“Comfortable”

Leonardo Hotel Berlin City West
Ranked #226 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was one of the cleanest hotels around. Though our stay was short, we were made to feel at home with the very friendly staff. Breakfast was excellent and the surroundings conducive to whatever you would love to do.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Hotel Berlin City West

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Leonardo over Easter this year. We checked in about 10 am and the room was ready ( nice surprise ) nice and clean, just what we wanted. We dumped our bags and walked back to the U-Bahn station just around the corner, all of a two minute walk !! Ideal for the city, a couple of stops to Zoologischer Garten then regional to wherever you want. Hauptbanhof is like something out of Star Wars.
Receptionist was very pleasant and helpful, breakfast was good with plenty on offer if you needed it. We were out early and came back late so it was just sleep, shower and breakfast.
Would recommend this hotel as a great centre for sightseeing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was staying with my family in this hotel from the 10th to the 14th of April. I only have good words for this hotel. Price is reasonable. It is located very close to the underground train station through which trains run very often and in few minutes you can reach the main sights of the city. Train tickets can be bought at the counter of the hotel.
The hotel is very clean and quiet. Breakfast quite good. The staff very friendly and helpful.
Definitely would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Leonardo Berlin West from Sunday 6th April until Thursday 10th April,and found it to be of a High Quality. I had read the Three most recent reviews before our trip,so it was with some trepidation we checked into the hotel.
I don't know what standards these other reviewers work to,but we were pleasantly surprised.
The room we had (501) was of a very good standard,and was clean in every aspect.
Breakfast was of a high standard,and even although there was a School Party staying at the same time who were clearing the Breakfast items of food,these items were QUICKLY Replaced by the pleasant Hotel Waiting Staff.At no time was there a shortage of breakfast items.
With regards to Smoking there was an area outside the hotel door for anyone,and there was a Prominent Sign saying that anyone who DID Smoke in their room would have a 75 Euro charge applied.
Neither my wife or myself smelt any trace of smoking during our stay at the Leonardo West.
I would recommend it to my friends,and would be happy to return at a future date.
The hotel is very handy for transport links to and from both the Airport & Berlin City Centre,as the local U-Bahn Station (Gunzelstrasse) is about 70metres away,and has a frequent service into Berlins main sights-Brandenburg Gate,Reichstag,Tiergarten,Kurfurstendamm etc.
Transport is cheap-we bought a daily ticket for unlimited travel on Trains,Underground,Trolley buses and Buses for 7.20 Euros.
Altogother I cannot fault this hotel for Quality,Staff Attention,Cleanliness and Excellent Value.

Room Tip: Rooms at side of hotel would be quieter,although our room 501 was very quiet,so I don think it would...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erskine129
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel recently changed its name form a Best Western to a Leonardo Hotel. Got a comfortable bed. Lady at reception was nice but basically used the room to crash. Despite a no smoking sign on the door the room reeked of cigarette smoke. No wonder, there is a cigarette machine in their vending room. I had to keep the window open for two hours and still couldn’t get the smell out. Not close to anything. Would not stay again.

1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Me and 4 of my friends stayed there during the ITB. The surrounding area has nothing but some restaurants in walking distance, so you either take a taxi or subway to go to the center.The hotel was ridiculously overpriced due to the exhibition, while the rooms are so small with no mini-bar, just a vending machine at the corridor.Some of us had booked superior rooms, which to our surprise are exactly like the comfort ones with the difference that the superior face the parking space which is considered quieter, while the hotel is not facing a busy road.The hotel also advertises the superior with more sophisticated decoration, while we got what they advertised as comfort at the price of the superior.Reception could not deal with the issue and directed us to the sales department.Breakfast was poor and reception space very limited.Definitely not a 4* hotel.Would never stay again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I always stayed at the Leonardo Hotel Wilmesdorfer Street in Berlin, this time i got confused and booked the Leonardo Berlin West, I booked 3 rooms, one for me and 2 for my friends and 2 rooms in Leonardo Wilmesdorfer , every ITB i was very happy to stay at the Leonardo Wilmesdorfer street, Leonardo Berlin West is very badly located, bad breakfast, not worth the money paid, small rooms, the only thing positive that hotel is very clean, I asked the receptionist whether I could move 2 rooms the last 2 nights to the Leonardo Wilmesdorfer street, she called the hotel, they told her they have vacancy but simply i have to pay full amount again. I told her thank you. Me and my friends decided for next ITB not to stay at Leonardo hotels. Next time we will count till 10 before we made such a decision.

forget to tell you that on our way to the bed rooms, the hotel had a meeting event in the coridor, to our bed rooms, they left the table in middle of the way during our wholsaty.

Remind you that the free internet at the Leonardo West Berlin doesnot compensate for the very poor breakfast and the location !! for half the price you could stay in much better hotels.

2  Thank Habab91