“Good location, nice interior”

art'otel berlin kudamm
Ranked #198 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Rooms are small, but clean and nicely decorated. Felt modern, fresh and well worth the price. There is a lot of shops and restaurants around as well good connection to it. The one down side was that beds were uncomfortable, the king bed was actually two bed put together creating a hole between.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear NorthFood,

thank you very much for the feedback you have given us.
We have twin and double rooms, please contact us next time prior to your stay so we can assign you your requested room type.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin.

+49 30 887777-0

There are newer reviews for art'otel berlin kudamm

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and were reasonably happy with our stay. Arrived at Tegel airport (and that's another story altogether!) and took the 109 bus into the city. Very quick. The room wasn't large, but it was well laid out with sufficient hanging space in the wardrobe, storage room for the suitcases so that one isn't tripping over them, and surface space. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The bathroom isn't quite as well designed, however - no real door or curtain for the shower so the floor gets wet very quickly.
Housekeeping was a bit erratic - coffee wasn't replaced each day, soap not at all, and the cleaning job wasn't really thorough - surfaces left unwiped.
The most annoying thing however, was the temperature of the room. Very stuffy, and unless the window was left open, almost unbearable.
But good free wifi, and a computer and printer in the lobby, able to be used free of charge.
Expensive breakfast, not worth it given the reasonably priced cafes in the area. Excellent location - a variety of restaurants and cafes close by, and close to all transport for the sights.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank In60s
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear In60s,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your overall recent stay with us.
We have very high standards regarding the cleanliness of our rooms, so I'd appreciate if you contact me directly and address any issues you have spotted during your stay. I have followed up already on the missing soap and coffee. Please accept my sincere apology for this.
The a/c was still set on warming, as we are still experiencing some colder days. However, it is now changed to cooling. Please let us know next time straight away so we can bring you a fan to cool your room.
The breakfast prices are below most hotels in this area but obviously it's cheaper to just grab a bite outside the hotel. However, make sure to have the breakfast next time (we also offer special deals which include breakfast) as it also includes unlimited coffee specialities, juices and water.

Again, thank you very much for your constructive feedback, which I really appreciate.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

cool, clean, with good service! I love this hotel! Good bar, breakfast (even if littel expensive). The rooms were beautiful and artistic. Plus the sauna and the firness center! Is in a very good zone in Berlin, quiet, with a lot of restaurants and shops!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Elena L,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our staff, the central location and the clean and arty rooms.
Thanks also for your feedback regarding our breakfast price. We have compared it to the other hotels in the area and it is actually below most of them.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a good example of your typically clean and efficient German city hotel, spiced up slightly by the addition of some Warhol-inspired decor. It's located right at the western end of the U1 line at Uhlandstrasse, not that this is a problem thanks to the hyper-efficient Berlin public transport system. The main street outside is busy, but most of the rooms are at the back of the building.

My room had a small balcony - there wasn't any furniture that you could use to sit out on, but it was pleasant enough just opening the doors for the fresh air. The air conditioning moved air around, but I'd be hard pressed to tell if it actually cooled at all.

The rooms aren't huge, but they're decently-equipped and spotlessly-clean - you could perform surgery on the bathroom floor. My room didn't have a bath, but the walk-in shower is of the "tie yourself down for fear of being blasted away down the drain" strength. If I was going to be hyper-critical, I'd say the towels were a little on the small side.

I can't vouch for the food or drink because I didn't make use of the facilities. In any case, there's a decent range of local eateries within very short walking distance.

There's free (albeit somewhat slow) wifi available by using a code available from the reception desk. It's provided by Swisscom, so it's worth checking if you've got a roaming deal via a mobile network or similar.

In summary: it's a perfectly-acceptable base for a Berlin visit, and felt like decent value for money compared to the competition.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are at the back, so don't overlook the traffic on the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear timdLondon_UK,

big THANKS for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay.
I would like to inform you that we also offer rooms with bath tubs, please contact us next time prior to your arrival so we can allocate you one of those.
During your stay the a/c was still on winter mode. We have now changed it to summer mode which means it does cool now.
What a shame you haven't tried out our fantastic new burgers at the FACTORY bar. We receive a lot of positive feedback so make sure to test them next time.
The internet which we provide for free to our guests is usually for 24 hours. It has a transfer of data up to 200 megabytes and a bandwidth up to 128 kbit/s. Should you require a faster connection during your stay you need to purchase the business internet connection for 15 euro/day which allows you an unlimited transfer of data.

We hope we can welcome you back soon again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Just one block from Kurfurstemdamstrasse and close to several shops and KaDeWe, his cozy hotel were such a great experience.
Completely decorated by Andy Warhol's artistics icons, it embraces you into the pop art movement. Great staff, small but clean rooms. If you enjoy art, I can assure you is a very nice place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear AnnaLBP,

it’s been a real pleasure to read your great feedback on Tripadvisor.
If you are staying with us next time, please contact us for a free art tour through the hotel, so we can show you some "hidden" art works by Andy Warhol and his best friend Christopher Makos.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

after looking at other hotels we found that this hotel was able to accomadate a group of twelve
members with single and double rooms as we didnt want to split up the group to other hotels
the breakfast room was laid out with hot and cold food which was first class the rooms were all laid out in the same format the only complaint was that the bar closed at 11.30 and that was for
residents so we had to go out to other venues. we were able to leave our bags on the day of departure for about eight hours over all we all enjoyed our stay and got good value for money

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear William S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

I am very sorry in regards to our bar FACTORY. I really can't recall any private function in February, however I'd like to inform you that our bar is open daily till 1 am.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel has a great central location of Berlin, good room size, and vert comfortable, but that is all positive part about this hotel. Why not give it a 4 or 5 star then?

Firstly, on the last day of our stay there was no more breakfast and also COFFEE at 8 am. How is this possible??? There was only two waitress working ....

Secondly used plates, knives, forks, and spoons were stacking up on every table and they were working slowly and they refused to make more coffee without giving an explanation why they denied our request.

Thirdly knives, forks, and spoons were missing all the time and we asked the waitresses for some more and they went in and got us one or two, why not get a bunch because other customers were also missing these. And their outfits look like they were from the street pulling for customers if you know what I mean - it was possible to see their bellies OMG.

Lastly we complained to the reception and the manager, but what a lousy service they just shrug their shoulders and replied that they cannot do anything since it was another department.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear CloudStrife,

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and giving us the chance to comment on your stay. I would have loved to talk to you in person but unfortunately you never spoke to/asked for me and gave us the opportunity to get things straight again. I am really not sure who at the reception desk you talked to as no one can recall this. You are more than welcome to contact me directly so we can discuss this further.

Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding our restaurant service. This is definitely not the standard-and as you have noticed this only occured on your last day-we are usually operating on. Unfortunately we had a personnel shortage due to some illness of one employee during this day; however, I agree that this shouldn't reflect on our guests. I have spoken to my Food & Beverage Manager in order to avoid such a situation in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
However I would like to inform that the busiest time during breakfast is from 8am-9am-therefore we have a notice outside our lifts to inform our guests about this so they can decide to choose a less busy time, if possible, for their breakfast.
As a gesture of good will and to show you that this is not our stanard (please also see all other very positive comments posted on Tripadvisor), I would like to offer you two complimentary breakfasts for your next stay. Please contact me directly to redeem this offer.

We really appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations again.

Email: khagenbucher@pphe.com