“Another Great Stay”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #19 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel delivers every time. Very good location, ultra quiet, pitch dark when you lower the shades. Great bathroom and shower. I think they have new beds, perfect mix of soft and firm for me. Clean, nice spa whats not to like. Fourth time i think staying here and will return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear WorldTRavelRod,

Thank your for staying at Grand Hyatt and for writing such a positive feedback.
It is great to read that you had a good time with us and we were able to meet your expectations. As we just renewed our rooms I am pleased that you liked the facilities and also took the time to enjoy in our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,210)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent staff. Great rooms (very clean and well layer very nice bathroom). Potsdamer platz location is convent to get around the city as the U2 is just a few short blocks away. restaurants are plenty in the area.

Dear Samuel D,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. It is a great satisfaction to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the German capital. With pleasure I noted that you liked both, the facilities and our staff. Please rest assured that I will tell my team about your positive feedback.
We keep looking forward to keep hosting you during your next visits in our beautiful city. Should you need any help by planning your next trip to Berlin, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

From a long road trip arriving at the hotel, we've been welcomed by happy smily face gentleman who was more than happy to park our car. Check in was a breeze and the friendly host gave us a bit of what we can expect from the hotel and surroundings. Walking into our room our luggage was already placed and we found a lovely hand written card with chocolates and fresh fruit welcoming us to the Hyatt family, wow that was really a moment to cherish. We settled in our spacious room exploring the the city of Berlin and return to what felt to be our home away from home. Breakfast on a daily basis was relaxed and the Restaurant Mesa was simply mouth watering. The tapas style menu was just perfect and left us with so much smiles and satisfying stomachs. It's a must venue to stay at where everything is so central. We will most definitely go back!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Boerierol,

It was a true pleasure to read this detailed feedback about your recent stay with us in the German capital. As the highest aim of every Grand Hyatt employee is the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, your words are very motivating to all of us. Rest assured that I already have shared them with all departments. We direct our attention to the design and art of the hotel, which is why I am delighted that you had a good impression of our renewed rooms and facilities. Furthermore I am glad to hear that you felt welcome, because this is the most important to have a good start in a foreign city.
Again, thank you very much for your kind words! The entire team remains at your disposal for any further questions.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We did a 2-day city break in Berlin and were lucky enough to stay here at a reduced rate. The hotel is incredibly modern and interesting, with the nicest bathroom I have ever seen. Really helpful staff, super breakfast and all in a great location. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for the double grand king room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear ChristopherTD,

I was delighted to read that your stay was to your entire satisfaction and that you liked the hotel’s facilities. With pleasure I will share your great words about our staff and the breakfast you enjoyed with my entire team. It is great you felt so comfortable with us and enjoyed two wonderful days in Berlin. Thank you very much for your recommendation!
The Grand Hyatt Berlin looks forward to welcoming you back in not too far future. Should you need any assistance by planning your next trip to the German capital, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have always loved Grand hyatt and is always my first choice whenever I travel. However, I'm quite disappointed at the service in Grand hyatt berlin. When we checked in, we were not informed of any renovation going on in the hotel and that there would be noise in the morning. So the first morning, I was awaken at 8am by loud sound of hammering and drilling. At first I thought it was from somewhere outside. And it happened again the 2nd morning and I was convinced that it was from the rooms above. So I asked the reception what's going on and the man at the reception told me there's a little renovation going on in some rooms but we were not supposed to hear any noise. I told him the noise was very loud and disturbing. He was quite surprised and told me that he's gonna check what happened and get back to me later. The most DISAPPOINTING thing is that he NEVER got back to me. I waited the whole day but did not hear anything from him. Is this supposed to be the service in Grand Hyatt?

Anyway, other than that, room is great as always in Grand hyatt. Spacious, clean room, comfortable bed and good location. Good selection of breakfast too.

2  Thank JuLiaNi87

Dear JuLiaNi8,

Thank you very much for your taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with us. With pleasure I read that the Grand Hyatt is your first choice for travelling. I appreciate the honest feedback you shared because it is of tremendous value to us and plays an important role in monitoring the quality of our services.
I am very sorry for the inconveniences and please be assured that this surely is not the standard you clearly can expect and that I already talked to my team.
You are totally right that this is not the best service at Grand Hyatt and I cannot apologize enough. Therefore I would like to get in contact with you personally to talk about your stay.

We hope that you will give us a second opportunity to host you during your next visit in Berlin and hope to make you feel just more than welcome the next stay with us.

With best regards

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Tiny rooms, had problems connecting with wifi on many occasions, and yes it is a 5 star hotel so some things look fancy, but in my opinion it is in a cheap modern looking way with not much class. Staff friendly, but more occupied with knocking on your door in a large group in the evening and saying "evening service sir" instead of fixing basic simple things like wifi.
At breakfast in a rush to finish well before closing time.
Was forced to stay there as it was not booked by me, but as soon as I had a chance I went across the street to the Ritz for the same price and got a true 5 star hotel experience, with a room 3 times bigger and hotel more "modern" 5 star than the Hyatt could ever try to be.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MovesAhead

Dear MovesAhead,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback and for the time you took to write down your thoughts about the Grand Hyatt Berlin and the time you stayed with us. We take every feedback very seriously as this is the best way to improve our service. With greatest attention I have read your remarks about your recent visit and I ensure you that this is not the standard you clearly can expect of the hotel.
Dear MovesAhead, please be assured that I will get in contact with you personally.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Grand Hyatt, on Marlene Dietrich Platz, a block from Potsdamer Platz is a truly beautiful hotel, modern and chic. The service is excellent. The room was a bit small, but had lots of plugs, including a plug at each night table, and wifi is free for Hyatt Platinum guests. The bed was comfortable, the bathrobes fluffy,the toiletries excellent, the channel selection large on the flat screen TV including a number of English channels. We were upgraded to the club floor, where the lounge had a spectacular breakfast with smoked fish, great cheese, fruit, an espresso machine, great bread. The pool and sauna are on the roof. The pool is a bit small ,choriney, and claustrophobic but the sauna was wonderful - a steam bath and a dry sauna. The was a six foot or so diameter cold dunking pool - you had to climb up a ladder to use it. The hotel has a German take-no-prisoners attitude towards nudity. There were no showers in the men's locker room (I don't know about the women's locker room) but a great multi-nozzle one in the sauna area in a very public space. No shower curtain or privacy screen here. I and a couple from Minnesota were in the sauna, and a little old American lady, wrapped in a towel with a shower cap on her head opened the door, saw two nude men and a nude woman, blushed, said 'Oh' and quickly closed the door and left. A great hotel.

1  Thank Playaneuron

Dear playaneuron,

I cannot thank you enough for sharing such a detailed review about your last stay in Berlin on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you are satisfied with your overall stay at the Grand Hyatt. We surely want to comfort our guests in every possible way during their stay with us, so please be assured that I will share your great words about our Grand Club and the Club Olympus with all departments. In fact we have an area with showers that also have privacy screens. Therefore please do not hesitate to ask our team if you have any questions or wishes. As the entire team always has the aim to offer the best service, we are thankful for every true feedback. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon as our guests and remain at your disposal for any further questions.

Kind regards