We spent 7 nights in the Grand Hyatt. It provided a very well-located base for our business and leisure activities. It is near shopping (including 2 grocery stores in the nearby Arkade) and transportation. Since we are walkers, we found it easy to walk to the Zoo, the Checkpoint Charlie/Mauermuseum area, and to restaurants.
The hotel is beautiful and comfortable. The penthouse pool area is amazing--what a place to relax, unwind, and see sunset after a long day!
Since we are Platinum members, wifi was free--agree with other reviewers that the practice of luxury hotels charging for this is absurd and objectionable! However, we were not offered a newspaper, very unusual for a Hyatt. We did see them hanging on others' doors...perhaps there are only German-language papers on offer?
The room was comfortable, with a very firm bed. The minbar had room for some milk and juice of our won. The bath was well-appointed.
A few quibbles:
(1) Housekeeping was very erratic. Depending on who cleaned the room, one may or may not get hand towels, an extra roll of toilet paper, more instant coffee. It is IMPORTANT to turn the green light on when you leave for the day or you may return and find no one made up your room.
(2) What's with the soap?!?! The bath/shower area and sink are far apart. When we arrived there was one bar of soap. In most places, it is usual for there to be a bar for the sink and a bar for the tub/shower, assuming one does wash one's hands with soap after using the toilet, etc.
The one bar was never added to or replaced for 7 days. We bought our own soap and used that in the shower. I stgrongly suggest Hyatt provide 2 bars of soap. (Sure we could have asked, but it was simpler to just buy our own, after a very confusing set of communications with housekeeping the first day.)
Customer service ion the lobby--concierge, desk staff--was excellent.
Vox was great for breakfast and very nice fo our first dinner.
The lobby bar was not a good experience for me (a middle-aged woman). I went for a drink by myself after a day of sight seeing and it took a long time to be served...when I placed my order, the waiter then served others, chatted with a colleague, before bringing me a beer. Perhaps they do not care for women in the bar. All the otehr partron were men or male-female groups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Innovative design, clean-cut lines, first-class natural materials and contemporary art are characteristical for Grand Hyatt Berlin located at Berlin Mitte, close to Potsdamer Platz, Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag. The 342 luxurious guestrooms and suites are equipped with B&O flat screen TVs and Wi-Fi. Grand Hyatt Berlin features restaurants Vox, Tizian and mesa, Vox Bar and Club Olympus Spa & Fitness on the rooftop which offers a large pool, cutting-edge fitness equipment, a sauna and Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Berlin Hotel Berlin
- Berlin Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Berlin
- Berlin Hyatt