“Great hotel, use a taxi to get to/from airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #14 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel, use a taxi to get to/from airport”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed there during vacation. About 15 minute walk to the Brandenburg Gate, which is where a lot of the attractions are. It's expensive (I used my Hyatt points) but the rooms are very nice. Great shower. Really nice staff. I got room service for breakfast the morning before my flight. I wish I had gotten it everyday, really good, not a bad price. Did I mention the shower was great? It's a room where you can really lay out and relax. If I came back to Berlin for only 1 or 2 nights, I would consider staying there again, depending on if I wanted to spend the money.

Room Tip: Get a taxi to and from the airport. It's not very expensive (~20 Euro). Public transportation in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Rob K,

I would like to thank you very much for posting your feedback about our hotel.

I am very pleased to find that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin last September and I am happy that our redesigned rooms and especially our modern showers were to your taste and met your expectations. As a five-star hotel, the comfort of our guests is always our highest priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest at our hotel on your next trip to Berlin.

Warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Overall good hotel with nicely appointed rooms. Special positive point about the bathroom well organized. Views are just alright but hey this is Berlin !
Reception was very efficient and smiling. We'll done !
Negative is definitely F&B with VOX restaurant being a simple nightmare to wait for a somehow very regular dinner. Breakfast speed of service on the same trend with 25 minutes to wait for a fried egg in an empty restaurant.
So it is a good, but....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hakunamaatata
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Hakunamaatata,

Thank you very much for your review of Grand Hyatt Berlin.

We place great value on the comfort and well-being of our guests, and your overall satisfaction is the best compliment for us. Still, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy a completely satisfying stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I regret that the service at Vox restaurant did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your feedback will be taken seriously, and that we will improve our service.

For your next trip to Berlin, may I recommend our day spa on the top floor where you can enjoy relaxing massages after a stressful day.

We hope to get the chance to show you that we are open to constructive feedback and able to learn from it. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We didn't know the Berlin Film Festival was taking place right inside/outside the hotel. It was chaotic, but all good. Too crowded to get food or drink. But we did catch glimpses of movie stars.

The rooms are beautifully furnished and the hallway design gives you a strange sense of going from Cold War- locked up Berlin to new, hip Berlin.

The spa is very nice but they need bigger gym for such busy times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear ktuerff,

I would like to thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin even during the busy times of the International Film Festival and that catching glimpses of some movie stars compensated you a little for the chaotic days.

I am delighted that our modern rooms and the overall design of the hotel found your favour.

Concerning your comment about the gymnasium at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness, I can assure you that it will be taken seriously.

For your next stay at our hotel, I would like to recommend enjoying a culinary journey at mesa Restaurant as you were not able to do so this time. At mesa, German food is served to share and the relaxed atmosphere is great for spending time with friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards from Potsdamer Platz,

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed a weekend in february 2014. Very nice hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms.
I have a bad back, and I therefore sometimes have problems with the hotel-beds. But not here! Slept like a baby!

We also booked a deep-tissue massage in the spa center, and this was amazing!

The hotel is in walking-distance to Checkpoint-Charlie and other sights and shopping. And there is a small shopping centre just across the street. Perhaps not the most romantic part of the city, but very nice area if you are a first-timer in the city.

The only thing I could say to be negative was that there is some building/renovating activity across the street. They started with heavy machinery REALLY early (at 7) on saturday morning. Hopeless! Luckily I always bring earplugs!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear PimPamPei,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy that you had a relaxing stay at our hotel and that our comfortable beds supported a good sleep. I am also pleased to read that you found time to explore Berlin and that our central location suited your plans.

I carefully read your remarks concerning the noise coming from outside the hotel and truly apologize for any inconveniences caused to you.

For your next visit, I would like to recommend our “Explore Package” to you. You will get the opportunity to choose your personal exploration tour including a walking tour of the Berlin Underworlds, a guided tour through the Berlin Reichstag or a sightseeing tour by ship or by bus in addition to your stay including daily Hyatt breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With kindest regards from Potsdamer Platz,

Leigh-on-Sea, Essex
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First trip to Berlin, this hotel has excellent staff, the room I had (5th Floor) was great (comfortable, clean, amenities etc.). Didn't eat at the hotel except breakfast which was excellent. Good location just adjacent to the lively Potsdamer Platz. Overall impression - I will unquestionably come back when next in Berlin.

Room Tip: Mine was on the 5th Floor and seemed recently refurbished. Good facilities.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelmak
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear travelmak,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and especially the service.
I am also very happy that our Hyatt breakfast has found favor with you.

As you had not had the opportunity to eat at one of our restaurants yet, I would like to recommend you to try mesa restaurant at your next stay. At mesa, you will find excellent German dishes served to share.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the very near future.

With best regards from central Berlin,

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I got to celebrate our first anniversary in Germany and we stayed here at the Hyatt hotel. I have heard so many things about the Grand Hyatt in Berlin and that their rooms were beyond our expectations. My husband really lounges on every hotel television we get to and he really loved their entertainment set for their guests. Their breakfast croissant has now become a personal favorite and if I could only get their recipe or their way of baking it. Hyatt Hotel is a great place to celebrate for your love life.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Mrs Winstone B,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to tell us about your experiences during your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I would like to congratulate you on your first anniversary and I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful celebration in our hotel. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our Hyatt breakfast and you can rest assured that on your next stay our croissants will be waiting for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

With best regards to you and your husband,

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed for 8 nights and the staff was very attentive and helpful all the time. Breakfast is outstanding as well as the other facilities. We planned to stay for 4 nights and we end up staing 4 more nights, Dinner at VOX restaurant is also a great experience. They also have a smoke bar for those who like to smoke after dinner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Cristina S,

Thank you very much for your review about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the service provided to you and that you especially liked the breakfast.
I am very pleased to read that your stay was so pleasant that you decided to extend it. This is the greatest compliment for us.

For your next stay, I would like to recommend mesa restaurant to you, where German dishes are served to share.

My team and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

With best regards from Berlin,