They also have a mini fridge in their rooms. Not many hotels around Germany offer or even have refrigerators available in the rooms. I would definitely recommend everyone to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel is very good, reasonable price. Excellent breakfast and very polite staff. Quiet place near river. The hotel is not close to downtown. But public transport in Berlin works well and it is easily get to the city center. You can also ask help from the locals. Most of Berliners speak English, polite and are ready to help.
From the train Central station (Berlin Hauptbanhof) you can take the suburban train (S-bahn) S75 (direction Wartenberg) to the stop "Ostkreus", then change over to suburban train S3 (direction Erkner) to the stop "Koepenick". Then take tram 68 (direction Ah-Schrmockwitz) up to the stop "Kollinisher Platz". Then go to the left side of the street and a bit to go straight.
Please, take in account, it is public transport zone B (not C). You have to use 1 public transport ticket, it is valid for all types of public transport during 2 hours.
Have a wonderful holiday, I hope you're happy, just as I am.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Moscowtravel
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Köpenick, originally an old town on the outskirts of the Capital which it today forms part of, is somewhere in between Schönefeld airport and Berlin proper. I ended by here new year 2014 due to the fact that no other rooms more centrally located were available on this particular date. All in all, the experience was good. Ample rooms and decent quality. Acceptable prices. One can walk Köpenick itself, including, the Old Town, in about a hour or so. The old castle is located right across the river. My room had a great view. Recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I were pleasantly surprised with this hotel, it was clean affordable and the service was great. The only thing we did not like was the restaurant the waitress was rude andit was not a kid friendly place, this is and iinconvenience for families with children. Now regardless the bad experience in the restaurant we enjoy the stay in hotel, parking and free Wi-Fi this is rare in Germany. I recommend this place is in a great area and is extremely clean and affordable.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank maryjaysmith29
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Location is very convenient. On Arrival we were placed into a smokers room despite a different confirmation. Second room was extremely smelling of some Kind of chemical. We had to change at 23.45 h. Breakfast Not adäquate for a 4 Star Hotel. F e the Fruit not really fresh, coffee bitter and strong, rolls soft.

Room Tip: Seaside view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank uli9876
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western in Schloss, Berlin. When I arrived, I was greeted with a warm welcome, and dealt with efficiently.

The room I was given, was a large room, with plenty of space, although I requested a room with a view onto the river, and did not get (This was the fault of Hotels.com)... The room, and the whole hotel to be honest, could do with a spruce up, everything seemed bedraggled, as if it had seen better days. The walls in my room were in serious need of a good paint, and new chairs.

Although the room was dated, and needed freshining up, it was very clean, and as I stayed for 2 nights, it was good to see that the maids cleaned on a daily basis, with fresh towels if you required.

The staff were lovely, and spoke very good English (a lot better than my German). I'm only scoring this hotel average, due to how dated it is, and not at all to do with the staff. They were very friendly, and attentive!

I dined in the Amarillo restaurant, which was part of the hotel. The restaurant, was nicely decorated, and friendly. The waitress was lovely, and worked very hard. The food was excellent, and very reasonably priced, albeit the menu was limited.

The breakfast was buffet style, with a very good selection, and you could help yourself as many times as you wanted.

All in all, I was only staying 2 nights for a business trip. If I had been staying with my husband, or my girlfriends, I would have chosen the nearby Penta Hotel. However, the Best Western was comfortable, and provided everything I needed for a no frills busniess trip.

I would stay here again, as it was close to local amenities, and just a short walk away to bars, restaurants, Patisseries and local shops. This hotel is situated along the Riverside, and it was lovely to sit outside watching the world go by.

Room Tip: Request a room with the view of the riverside, it's really pretty.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The lady at the reception desk was friendly, but not really interested. The room was very small and had no AC. The bathrrom was smelly and really tiny. The tiles had started gping mouldy. There is only liquid soap in the bathrrom, no shampoo or any other bathroom amenities. While checking out I saw that you can ask for some free things (bathroom amenities) at the reception desk. But there was no hint given by the receptionist when checking in.
In the smoking lounge the wall paper comes off and the ashtrays are emptied but not cleaned in the morning.
Breakfast offered quite a choice of different things, but was presented carelessly. Assorted cheese was heaped on a small plate and looked gross. A pot of coffee stood on the table.
Service was hardly to be seen. The lady only collected the breakfast vouchers.
I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo