Grand Hyatt Berlin
US$147
US$118
  • Pool
3,299 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzvox restaurantrooftop poolsony centerthe club loungegreat hotelbrandenburg gatewet roomtop floorwithin walking distancesteam roomholocaust memorialgreat bathroomfive star hotelcentral locationrooms are spaciousmodern hotel
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First trip to Berlin, this hotel has excellent staff, the room I had (5th Floor) was great (comfortable, clean, amenities etc.). Didn't eat at the hotel except breakfast which was excellent. Good location just adjacent to the lively Potsdamer Platz. Overall impression - I will unquestionably come back when next in Berlin.

Room Tip: Mine was on the 5th Floor and seemed recently refurbished. Good facilities.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelmak
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear travelmak,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and especially the service.
I am also very happy that our Hyatt breakfast has found favor with you.

As you had not had the opportunity to eat at one of our restaurants yet, I would like to recommend you to try mesa restaurant at your next stay. At mesa, you will find excellent German dishes served to share.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the very near future.

With best regards from central Berlin,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I got to celebrate our first anniversary in Germany and we stayed here at the Hyatt hotel. I have heard so many things about the Grand Hyatt in Berlin and that their rooms were beyond our expectations. My husband really lounges on every hotel television we get to and he really loved their entertainment set for their guests. Their breakfast croissant has now become a personal favorite and if I could only get their recipe or their way of baking it. Hyatt Hotel is a great place to celebrate for your love life.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Mrs Winstone B,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to tell us about your experiences during your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I would like to congratulate you on your first anniversary and I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful celebration in our hotel. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our Hyatt breakfast and you can rest assured that on your next stay our croissants will be waiting for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

With best regards to you and your husband,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed for 8 nights and the staff was very attentive and helpful all the time. Breakfast is outstanding as well as the other facilities. We planned to stay for 4 nights and we end up staing 4 more nights, Dinner at VOX restaurant is also a great experience. They also have a smoke bar for those who like to smoke after dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Cristina S,

Thank you very much for your review about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the service provided to you and that you especially liked the breakfast.
I am very pleased to read that your stay was so pleasant that you decided to extend it. This is the greatest compliment for us.

For your next stay, I would like to recommend mesa restaurant to you, where German dishes are served to share.

My team and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

With best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Grand Hyatt Berlin is an excellent 5 star hotel in the centre of Berlin. From Schonfeld Airport, we took the train directly to Potsdamer Platz which is just round the corner from the hotel. Staff at reception were very nice, extremely polite and helpful with anything I asked. We were in a room on the 3rd floor facing the inner atrium. It must be the quietest room we have ever had - very heavy soundproof doors probably! The windows had electric black out blinds which meant we had a lovely sleep every night.
The bed is extremely comfortable. They provide a choice of pillows and other amenities - you only need to ask.
The bathroom had a unique feature- heated tiled floor. Which meant no cold floor everytime you walk into the bathroom, no wet floor either. The bathtub was large, and there was also a separate shower wet room next to the bathtub.
The location of the hotel suited us. Walking distance to Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag. Bus stop round the corner, train station at Potsdamer Platz just minutes away. Sony Centre opposite, also a shopping centre on the other side. Plenty of restaurants around too.
The gym and swimming pool and spa were all excellent and well used by us daily! The jacuzzi is the biggest I've ever come across. Steam room and sauna are unisex.
Breakfast was included in our stay and there was excellent choices. Freshly squeezed fruit juices, vegetable juices, the usual cereals, cold meats and cheeses, breads etc, plus you could order all the eggs, waffles, pancakes from the waiter. And champagne - help yourself!
Would definitely recommend to anyone - this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karenbeanpole
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear karenbeanpole,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your very positive feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very pleased that the central location of our hotel suited you and that you enjoyed a perfect stay.

I am also pleased to read that you were satisfied by our service and I will pass your words of appreciation to my colleagues. Your recommendation is the best motivation for all of us.

I look forward to having you back as our guest again in the near future.

With kindest regards from Potsdamer Platz,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Absolutely loved our stay in this hotel. The rooms was beautifully designed, classy, and with a very comfortable bed. Loved the full gym (the Concept II rowing machines are older, but still ok). Had access to the club lounge, with fantastic food throughout the day, particularly the sushi. The concierge was very helpful, responding quickly and effectively. The location is great. And what a swimming pool! This stay has convinced me to drop the other chains, and focus exclusively on Hyatt for my future hotel stays. Well done!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edusbal

Dear Edusbal,

Thank you very much for your very kind words about our hotel.
I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am especially pleased that you enjoyed our Club Lounge as well as the service of our Concierge and would like to thank you again for your words of appreciation.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

With best regards,