“Berlin the city that truely never closes”

Berlin City Tour - City Sightseeing
City Sightseeing Berlin Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #60 of 373 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to explore Berlin. A fascinating tour at your own pace, in our stunning double-decker buses. We offer 4 tours, 3 bus tours and 1 boat tour. Hop on and off at all the places you'd love to visit with our ticket. Traditional Tour: Discover all the major sights of Berlin on the Traditional Tour in our double-decker buses. After all, Brandenburg Gate, KaDeWe, Checkpoint Charlie and TV Tower are absolute must-sees for anyone visiting Berlin! You also have the opportunity to explore the heart of the city on your own initiative. The Tour takes about 2 hours (with live-commentary in English and German or with commentary via headphones in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese and Japanese). Wall & Lifestyle Tour: You think you've already seen everything? Visit the Berlin Wall Memorial, investigate an original WWII bunker, discover Prenzlauer Berg with its countless restaurants, cafes and galleries or see the East Side Gallery, the longest preserved part of the Berlin Wall on our Wall & Lifestyle Tour. The Tour takes about 2 hours (with live-commentary in English and German or with commentary via headphones in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese and Japanese). Westend Tour: Join us on our Westend Tour and explore the old West Berlin. You will not only drive through exclusive residential areas and down the famous Ku’damm; the tour features a number of real Berlin highlights such as Charlottenburg Palace, ICC and Radio Tower or the Olympic Stadium. Don’t miss the chance to climb the Bell Tower in the Olympic Park and enjoy an astonishing view of Berlin. The tour takes about 2 hours with live-commentary in English and German. Boat Tour: Discover Berlin from a different point of view. Take a boat cruise on the River Spree and see the most famous sights of Berlin. The tour takes about 2 hours with commentary in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Berlin the city that truely never closes”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was stationed in Berlin for 3 years and got to know the place very well.I was so in Love with Berlin I was back on holiday the day the wall came down.How fortunate was I for that. I returned again with my family to see the place again and boy has it changed. No matter what you want to do or were you want to go Berlin will make it easy to do it.Thousands of clubs of all persuasions.Many many places of interest & I can highly recommend the Telecom tower just over from the Gate. But make sure you take a camera with you. Berlin Fantastic place. Ich bin einhe Berliner.

Visited September 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Berlin in one day”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited family in Poznan, a city in western Poland and decided to go to Berlin for a one day. It was approximately a 2.5hour car ride to Wildau, a place on the outskirts of Berlin. There, after finding a free parking at the local swimming pool complex we boarded a local train and after 25min ride we changed lines at Sudcreuz and a short ride after we got off right at the Brandenburg gate. It was a cold and foggy December day but there were lots of tourists around. There is a Starbucks across from the ubahn station, great for a quick warm up. From there we walked to the Reichstag. We heard that there is a beautiful view of the city from the top but decided against it due to the heavy fog.all tours are organized and you have to buy tickets in a specially marked cabins across the street.
On we went by few government buildings, marvelling are different architecture and outdoor art in front of many of them. After crossing a small bridge over Sprewa we reached our destination. We wanted to see the new Haupt banhoff or Central train station. We were not disappointed, the building was beautiful, very modern, with lots of glass and steel, all decked out for Christmas. The train tracks run down below and also above our heads!
From there we went back to the Gate and Gorgeous alley Unter den linden. We continued on all the way to the Potsdamer platz, passing by more historic buildings that housed German government and army pre/during/post the war. From there we walked over to the Trabiworld, a museum of sorts of the old East German car Trabant. All countries in the Eastern block were full of these unique automobiles.
From there it was not far to the famous Check point Charlie, a best known crossing point between west and east Berlin during the Cold War. There is also a cool outdoor museum with history of the wall in pictures and details of reinforcements pus lots of "people" stories about attempted illegal crossings. Very interesting and worth seeing. And free!.
Now we were hungry so off we went to a nearby Christmas market. If you are in Europe during Christmas time you have to experience the markets. They are every where, great places to buy local art, delicacies, souvenirs. We bought some German sausages and of course mulled wine for a warm up.
After that we took the ubahn to the Alexander Platz. If it was not for the fog we would have gone to the top of the tower on the plaza for more sweeping city views. There was another Christmas market there, much more commercial though. We could not say no to famous schmaltze kuchen - kind of a deep fried doughnut bits. Delicious!
Being December it was already getting dark even though it was only after 4 pm.
We got on the ubahn and took it back to Wildau to collect our car and go back to Poland.
Whirlwind but a very interesting day in Berlin!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank GosiaW
Oldham
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Way To See The City”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Second visit to this wonderfull city, and a city bus tour,by a different provider this time. Berlin City Tour, uses open top double deckers, not exactly in the first flush of youth, but none the worse for that. There are 3 separate, tho sometime converging routes to choose from, and once uve got your ticket from either a street agent {haggle!!} on the driver its an interchangeable hop on/ hop off service. A real tour commentator, very friendly and helpful Driver, made our tour excellent.
He helped us with info on which stop to take for stuff we wanted to see. A clear and usefull map is provided too.
The great flexibility off getting on and off when u want, where you want is the key to this kind of trip.
We boarded outside the fabulous KaDeWe store and had a great lazy day , do try it, from 17e each, for a whole day of exploring, Great.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Davidwalterdavies
Buffalo
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Didn't make all the scheduled stops!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I took two of these tours, both on the brown and green buses, during my recent trip to Berlin. I picked up the C tour actually accidentally, as I was attending a concert at the Waldbuhne and looking for something to do in the area until concert time. I didn't pay attention when it said West End on the front of the bus, all I paid attention to was the side of the bus listing the sites. They charged me only 10 euros and the guide was friendly and spoke the tour in English and German, which was nice. It ended up being kind of a boring tour though, for me personally, as I wasn't aware there were separate tours for what you wanted to see until I was already near the end of this one. It was a way to pass a couple hours time, though. The next day, I took the A tour, which is the one I origianally wanted, since I wanted to see the tourist sights. It cost 17 euros, and again, the guide was friendly and did the tour in English and German. I caught the tour at the Hauptbenhof stop right by the train station. It was a good tour until they didn't make the scheduled stop at the Brandenburg Gate, the sight I most wanted to get a picture of! At each stop they would stop and announce the stop in case people wanted to get off, they completely skipped this one! We saw it only in passing, no stop, no announcement, and certainly no time to take a picture! I had walked in circles trying to find it by walking two days earlier and even when I got off the bus tour, so needless to say, it was a disappointment not to be able to see a major sight! It was my last day in Berlin, also, so I didn't have time to take another tour. The scheduled breaks on the tour were also not all where the brochure indicated, or as long as the brochure indicated!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BuffaloAmy
Dublin, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“third reich”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

we had jim as our tour guide this was my first time in berlin and the tour I took was great, a lot of walking but worth it we visited a lot of the atractions that were v interesting our guide was very knolagable will be definitely going back again

Visited April 2014