“Great Location”

SORAT Hotel Ambassador Berlin
Ranked #190 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Didn't spend time in the hotel much, or eat there, but the location is fab for sightseeing. As you come out the doors, turn left for UBahn (sights include East Side Gallery) and KaDeWe or turn right for bus 100 and Berlin Zoo (walking distance) which will take you to most tourist attractions (Brandenburg gate, Reichtag etc)

Theres a bakery across the road for a nice breakfast (if you choose to eat out like I did) and a donor kebab shop just opposite if you need a quick bite (lovely). Supermarket if you turn left and a number of restaurants.

Staff were friendly, place was clean - I have no real complaints

Bar the fact our room was next to a construction site. This cant be helped by the hotel and because we were out all day hardly disruptive. I was actually a bit fond of them insuring I woke up at 7am and didn't waste the day away. But its worth noting this, because if you do want a lie in, this might be a problem. It also means there is no view to speak of.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam R
ambassadorBerlin, Manager at SORAT Hotel Ambassador Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Sam,
we liked your rating very much! Thank you! For all readers of your statement we would like to remark as follows: Yes, there is a construction site at the moment. But rooms facing the other side of the building are available if you might feel disturbed.
And also - yes, the Doener Kebab place is recommendable, but just try our Quick Lunch? We got a daily Special starting from EUR 4,50 !
the Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

SORAT Hotel Ambassador is clean and spacious hotel near Zoo and shopping street Ku'damm. The room had plenty of space for 2 people and rooms were clean.

Breakfast is quite expensive if it is not included to the room price. Better option is to visit the local bakeries near by for breakfast. The beds in the hotel room were not the best, but managed to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Amazing value for money.
My room was upgraded so got comfort double, which was great.
Staff very friendly and helpful
Good location for bus/Tube
Plenty of cafés nearby if you do not get breakfast.
Also has nice terrace near the bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Crisp,
what a lovely 100% rating for us! We would like to send you a big THANK YOU!
See you next time in Berlin!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

After few consideration I decided to book here again, although there are few other offers including their neighboring new hotels and I know SORAT Ambassador did not let me down.

The buffet breakfast remains my determining factor, and yes SORAT Ambassador this is your Ace of Spade. The happy hour during 3 days at ITB Berlin was also a good gesture !

The staffs are also very helpful and willing to go extra mile, when I was in need to use the computer at the lobby to print a document and willing to pay the rental fee, she offered to print it for free for me and just asked me to send the copy of the email to hotel's address. Wow, it's just a small money for me and I did not mind to pay for the rental but it was really impressive :)

Another friend who chose to stay next door, complaint about the breakfast and told me he wants to go back to SORAT Ambassador again next year, so I really made a right decision.

Kudos to you SORAT Ambassador team ! keep up the good work,

So bis naechste jahr :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ambassadorBerlin, Manager at SORAT Hotel Ambassador Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Kongco,
what a great summary of your experience with our services. Yes,our sumptous SORAT Breakkfast Buffet as well as our great Team members are our trade mark. We will keep it up.
Thank you so much for your recommendation.
See you next ITB!
KInd Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Ambassador Hotel in Berlin which was very clean and comfortable. The staff were particularly helpful. The first evening I stayed, there was a nois coming from my radiator which I subsequently spoke about to the receptionist. The matter was dealt with quickly and effectively.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Graham,
thank you for recommending us. It was great to read your comments. We will pass it on!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good location near U Bahn and zoo.
Staff were very helpful with advice on travel in Berlin.
Hotel was clean and fairly quiet considering the German cup final was on in Berlin and a lot of supporters were staying there.
Good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Norman B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

there were some little things that make a difference in the overall experience of the stay. First, I arrived early and asked to be checked in. At this time they told me it would be a few hours so I asked to leave my one bag there. They agreed but said I had to pay to have it stored. I have never experienced this anywhere but thought maybe it was normal for Berlin. I don't believe it is. Thought by the time I got back, the room thing wold be figured out, but it was not. When my room mate arrived (at check in time) they still made her wait, then tried to give her a room with one bed, even though we had requested (and been confirmed, so we thought) to have a room with two beds. Even though we started requesting the room at 0900, by 1500 we still didn't have the right room.

Next is that the hotel has smoking rooms. Even though we requested a non-smoking room, there was still a smoky smell in the hallway and my towel smelled like smoke. Not fun.

Next, as you will see in other reviews, no a/c and in case you don't know it, no moisturizer or any toiletries. They have a bottle of something attached to wall. The bottle contains something that is supposed to be good for shampoo and shampoo. At a minimum, bring your own conditioner if you use it at home. I found this to be common during my visit

The location is great, as described by other reviewers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
thank you for your rating. We are very sorry to hear that your room wasn't ready at Check In time of 15.00 hours. We did pass your comments on to our Housekeeper for further investigatation.
But we would like to emphasize that this is not up to our Standard. As reference to other guests we would like to inform that we keep different toiletries available upon request at the reception.