“Lovely Weekend in Berlin”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #22 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Bushey, United Kingdom
“Lovely Weekend in Berlin”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Very pleasant staff, excellent location and very comfortable room. We used the pool, which was busy in the morning but good temperature and very clean.
Local restaurants were good, particularly Essenza. Sony Centre nearby had lots of restaurants but we didn't use them
Local shopping centre with Rewe supermarket was very good.
Would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Ian_Forburg,

Thank your for having chosen to stay with us during your weekend trip and for having taken the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the facilities and especially the location. Furthermore, your feedback with regard to the service is much appreciated and the entire team looks forward to welcoming you back in the future. Should we be able to assist you in the meantime, please just let us know.

Best regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We expend 2 nights and the rooms very clean, comfortable and luxurious, the Spa area was perfect to relax. The breakfast very extend and food very fresh and tasty. Very close to shopping malls and please don't miss the cocktails in at the lobby bar or the Hotel Ritz Carlton....they said these are the best from Germany

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mi2perdomo
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear mi2perdomo,

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we were able to make your Berlin trip a truly memorable one. It is great that you had the time to explore everything around and relaxed at our Club Olympus afterwards. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back and if we can be of any assistance, please just let us know at any time.

Kind regards
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Berlin for a weekend of sightseeing and relaxation, and enjoyed it immensely. The location was perfect - walking distance to most sites and a short taxi ride to the rest. The breakfast was great, and the spa was wonderful after a long day of walking. I do have one suggestion, however. We wanted to borrow the hotel's bikes but had to go through the concierge to do so. The problem is that he did not arrive until 10 am, which was too late for us to wait around. I would recommend that the hotel train its desk staff to hire out the bikes so that interested parties don't have to wait until 10 am to do so.

Dear MikeSantaMonica,

First of all, let me thank you for evaluating your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. I am very glad to learn that you and your wife felt so comfortable staying with us and that especially the location, the breakfast buffet and the spa area were to your satisfaction. I have also noted your comment in regards to the bikes and as a matter of course it should be possible to hire them at any time. Please rest assured that we will focus on a refresher training of the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With warm regards
London
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Although our club room was not large, they have maximised the layout and provided everything necessary. The club lounge offered an excellent continental breakfast and very good evening canapés with perfect, friendly service. My only slight grumble was that a five star hotel should offer a reliable turn down service, yet this only happened once in our four night stay.

An error with our account was rectified immediately, accurately and with just the right apology.

I would willingly return here on my next visit to Berlin.

Dear Stephen366,

Many thanks for your review on TripAdvisor! I am very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that especially the staff`s attention and friendliness made your time in Berlin even more pleasant. I know they will appreciate your kind words. It is great that the offerings at the Grand Club met your needs and expectations and I will be happy to share your compliments with the respective teams. Furthermore, I have noted your feedback with regard to the turn down service. Please accept my apologies and be assured that we will discuss this point internally again. The entire team would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

With kind regards
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a great hotel in an excellent location, our check in with the receptionist was smooth, courteous and very informative. The room was excellent, spacious and with everything that was needed for a lovely city break. The breakfast catered for everyone it was very nice and set us up for the day. If visiting this city again we would definitely stay here. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear pops2612,

Thank you for your review and very kind words. I truly appreciate your positive feedback and I am happy to learn that we were able to make your Berlin trip enjoyable and memorable. Please be assured that I will especially pass on your compliments to the Front Office team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and should there be anything we can assist you with, please just let us know.

Warm regards
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Excellent hotel, great service, comfortable rooms, well located.Located on the Postdamer Platz and close to the Tiergarten. Great breakfast and a good business centre. Hard to fault. I really don't understand why I have to waste my time making this up to 200 characters.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Michael S,

I would not want to miss the opportunity to thank you for your recent stay and your positive comments on TripAdvisor. Your recommendation is much appreciated and I am glad that you enjoyed your your time in Berlin. Please let the entire team know, if we can be of any assistance prior to your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With best regards
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We just arrived home after 3 days in the Hyatt's 'Max Reinhardt ' Grand Executive Suite. Wow. Thank-you to the Manager and staff for a truly memorable stay.
Having a huge suite; essentially a large flat with Berlin views was truly special. The added nibbles, drinks, service in our Suite and in the VIP Club Room was lovely. The breakfast buffet became a leisurely 3 course brunch for us! Nothing appeared too much trouble, even when checking out and returning for our luggage hours later.
We mastered the buses and subway, all uber convenient if you stay here.
Overall we found this hotel to be stylish, peaceful and convenient. The whole ambience of this Hyatt is I feel 'art gallery' sheek that let's the hotel space speak for itself. "Ich bin ein Berliner !"

Room Tip: If you can stretch to a Suite go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed.