SORAT Hotel Ambassador Berlin
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,045 results
All reviewswittenbergplatz u bahn stationasian breakfastcomfort roombit datedbus routesminute walkrooms are basicbahnhof zooair conditioningtwo singles pushed togetheraround the cornerexcellent locationdepartment storethe wi ficentral locationeasy accesstourist attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After few consideration I decided to book here again, although there are few other offers including their neighboring new hotels and I know SORAT Ambassador did not let me down.

The buffet breakfast remains my determining factor, and yes SORAT Ambassador this is your Ace of Spade. The happy hour during 3 days at ITB Berlin was also a good gesture !

The staffs are also very helpful and willing to go extra mile, when I was in need to use the computer at the lobby to print a document and willing to pay the rental fee, she offered to print it for free for me and just asked me to send the copy of the email to hotel's address. Wow, it's just a small money for me and I did not mind to pay for the rental but it was really impressive :)

Another friend who chose to stay next door, complaint about the breakfast and told me he wants to go back to SORAT Ambassador again next year, so I really made a right decision.

Kudos to you SORAT Ambassador team ! keep up the good work,

So bis naechste jahr :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ambassadorBerlin, Manager at SORAT Hotel Ambassador Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Kongco,
what a great summary of your experience with our services. Yes,our sumptous SORAT Breakkfast Buffet as well as our great Team members are our trade mark. We will keep it up.
Thank you so much for your recommendation.
See you next ITB!
KInd Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Ambassador Hotel in Berlin which was very clean and comfortable. The staff were particularly helpful. The first evening I stayed, there was a nois coming from my radiator which I subsequently spoke about to the receptionist. The matter was dealt with quickly and effectively.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Graham,
thank you for recommending us. It was great to read your comments. We will pass it on!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good location near U Bahn and zoo.
Staff were very helpful with advice on travel in Berlin.
Hotel was clean and fairly quiet considering the German cup final was on in Berlin and a lot of supporters were staying there.
Good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Norman B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

there were some little things that make a difference in the overall experience of the stay. First, I arrived early and asked to be checked in. At this time they told me it would be a few hours so I asked to leave my one bag there. They agreed but said I had to pay to have it stored. I have never experienced this anywhere but thought maybe it was normal for Berlin. I don't believe it is. Thought by the time I got back, the room thing wold be figured out, but it was not. When my room mate arrived (at check in time) they still made her wait, then tried to give her a room with one bed, even though we had requested (and been confirmed, so we thought) to have a room with two beds. Even though we started requesting the room at 0900, by 1500 we still didn't have the right room.

Next is that the hotel has smoking rooms. Even though we requested a non-smoking room, there was still a smoky smell in the hallway and my towel smelled like smoke. Not fun.

Next, as you will see in other reviews, no a/c and in case you don't know it, no moisturizer or any toiletries. They have a bottle of something attached to wall. The bottle contains something that is supposed to be good for shampoo and shampoo. At a minimum, bring your own conditioner if you use it at home. I found this to be common during my visit

The location is great, as described by other reviewers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
thank you for your rating. We are very sorry to hear that your room wasn't ready at Check In time of 15.00 hours. We did pass your comments on to our Housekeeper for further investigatation.
But we would like to emphasize that this is not up to our Standard. As reference to other guests we would like to inform that we keep different toiletries available upon request at the reception.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

DIN recommended staying your hotel. It was nice to stay: everything was more than average. Thank you! I dare say that door lock of the room was a bit troublesome to open. The aspargus I enjoyed at the hotel restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ambassadorBerlin, Manager at SORAT Hotel Ambassador Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Ichiro,
THANK YOU so much for recommending us! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.