“Excelent location”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #22 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Next to the east/west Germany divide. Excellent location to discover Berlin, very close to the subway. Very luxurious rooms, excellent service. We had dinner at the VOX restaurant. The food was good nothing extraordinary, typical 5star hotel pricing. Spa on top floor was great at the end of the day.

I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you for taken the time share your experience from your last stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. In particular, thank you for your very positive comments. We have also taken note of your other comments relating to the food quality in Vox Restaurant. Please be assured that we will review the area to assess what improvements we can make in the future.

We are all pleased to learn that you intend to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Berlin

Reviewed 9 February 2013

We picked the Hyatt because of the walking distance to the Concert Hall. We got a fair rate also! First the bell service did an amazing job, because we entered the room and he asked us if we are smokers, because HE smelled it. He went down to get us a new room, he checked the room before and he organized an upgrade. TOP Service !!! The room was excellent, great shower nice TV, well furnished and big too. All people in the hotel very friendly, always a smile on the face. Later after the concert we went to the bar VOX, life music, excellent Bar-Service, perfect Gin and later the best Curry wurst!. We left at 2 am ! Breakfast on Sunday to 2 pm available, perfect service big choices fresh eggs in any stile ... Just perfect we staid close to two hours! Thanks for the perfect stay 5 points and we come back !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank_and_Barbara

Dear TripAdvisor User,

It is with great pleasure that I have read your compliments about the quality of attention and service you and your husband received from our team during your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to let me know about your experiences with us, and, of course, I have passed on your favorable report to my colleagues.

Your kind words of appreciation are what motivates our team to continue providing outstanding service and personal attention to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you to Grand Hyatt Berlin!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

The Grand Hyatt Berlin is a beautifully designed property with a wonderful art collection, centrally located in Potsdamer Platz, and within easy walking distance of some of the most interesting sites in Berlin. The club floor has excellent food and service. The city view from the pool and spa is beautiful, particularly at night. The staff is very helpful from the bellman to the concierge. The rooms are lovely and inventively functional, from the remote-controlled shades to the beautiful heated grey marble bathroom floor! One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in-highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to tell us about your favourable experiences as a guest in our hotel. I very much appreciated your nice comments on our comprehensive art collection, the quality of our service and food, and on our spa and Grand Club.

You can be sure that I have informed my colleagues of your kind words as well. These words are what motivate our team to continue providing outstanding service and personal attention to our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the world, first off - the friendly check-in, amazing service from doorman, bellhop, Grand Executive Club lounge + room service make this a pure pleasure every time I stay there. This hotel should be a Park Hyatt due to its customer service, modern lobby design, impeccable rooms, and incredible breakfasts down at Vox. I splurged and paid a bit extra to upgrade to the Maybach Suite, and was it ever worth it -- everyone needs a piano in their room at least once in their life! I'll be back. :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your extremely positive feedback. We are honoured that you have chosen Grand Hyatt Berlin as your favourite spot.

With great pleasure, I have read your kind words of appreciation regarding the friendliness of our staff, the features of our luxurious rooms and our delightful breakfast. I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experiences. I have passed on your favourable report to my colleagues. Every day, we work on providing the best service imaginable to our guests and we are happy that we could meet your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you at Grand Hyatt Berlin again in the very near future!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Good location right next to Postdamer Platz, "Arkaden" shopping mall right across the street : huge and definitely a must do :)
Not too far from Branderburger Tor.

The Front Desk staff was particularly helpful and friendly. Housekeeping staff very efficient and smiling even when we had them come back to the room about 3 times to bring extra conditioner, shampoo... :)
The Concierge who was present during the weekend seemed careless about what we were asking and seemed to think he was too good to answer with a smile.
Great swimming pool and jacuzzi, breakfast is really worth trying, especially on sundays when it's on until 2pm, that's a great idea other hotels should look into.
The room is practical, bathroom floor is heated, huge bed, lot of light, loved the shower and the bathtub.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences on your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

Your kind words of appreciation will be passed on to my colleagues, who work daily on maintaining a level of excellent service and exceeding guest expectations. I am especially happy to read that our wonderful spa area met your expectations.

I will also consider your remark regarding the service of our concierge, I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Wonderful location in Potsdamer Platz in Berlin. Close access to everything. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurants as we ate with friends who lived around the block. They did warn us though of the 20 Euro martini at the Hyatt. The shower in the room was amazing. Heated marble shower floor. Heated mirror in shower. The shower was so nice, I didn't realize I had even walked into it as I thought I walked into the room with the tub. Nice large towels. Great electronics for lowering the blinds, dimming the lights, etc. Pillows were a bit too soft for me. I found the room too warm for sleeping and the dial on the wall was not inherent to know what was UP vs DOWN in the dark at 2am.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences about your last stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our centrally-located hotel. Your comfort and well-being in a luxurious environment is our highest concern and we are pleased that we could meet your expectations.

If we have the pleasure of welcoming you again, I would like to recommend our unique spa area with excellent treatments, which is located on the top floor and offers spectacular views of the city. Also, the sushi creations at our Vox restaurant are definitely worth trying.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

Best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Great central location, 5/6 mins from the tube station. Lots of very trendy resturants nearby, a 2 min walk. You are also next door to a big cinema complex. The service throughout our stay was excellent. Breakfast was particularly good, served until the afternoon at weekends. The waiters at breakfast were brill remembering how I liked my coffee etc... I will only ever stay in this hotel, simply fab!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your extremely positive feedback regarding your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

It was with the greatest pleasure that I read your kind words, in particular about our service. We are happy that we could meet your expectations and I will pass on your compliments to my colleagues because your words will motivate them even more.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,