“lovely hotel to relax and unwind”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #15 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel to relax and unwind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

this is a great hotel.The rooms are very comfortable with one of the best bathrooms I have ever found.fantastic shower with a really good bath,lots of towels and everything laid out and well thought out.The beds are really cofortable with descent pillows and well laid out light switches so you can have any light level you want without having to hunt for switches.there is a great blsckout blind so you can sleep without being woken up by daylight.staff were really friendly and it is a great location.I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a comfortable,cozy place to stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear miec h,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and for your detailed description and recommendation of our rooms. It is great that you enjoyed our facilities and that we totally met your needs, especially regarding the bathroom and the bedding. Furthermore, I sincerely thank you for your kind words about the location and overall service. The entire Grand Hyatt Berlin team looks forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Only spent 2 nights at this fabulous hotel but found it was an amazing place. The spa was great, but quite expensive. The pool overlooked the whole of Berlin, and the hot tub was the highlight of the swimming area. Very close to the metro. Only one problem, we asked for a tier garden view and got offices, which let people see into the room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Natalie N,

I would not want to miss the opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant time in Berlin and it is great to learn that you especially enjoyed the time at our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness. Apart from that, I am sorry that we could not meet your preferences regarding the room allocation. Kindly inform our Front Office team prior about your next arrival, so we can prepare everything accordingly. Should you have any further questions or wishes, the entire Grand Hyatt Berlin team will be happy to assist you at any time.

Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful property in a convenient location with a wonderful staff. Our room was Hyatt immaculate, larger than the the usual European room and also with a good sized bath. It faced an interior courtyard which kept outside noise to a minimum. It's close to Potsdam Platz with easy access to transportation. We prefer walking and the Reichstag was 10 minutes and Gendarmenmkt about 20 minutes as examples. There is a Starbucks across the street but a better local coffee shop 30 seconds further down the street where we had simple breakfast every day.

Did dinner one night at Mesa in the hotel which was wonderful and drinks at the bar in Vox, the other hotel restaurant. The spirits selection at Vox is outstanding with several American artisan distiller selections including High West rye, one of my favorites. Special recognition to Daniel the bartender who really knows his spirits and was a pleasure to talk to.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mutt99
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mutt99,

I sincerely thank you for your review and recommendation. That you were completely satisfied with the facilities, location and service is a great compliment for the entire team. Please rest assured that I will pass on your comments, especially to Daniel, as I know everybody will be very thankful for your appreciation. Further to this, I am glad that you had the time to experience the mesa and the Vox Bar. It is a delight, that the selection of food and the wide range of whiskey made your time with us even more enjoyable. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am a Starwood "Platinum for Life" (500 stays), so I know hotels. I had not stayed in a Hyatt for 10 years. This one had a very good staff, and very good service. However I also purchased in a "Grand Deluxe" room, and then they upgraded us to a suite with a grand piano and a kitchen! ....So I cannot comment on a more traditional room. Great breakfast at this hotel. Concierge very helpful and not busy, considering they said the hotel was suddenly sold out. [In some Starwood hotels these folks are so overworked they are almost not accessible.] Nice pool and spa - not busy. My girls each got 10 minutes of tanning for 10 euros - reasonable. No wonder the hotel was suddenly full: at the pool I encountered the U.S. Secretary of Treasury, plus 3 Secret Service agents standing next to the whirlpool in suits; which was odd because in the whole pool area there were only 2 people besides me! - more Secret Service than people; plus 2 more agents I passed between between the Spa desk and the pool. After breakfast I found out who all these guys were. And not doubt his traveling staff was also in the hotel. ...So, if the US Secretary of the Treasury stays at this hotel when he comes to Berlin, that's a pretty good recommendation all by itself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Jack K,

let me thank you for your positive review and your kind words. It is a great compliment to learn that you have left the hotel completely satisfied and that you enjoyed staying with Hyatt after such a long time. I will especially share your comments with the Concierge team. The entire Grand Hyatt Berlin team would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future!

baarn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

great hotel with pleasant interiors and art everywhere, very good location near shopping mall, cinemas, restaurants, metro, food excellent ,very nice comfortable rooms and spacious swimming pool. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Angela D,

Let me thank you for your great review. It is my pleasure to read that you enjoyed our facilities and location and especially your room. Further to this I am happy that you had the time to experience our restaurants as well as the spa area. Whenever you are planning your next trip to Berlin, please let us know if we can be of any assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Berlin for three nights in June 2014. It was the best hotel experience that I have had.

We had a standard room on the 5th floor overlooking the courtyard. Bed was very comfortable and the blackout curtain made it almost completely dark at night. Large bathtub with a separate shower area. Staff provided fresh fruit and water each day. We had breakfast included with our room -- having the breakfast buffet available was wonderful, and the selection was huge. There were a number of hot items -- scrambled eggs, eggs over easy, multiple sausages, bacon, and toast, as well as numerous cheeses, cold meats and fish items, cereal, fresh juices, fruit, and pastries.

The hotel's location is very convenient to Potsdamer Platz, where you can take the U-Bahn or S-Bahn elsewhere. There also were several restaurants, a shopping center, and a casino adjacent to the hotel. It was about 15 minutes on foot to the Brandenburg Gate, and from there another 15-20 minutes walking on foot to Museum Island (there probably would be a more efficient way to get there directly). There also were a number of taxis waiting by the hotel, which we used twice.

All of the staff that we encountered were pleasant and very helpful -- the service was truly excellent. I am especially grateful to the concierge who helped us with alternative flight arrangements after our Air Berlin flight to New York was cancelled a few hours before the flight was scheduled to depart.

I would definitely look to return to the Grand Hyatt Berlin if I found myself in Berlin again. I had a truly wonderful time at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy K
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Jeremy K,

Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you and your wife had a wonderful time with us. Your very positive comments on the room and its features as well as the location are much appreciated. We are happy that you had the time to explore beautiful Berlin and all main sights. That we could make your time in the Germam capital even more enjoyable - thanks to our facilities and services - is great and especially your comments on the breakfast will be passed on, as the team always tries to make our guest`s start into the day a very pleasant one. Furthermore I am glad to hear that our Concierge was able to assist you with your flights and I hope you had a safe trip back home. Again, many thanks for your recommendation. We look foward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards
Frederiksberg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Grand Hyatt Berlin is located near Potsdamer Platz and about 1 km south of the Brandenburger Tor and the Reichstag (German Parliament Building), and close to the southeast corner of the Tiergarten Park, which is perfect if you want to stay in the middle of thing. I arrived by car and there is a public parking house, which is located almost under the hotel. The hotel recommended me to park the car in sector B, which was next to the hotel. The reception area is quite impressive located in the inner yard of the large hotel. The service from the staff was swift and friendly, and some of the staff had impressive skills in small talk.

I had been given a room on the second floor. The room was wonderful; it was very bright, modern and spacious. The design was rewarding, as I felt comfortable straight away. The room had huge windows and a great bed was the centerpiece of the room. The bathroom was impressive and one of the best I had this year. The bath and shower section was awesome and the shower was the best.

It is quite funny that even if the area of Potsdamer Platz is quite new and very modern is has already a certain appeal to it. There are nice restaurants, bars and shopping possibilities and huge amount of people in the streets, which makes it a quite attractive place to stay and then when you have a hotel like this there is no reason not to come.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chokk
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear chokk,

On behalf of the entire Grand Hyatt Berlin team I would like to thank you for your kind words, that I have already shared with all departments. I am glad to read, that you liked the architecture and design of both the public area and the rooms, especially the bath. Beyond that, thank you for your appreciation regarding the service and staff`s friendliness. It is awesome that you enjoyed exploring our beautiful city and we hope you will be returning in the future. The entire team will remain at your disposal.