“Great hotel, great location”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #19 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Im an American visiting Berlin for a large convention at the Messe Berlin. While the Hyatt is not close to the Center, its close to everything else, and convenient to the center via taxi or by train. I went each day via the U-Bahn, which goes directly to the main entrance and one change to the south entrance.
The Hyatt has a lobby restaurant/bar for breakfast, and two nice restaurants. Rooms are spacious and the bathroom is really nice, well lit with both Tub and Shower. Internet access is free. You can walk to dozens of other restaurants and shopping and a move theater are just across the street. Great place for business or vacation. The PottsdammerPlatz station is a five minute walk and from there you can get on a train to all locations.

1 Thank Wayne G
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Wayne G,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am pleased to find that you enjoyed staying at our hotel during the convention, and that you found it a great place for business as well as for a vacation.

For your next stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin, I would very much like to recommend spending a relaxed evening at our Vox Bar, where you can try some of our 240 whiskies while enjoying live music with friends or colleagues.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The location is just awesome... you are literally in the heart of Berlin...a short walk should take you to most of the interesting places.

As others have pointed out, service in the breakfast is nearly non existent. The breakfast buffet is just superb... but incase you happen to order something off the buffet... like scrambled eggs... you better come back the next day. The order vanishes in thin air though lot of waiting staff are meandering in the restaurant trying to help!

Otherwise, things are just like any Hyatt hotel anywhere in the world... a bit of a cookie cutter experience... but you can't fault anything in particular!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Drighangchu,

Thank you very much for your feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I was very pleased to find that the central location of our hotel suited you and that overall you enjoyed your stay.

I truly regret that the breakfast service at our restaurant did not meet your expectations however. Please rest assured that your feedback is taken seriously and that we will improve our service.

For your next visit, I would very much like to recommend our mesa restaurant to you. Mesa is the perfect venue for a business lunch or dinner with friends, colleagues or family, offering German cuisine in a very relaxed atmosphere.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin in the very near future.

Best regards from Potsdamer Platz,

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed there during vacation. About 15 minute walk to the Brandenburg Gate, which is where a lot of the attractions are. It's expensive (I used my Hyatt points) but the rooms are very nice. Great shower. Really nice staff. I got room service for breakfast the morning before my flight. I wish I had gotten it everyday, really good, not a bad price. Did I mention the shower was great? It's a room where you can really lay out and relax. If I came back to Berlin for only 1 or 2 nights, I would consider staying there again, depending on if I wanted to spend the money.

Room Tip: Get a taxi to and from the airport. It's not very expensive (~20 Euro). Public transportation in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Rob K,

I would like to thank you very much for posting your feedback about our hotel.

I am very pleased to find that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin last September and I am happy that our redesigned rooms and especially our modern showers were to your taste and met your expectations. As a five-star hotel, the comfort of our guests is always our highest priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest at our hotel on your next trip to Berlin.

Warmest regards,

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Overall good hotel with nicely appointed rooms. Special positive point about the bathroom well organized. Views are just alright but hey this is Berlin !
Reception was very efficient and smiling. We'll done !
Negative is definitely F&B with VOX restaurant being a simple nightmare to wait for a somehow very regular dinner. Breakfast speed of service on the same trend with 25 minutes to wait for a fried egg in an empty restaurant.
So it is a good, but....

1 Thank Hakunamaatata
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Hakunamaatata,

Thank you very much for your review of Grand Hyatt Berlin.

We place great value on the comfort and well-being of our guests, and your overall satisfaction is the best compliment for us. Still, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy a completely satisfying stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I regret that the service at Vox restaurant did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your feedback will be taken seriously, and that we will improve our service.

For your next trip to Berlin, may I recommend our day spa on the top floor where you can enjoy relaxing massages after a stressful day.

We hope to get the chance to show you that we are open to constructive feedback and able to learn from it. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We didn't know the Berlin Film Festival was taking place right inside/outside the hotel. It was chaotic, but all good. Too crowded to get food or drink. But we did catch glimpses of movie stars.

The rooms are beautifully furnished and the hallway design gives you a strange sense of going from Cold War- locked up Berlin to new, hip Berlin.

The spa is very nice but they need bigger gym for such busy times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear ktuerff,

I would like to thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin even during the busy times of the International Film Festival and that catching glimpses of some movie stars compensated you a little for the chaotic days.

I am delighted that our modern rooms and the overall design of the hotel found your favour.

Concerning your comment about the gymnasium at Club Olympus Spa & Fitness, I can assure you that it will be taken seriously.

For your next stay at our hotel, I would like to recommend enjoying a culinary journey at mesa Restaurant as you were not able to do so this time. At mesa, German food is served to share and the relaxed atmosphere is great for spending time with friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards from Potsdamer Platz,

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed a weekend in february 2014. Very nice hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms.
I have a bad back, and I therefore sometimes have problems with the hotel-beds. But not here! Slept like a baby!

We also booked a deep-tissue massage in the spa center, and this was amazing!

The hotel is in walking-distance to Checkpoint-Charlie and other sights and shopping. And there is a small shopping centre just across the street. Perhaps not the most romantic part of the city, but very nice area if you are a first-timer in the city.

The only thing I could say to be negative was that there is some building/renovating activity across the street. They started with heavy machinery REALLY early (at 7) on saturday morning. Hopeless! Luckily I always bring earplugs!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear PimPamPei,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very happy that you had a relaxing stay at our hotel and that our comfortable beds supported a good sleep. I am also pleased to read that you found time to explore Berlin and that our central location suited your plans.

I carefully read your remarks concerning the noise coming from outside the hotel and truly apologize for any inconveniences caused to you.

For your next visit, I would like to recommend our “Explore Package” to you. You will get the opportunity to choose your personal exploration tour including a walking tour of the Berlin Underworlds, a guided tour through the Berlin Reichstag or a sightseeing tour by ship or by bus in addition to your stay including daily Hyatt breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With kindest regards from Potsdamer Platz,

Leigh-on-Sea, Essex
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First trip to Berlin, this hotel has excellent staff, the room I had (5th Floor) was great (comfortable, clean, amenities etc.). Didn't eat at the hotel except breakfast which was excellent. Good location just adjacent to the lively Potsdamer Platz. Overall impression - I will unquestionably come back when next in Berlin.

Room Tip: Mine was on the 5th Floor and seemed recently refurbished. Good facilities.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelmak
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear travelmak,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and especially the service.
I am also very happy that our Hyatt breakfast has found favor with you.

As you had not had the opportunity to eat at one of our restaurants yet, I would like to recommend you to try mesa restaurant at your next stay. At mesa, you will find excellent German dishes served to share.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the very near future.

With best regards from central Berlin,