“Best Value in Grand Hyatt Franchise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #14 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
London, United Kingdom
“Best Value in Grand Hyatt Franchise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I believe this is the best within the Grand Hyatt Franchise. Such excellent modern ambience and furniture layout. Perfect location to any restaurant and SONY centre where I visited for work. Very attentive and welcoming service throughout the hotel. Sauna and gym facility are very well maintained and equipped. Hmmm.. Sauna had all the charms and needs for the guests with balcony, however no wifi access in the gym and sanua areas (weak signal). The lounge was well decorated with great ambience and food/beverage selection was over the top. Will definitely come back and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very kind words.

I am pleased to read that you fully enjoyed staying at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am also happy that our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness could meet your expectations. Hopefully you were able to relax after a stressful working day trying one of our signature treatments at Club Olympus.

Be assured that I read your remark concerning the reception of Wi-Fi at Club Olympus. We are already working on improving our Wi-Fi network.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Kind regards from Berlin,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copake, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

All the standard amenities of a Hyatt in a very good location. There are some lovely restaurants in the area, and a lot of chains in the nearby mall and SONY center. Close to mass transit and the symphony, but there is little charm in what is mostly a business section of town. We arrived late and received a warm welcome at the desk. Dinner in one of the two restaurants was from a limited menu and not outstanding with service that was incredibly slow given the small number of tables that were occupied at a late hour. The room was very comfortable except for a crazy lighting system that we never quite figured out (I'm still not sure if you can use the bathroom in the middle of the night without flooding the bedroom in light).
Worst part was the maid service. Our second day we came back in the early afternoon to found the room not cleaned. OK, we passed on it as we hadn't been in it for vey long. Second day, the same thing and we complained to the maid who said she would take care of it. When she didn't show, I asked her again and she told me that she was off at 4 o'clock. We went to the front desk, and although it took an hour, they finally got to it. The people at the desk were very nice--- as they were about everything-- and even comped us the meal from the night before; but neither the maids, nor the guy with the clipboard who kept scurrying away when he saw us seemed to have a clue. It was a first class hotel, at second class prices (except for the Wi-Fi a bargain in Berlin), with third world service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ned s
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel.

I read your remarks about the service in our hotel with great attention. Please rest assured that they will be taken seriously. My team and I are going to analyse the processes to further improve our service quality.

For your next stay, may I recommend a Zen shiatsu massage at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness, where you are able to enjoy a spectacular view overlooking the rooftops of Berlin while experiencing pure relaxation.

I hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin, so that we can prove to you that our hotel is able to live up to your expectations.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Berlin for two nights. The hotel was very modern and contemporary in design, and like the title says, it felt more like a Park Hyatt ... and that is a fantastic thing. The Regency Lounge was also wonderful for breakfast and evening drinks. I wouldn't change a thing about this hotel!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stef B
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our modern hotel and its design. If you would like to get further information about our design during your next stay, I recommend downloading our Q&A about the hotel art collection in each of our rooms.

I was also pleased to read that you felt more than comfortable in our Regency Lounge.
Even though you stayed just two nights, I hope you had the opportunity to try our Vox restaurant with its authentic sushi. Our sushi experts – Kim, Kono, Oboshi and Yagami – are looking forward to spoiling you with delicious fresh products.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards from Berlin,
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My family of four (two kids ages 10 and 13) stayed at the Hyatt for two nights in July. There are definite pros and cons to the hotel.

Pros - it's a Hyatt, so you know what you will get. Modern, corporate, clean. The rooms were very dark and quiet, allowing for a solid night's sleep. The beds were comfy and included duvets. The price was an excellent value for Berlin (our main reason for choosing the Hyatt), and the hotel is within walking distance to the Brandenberg Gate, Holocaust Memorial and the Bundestag.

Cons - only 30 minutes per day of free wifi, which had spotty service. On our three-week trip across Europe, this was the stingiest wifi policy we experienced!

The decor is very modern and feels "masculine" - hard edges, dark fabrics, dark wood, lots of glass. It also has an overly complicated lighting system in the room.

The staff was professional, but cold and impersonal. All business, no warmth!

If we return to Berlin, we would look for a hotel with more local character (less corporate) in a more interesting neighborhood with cafes and shops. The neighborhoods surrounding the Hyatt are extremely corporate, boring and/or empty. The only life around the hotel is a small street of chain restaurants and a large outdoor mall complex. The Hyatt felt like I could have been anywhere in the world because it was that non-descript. If you like the consistency and security of that, however, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ABCnyc
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel so comprehensively.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our modern rooms.

Of course, I also read your remark regarding our staff. Please rest assured that I take your comments very seriously. We place great value on our warm and individual service, as our guests satisfaction is our highest concern. I am very sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

I can happily inform you, that we are just about to redesign our hotel. We are working together with lightning designers to develop a more user-friendly concept.

May I recommend our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per day and a daily newspaper for your next stay with us.

Key Largo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Generally a nice hotel with excellent gym and roof sun deck ( if the weather is good). Spa is nicely put together along with the pool. Centrally located near touristy stuff. Hotel offer good service. Good to go.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am pleased that our hotel met your expectations. It was a pleasure to read that you especially enjoyed our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness with its terrace. If you have not already tried one of our signature treatments at Club Olympus, I highly recommend it for your next stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I thought this would be a functional hotel, but it was really quite lovely. Beautiful modern art in the lobby and rooms, really nice restaurants, nice rooms -- spacious, modern, comfortable -- the bathroom was gorgeous. The location is great and the service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am happy to read that you had an excellent stay at our hotel. We pay great attention to the highest modern standards and comfort, therefore your words of appreciation are a great compliment to us.

For your next visit I may recommend our Hyatt Berlin Art Guide, which provides you with useful information regarding current art galleries and exhibitions. You are also able to download a Q&A about the hotel art collection in each of our rooms.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed 4 night in Grand HYATT Berlin for the second time and had a pleasant surprise all over again. Starting with a front desk all personal is amazing and very helpful. I have been greeted personally by Lasha from the HR, which was a nice personal touch to my visit. Front desk team and concierge were very helpful and assisted me with my reservations. The GYM and SPA facilities are really nice. The GYM is well organized, the pool and Jacuzzi provide really nice and healthy way to relax. The hotel is nicely located; it is 15 min walk distance from Brandenburg Tor, shopping . Over all I had wonderful time in the hotel and will definitely go back there when I visit Berlin next time. Thanks again to all Grand HYATT Berlin team for an amazing vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eurolat
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very kind words.

I am happy to read that you also enjoyed your second stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.
You praising our service, especially the personal touch, is a great compliment. We are glad to have you as a returning guest.

I hope you had the opportunity to try one of our signature treatments at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness after taking a swim in our pool.
I assure you that your next stay will be beyond expectations again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin again soon.