“Truly a 5-star hotel!”

Ranked #21 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Truly a 5-star hotel!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Grand Hyatt Berlin lived up to every expectation! We ended up here almost by accident - I noticed that Kayak was running a special on the hotel, and Hyatt will honor any competitor's rate plus give an additional 20% discount, so we got the room over Christmas for about $100/night. We were upgraded to the executive floor with a great view of the Christmas market and skating rink in Marlene Dietrich Platz. The room itself was phenomenal - lots or space, great bathroom with heated floors, huge shower, and a very comfortable bed. The fitness/spa area is also excellent - huge infinity hot tub and wonderful views of the city. As for the location, it's superb. Walking distance to so many sites in the city, and Potsdamer Platz is a major transportation hub for any further spots in Berlin. We even liked this hotel better than the Park Hyatt in Zurich. We would absolutely return to this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krivokrasov
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Krivokrasov,

Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation on Grand Hyatt Berlin.

It is a pleasure to read that our spacious rooms and especially the bedding lived up to your expectations. I am also pleased that you experienced the great views from our executive floor overlooking the Christmas markets.

I hope that you found the time to walk around at the Christmas markets.

As you enjoyed our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness that much, may I recommend trying a relaxing signature massage the next time you are visiting.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in Berlin soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very good hotel value for money room rate, good location outstanding interior architecture excellent mesa restaurant very friendly staff. Must improve wifi charge and breakfast charge. There is not wifi free in looby

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomas S,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our interiors and the contemporary design of our hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you even had the chance to try our mesa restaurant with its traditional German cuisine.

I have also read your remarks concerning our Wi-Fi and can inform you that we offer free Internet access throughout the entire hotel from 1 January 2014 with a maximum speed of 1.5 Mbit/ sec.

We look forward to welcome you back again in our hotel in the near future.

Tokyo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Quality of service level of Grand Hyatt Hotel Berlin is down now. I have stayed there 4 times.( in 2000, 2006, 2008 and 2010). It was very elegant service then. But it is gone now. I will go to sofitel or RF when I visit in Berlin next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Syama
Dear Syama,

Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback on Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I apologise for the low service level you experienced. As the satisfaction of our guests is our highest concern, be assured that I take your comments very seriously.

For further improvements on our provided services, it would be of great value to get detailed information about the inconveniences caused to you. Therefore I will get in contact with you personally.

With warmest regards from Berlin,

Banchory
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Really great stay with terrific staff working hard to make everyone's stay first class. Well located to visit the key sites of Berlin. Meals very good and room excellent. Thoroughly recommended. Looking forward to going again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear BigBurro,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the New Year’s celebrations in Berlin and that my colleagues made your stay as comfortable as possible.

Moreover I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel as this is the best compliment there is.

For your next stay may I recommend trying our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness with its spectacular views overlooking the rooftops of Berlin.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Grand Hyatt Berlin soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and six friends stayed in this hotel for 2 nights to see the Christmas markets and wish we had stayed longer ! The hotel is excellent modern clean and the staff are fantastic. The rooms are large with fantastic bathrooms and lovely fluffy dressing gowns . The spa is a wonderful place to go after a day of walking round the city with a large pool jacuzzi steam room and sauna. The hotel is within walking distance of all the sites and I would return to this hotel again. Many thanks to all the hard working staff

• Stayed December 2013
Dear paget09,

Thank you very much for ranking Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am pleased to read that you and your husband as well as your six friends enjoyed staying for two nights in our hotel.

I am especially happy that you had the opportunity to relax in our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness. Our experts at Club Olympus are more than happy to spoil you with a hot stone massage, which is the perfect end to a day walking around the city.

I look forward to sharing your positive words with my team as this motivates them the most.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards from Berlin,

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Despite being fully booked on the craziest night in Berlin (New Year's Eve), the Grand Hyatt welcomed us cordially with a friendly staff and an exquisite room. This is truly a five-star experience in every way, a hotel worth the extra money.

First, the location is excellent. We were able to walk easily to the Tiergarten, Brandenburg Gate, shopping in Friedrichstrasse, and several other attractions. Even Museum Island wasn't too far for us to walk, though some may find the distance (1.2 km?) a bit daunting.

But most importantly, the room was just incredible. I'm a frequent Hyatt customer, so I've seen some good hotels and some that need improvement. This Hyatt is at the top. It's the little things that make the difference. Heated marble bathroom floors; fog-free mirrors; thick, fluffy, absorbent towels; a sound system into which you can plug your MP3 player that pipes into the dressing area (Bang and Olufsen); bathrobes and slippers (of course); and high quality bed linens. The bath products by June Jacobs were a delightful change (and paraben free). I went online and ordered the body lotion after using it for a day. It was that good.

The decor is inspired by Germany's own Bauhaus movement, with prints and art and furniture either duplicated from the Bauhaus archives or replicating its style. Walking the hallways is an experience, not simply a means to an end.

The room and bathroom were both spotless, and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint was that my pillows were too soft, but that was entirely my fault as I had the opportunity to request other options but for some reason did not.

If you're driving, the hotel has valet parking. We parked our car and just left it during our stay, preferring instead to walk around Berlin. The concierge was extremely helpful with making dinner reservations and answering questions about museums (and entry procedures).

I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with our stay at the Grand Hyatt in Berlin. If you have an opportunity and a choice, give this hotel a try.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank elizarenn
Dear elizarenn,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review Grand Hyatt Berlin so comprehensively.

It was a pleasure to read your words of appreciation. Being a frequent Hyatt customer, I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and fulfill your wishes.

Moreover I am happy that our design and art collection met your tastes. We would be pleased to guide you personally through our Grand Hyatt Berlin art collection the next time you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards from Berlin,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

When looking for a great hotel located in the perfect position in Berlin! You cant go past the Grand Hyatt Berlin, we abosolutely loved the rooms, the club access and couldnt fault anything. So many resturants within close walking distance, shopping and Checkpoint charlie and other great sightseeing points of interest all within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear belle2014,

Firstly thank you so much for ranking Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy to read that our hotel and the service provided fully met your expectations. Moreover I am glad that our central location suited your plans perfectly.

For your next stay may I recommend trying our Vox restaurant with its large, open show kitchen and its authentic sushi. It is an extraordinary taste experience and definitely worth trying when visiting Berlin.

We look forward to having you back again in the near future.

With warmest regards from Berlin,