“Five-star quality in every way”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #21 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Five-star quality in every way”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Despite being fully booked on the craziest night in Berlin (New Year's Eve), the Grand Hyatt welcomed us cordially with a friendly staff and an exquisite room. This is truly a five-star experience in every way, a hotel worth the extra money.

First, the location is excellent. We were able to walk easily to the Tiergarten, Brandenburg Gate, shopping in Friedrichstrasse, and several other attractions. Even Museum Island wasn't too far for us to walk, though some may find the distance (1.2 km?) a bit daunting.

But most importantly, the room was just incredible. I'm a frequent Hyatt customer, so I've seen some good hotels and some that need improvement. This Hyatt is at the top. It's the little things that make the difference. Heated marble bathroom floors; fog-free mirrors; thick, fluffy, absorbent towels; a sound system into which you can plug your MP3 player that pipes into the dressing area (Bang and Olufsen); bathrobes and slippers (of course); and high quality bed linens. The bath products by June Jacobs were a delightful change (and paraben free). I went online and ordered the body lotion after using it for a day. It was that good.

The decor is inspired by Germany's own Bauhaus movement, with prints and art and furniture either duplicated from the Bauhaus archives or replicating its style. Walking the hallways is an experience, not simply a means to an end.

The room and bathroom were both spotless, and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint was that my pillows were too soft, but that was entirely my fault as I had the opportunity to request other options but for some reason did not.

If you're driving, the hotel has valet parking. We parked our car and just left it during our stay, preferring instead to walk around Berlin. The concierge was extremely helpful with making dinner reservations and answering questions about museums (and entry procedures).

I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with our stay at the Grand Hyatt in Berlin. If you have an opportunity and a choice, give this hotel a try.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank elizarenn
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear elizarenn,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin so comprehensively.

It was a pleasure to read your words of appreciation. Being a frequent Hyatt customer, I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and fulfill your wishes.

Moreover I am happy that our design and art collection met your tastes. We would be pleased to guide you personally through our Grand Hyatt Berlin art collection the next time you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards from Berlin,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

When looking for a great hotel located in the perfect position in Berlin! You cant go past the Grand Hyatt Berlin, we abosolutely loved the rooms, the club access and couldnt fault anything. So many resturants within close walking distance, shopping and Checkpoint charlie and other great sightseeing points of interest all within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear belle2014,

Firstly thank you so much for ranking Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy to read that our hotel and the service provided fully met your expectations. Moreover I am glad that our central location suited your plans perfectly.

For your next stay may I recommend trying our Vox restaurant with its large, open show kitchen and its authentic sushi. It is an extraordinary taste experience and definitely worth trying when visiting Berlin.

We look forward to having you back again in the near future.

mevaseret zion, Israel
Reviewed 4 January 2014

the staff was very helpful and friendly. excellent and assorted breakfast with great service. excellent location: next to potsdamer plaza and Sony center. the room was comfortable and very clean. very nice interior. the only disappointment was an expensive internet using price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Yehezkel M,

Thank you for reviewing Grand Hyatt Berlin.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, especially the breakfast at Vox restaurant and our service. Be assured that I will share your positive feedback with my colleagues, as this is the best motivation for us.

Regarding your remark concerning the Internet, I am pleased to inform you that we now offer free basic Internet access with a maximum speed of 1.5 Mbit/sec throughout the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Grand Hyatt Berlin was a joy to stay at over the Christmas new year break. Arriving at the hotel by car, we were greeted warmly and our car was valet parked and our check in was quick and efficient. Miguel our front desk attendant was helpful and friendly and provided us with a room upgrade. One outstanding feature of this hotel was the friendly , efficient service with a smile.

Apart from the friendly staff and the well appointed rooms, the only comment would be the cost of internet service should you exceed the daily half an hour limit.Otherwise it has everything going for it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Brian W W,

Thank you so much for your very kind words about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

It was a pleasure to read your review. I will share your feedback with my team and especially with Miguel as your words of appreciation are the best motivation.

With great attention I have read your comment on our Wi-Fi. I can inform you that we are offering free basic Internet access throughout the entire hotel from 1 January 2014.

For your next stay I may recommend trying a signature massage at our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness with spectacular views overlooking Berlin.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When travelling to Berlin and eyeing a more exquisit hotel experience, don' t opt for this one but for another 5star hotel, especially if you are considering the club floor with business lounge; which you hope will turn out to be a calming and pampering environment. The cocktail hour turned out to be a major run-over, the breakfast experience was giving the incapability of the poor lounge staff away, who really tried hard but were seriously understaffed; for me it s simple: next time it s the Stue, hopefully my morning paper will arrive and the eggs turn out to be cooked at all...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear WereIdburgerin,

Thank you for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy staying at our Club Floor. I deeply apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Rest assured that I take your constructive feedback very seriously and that we will work on improving the services during that special period of the year.

Be assured that I will get in contact with you personally.

We hope to welcome you back again in our hotel.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This chic hotel makes the hearts of design aficionados and art lovers beat faster. The rooms are an elegant study in modern yet comfortable design and you find many pieces of original contemporary art throughout the hotel. My wife, a fine artist herself, even got a private tour by the hotel manager. Service is friendly, efficient, and professional. There is a small rooftop spa with great views over the city. And if you're a runner, Tiergarten with its many trails is just around the corner. The one slight caveat is that the hotel sits right on Potsdamer Platz, which is a pretty recent and artificial neighborhood. But then again, it's also very central and the more interesting quarters are merely 15 minutes away by metro or cab.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Andreas W,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am happy to read that our design, and especially our contemporary art collection, was to your and your wife’s liking. I hope you were also able to make use of the Hyatt Art Guide, which is provided in each of our rooms.

As you enjoyed jogging through Tiergarten Park, may I recommend that you have a look at our Hyatt jogging map the next time you visit. Our concierges will be happy to provide this and show you the best trails.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon.

Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is great. The location of the hotel is perfect, food great, room excellent. The only small thing I would change is the view from window (very close building). The restaurant for breakfast was great. Service was very nice. Overall great stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear just_a_guy_1234,

Thank you very much for your positive report on Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am happy to read that our 5-star hotel fully met your expectations and that you enjoyed the breakfast at our Vox restaurant.

For your next stay may I recommend going for a swim in our heated indoor pool at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness centre with its spectacular views overlooking the rooftops of Berlin.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.