New Berlin
US$490
US$447
Travelocity
  • Pool
aletto Hotel Kudamm(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnice hotelbathroom floorcomfortable bedcold cutsspoke good englishyogurtexcellent breakfastthe room was niceschonefeld airportpublic transportationcity breaktramfriedrichshainsaunawarschauerinternetsoundproofing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I had a wonderful stay in the New Berlin Hotel from 23/03/13 - 27/03/13. The service and staff were second to none; everyone so friendly and helpful without being overbearing, nothing was too much trouble. The classic room, which is situated across the courtyard from the main hotel, was well appointed; bright, airy, spacious with with warm pastel colours. The en-suite was a good size and had a great shower, toiletries were from Ritual - really lovely. I had free use of the sauna, which was absolutely heavenly. Breakfast buffet was amazing, plenty of choice even for me, a very fussy vegetarian. My friend asked them if they could get gluten free bread, the first morning after our arrival. They made sure they had the bread for my friend the following morning and there after for the remainder of our stay, at no extra cost. This is one of the best hotels for service, value, comfort and friendliness I have ever stayed in. It is a small gem in a big pool, not to be passed over. New Berlin Hotel is located in East Berlin, very close to the city centre. I was able to walk to Brandenburg gate from the hotel in under 30 mins. Tram is literally 2 minutes walk away from the hotel and there are trams every 4 - 5 minutes, which will take you into the city centre in approx 10 minutes. Alexanderplatz is the main link for all modes of public transport. The T.V tower is also in Alexanderplatz, I used it as my landmark when I was walking around the city, that way, I never got lost and was always able to make my way back to the tram stop. From Alexanderplatz, I got back to the hotel by taking the tram to Llandsberger Allee/Petersburg Strasse.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are across the courtyard of the main hotel. Suites are in the main hotel. Sauna is on the 6th floor of the main hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosie2108
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Boutique hotel located in East Berlin. Close to tram line which will take you to Alexanderplatz in 15 minutes. Comfortable rooms, great breakfast, nice solarium, helpful staff. A little stingy in toiletries - I had to ask every day for new products! Neighbourhood is dull and drab however public transport in Berlin is great. It's such a spread out city that no hotel is completely central.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We had a wonderful Two night stay at this hotel. The staff were all friendly, welcoming but not overbearing. The hotel is not in the city centre ( it would be 3 times the price if it was) but is easy to travel to centre by tram or bike (the tram system is often not shown on underground transport maps in tourist books but there are trams to the hotel every 5 mins from Alexanderplatz to llandsberger allee/petersburg strasse.) Also because it is in a residential area we were able to experience a local bar too rather than just overpriced tourist bars.
The breakfast was excellent. You could even have a glass of cava or two to wash it down.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank peoplepower
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This is a great Hotel in Berlin located near the tram to Alexander Platz. We stayed in the building across the courtyard from the main hotel. The rooms were spacious and cozily decorated. The bathroom was a nice size with a great Shower. Breakfast was excellent with a selection of breads, meats cheeses,Cereals, bacon eggs fruit etc We ate twice in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent we were given nice olives for our table and the steak was cooked perfectly as were all the side dishes the chef very nicely cooked a special dish of vegetables for my vegetarian Niece. The staff were very helpful & pleasant. Lots to see in Berlin I'd recommend the bike tour from Alexander platz its not for the faint hearted cycling through Berlin in Traffic but its a great way of seeing everything and you stop for lunch and a beer at the Tiergarten. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hotel and this great city,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank missmoffet
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I´ve read the trip advisor reviews prior to choosing this hotel for my first trip in Berlin and I´ve enjoyed being there.
Our room (301) was spacious, we were facing the street but we have not been disturbed during the night by the traffic noise.
The area is residential, with the tram station at 100 meters from the hotel.
The hotel was not in downtown Berlin but it takes only 8- 10 min to go to Alexanderplatz, and the line is direct (M5 or M6).
It´s a small hotel, nice, design, with a small sauna on the last floor.
Except one person, the staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast is unbelievable !!!!
...it was a 5 Stars breakfast, with a lot of choice, at any time (sometimes when you arrive late for breakfast there nothing....) with home made yoghourts, cakes, many fresh fruits, various hams, jams, juices.....for all tastes.
My regrets are on the bottles of water which were supposed to be offered by courtesy and we have not seen them.

Room Tip: My room, 301 was spacious enough
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends