“Top Service, Top Rooms”

Ranked #20 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Essen, Germany
“Top Service, Top Rooms”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

AAA+. especially the Roof Top Pool incl Sundeck is perfect for Summer Stays. The Location at Potsdamer Platz is perfect for Shopping and Nightlife. Furthermore outstanding Service in the whole Hotel. Restaurants are great and serving a good quality of food and wine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Christian W
Dear Christian W,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. To read that you were completely satisfied with your stay and that you experiences an outstanding service, is the best compliment for the entire team and I truly appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of food and beverages as well as the location and spa area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope you will let us be your host again.

Kindest regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Perfect location, on walking distance of historical city center, close to public transportation, excellent service and hospitality, live music during the weekend, good food/beverage, perfect location for exploring Berlin

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mieke P,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin and for evaluating our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you especially enjoyed the location and the surrounding sights and I truly hope you will come back to keep on exploring the city. Beyond that, it is great that you enjoyed our restaurants and the bar as well as the overall service! We would me more than happy to welcome you back soon.

With warm regards
kaliningrad
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A nice, clean, and friendly hotel with an excellent staff. I would recommend it to anyone, regardless of the aim of visit - from business to leisure. The Hyatt is up to its golden standard as ever, but far less expensive than its sister hotels in Paris and other capitals.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear asynyaga,

Many thanks for your review and recommendation. It is my pleasure to pass on your compliments to the respective teams and I am glad that we met your expectations in regards to the facilities, cleanliness and service. We look forward to welcoming you back both for business and for leisure purpose and the entire team will be happy to assist you at any time.

With best regards
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my second stay in this hotel, and I must say that everything was perfect from arriving at the hotel, the check-in process, the beautiful room with a very nice view on the Marlene Dietrich's Plaza and the staff that is one of the best I have ever seen. You really feel welcomed here and I recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear FFD1,

I sincerely thank you for your great feedback and kind words. It is always the best motivation to read that you enjoyed our facilities as well as the service, as I know my team`s dedication to high standards. They will be thankful for your appreciation. It would be fantastic to welcome you back soon and should you ever need any assistance, we will remain at your disposal.

Best regards
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times. I sometimes have a feeling that it's top-class, other times not. Perhaps one can attribute this to Berlin - it's a city with a melting pot of cultures and no "norms"... It can be very expensive or quite reasonable.

Ultimately, I would sum it up like this:
Great location
Some great rooms
Some great staff (and some bad apples)

The service culture overall is a bit uncertain... That's why I titled my review as such. I would recommend this hotel but I feel that sometimes it doesn't live up to expectations.

One example: restaurant staff is not assigned to your table (at Vox) but rather it's a rotation-style. Whoever comes up to your table - good on them - which means that nothing is guaranteed and sometimes requests for drinks and a la carte items take very long.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank janyyc
Dear Janyyc,

thank you so much for being our regular guest and for your plain feedback in regards to our service level. I am delighted to read that you would generally recommend our hotel, the location and the rooms. Of course it is our most important goal to keep our service quality on a constant level to make our guests feel comfortable at every stay. Please accept my apologies that you made other experiences and rest assured that I have already shared your comments with all teams in order to improve our perfomance. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 May 2014

grand hyatt berlin scores heavily in terms of location. We chose the place as it is less than 10KM away from all the key tourist attractions in the city. Concierge service was top class (Swen is awesome!). Food was really good...service was prompt. Rooms are a little small given the city location. The chef baked a special cake for my son on his birthday. If you are a tourist in berlin, look no further...this is the best place in town. tad expensive......

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Arnav20052004,

I would not want to miss the opprtunity to thank you for your feedback. It is great that you could enjoy all main sights of our beautiful city and I am even more delighted that our Concierge team provided such a great service. I will especially pass on your compliments to Swen. I truly hope your son had a lovely birthday in Berlin and we look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too far future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Highly recommend it, staff are so friendly and helpful, location couldn't be better! We had a high floor with a beautiful view of Berlin. It is an expensive hotel but well worth it for a special weekend away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Paul D
Dear Paul D,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences with us! We place great value on the comfort and wellbeing of our guests, that is why I truly appreciate your feedback and I am very happy that both the location and the service met your expectations. Should you plan your next trip to our beautiful city, please just let us know and we will be delighted to assist you.