“Very nice hotel!”

art'otel berlin kudamm
Ranked #193 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I am just back from my holidays in Berlin and I have to say, I was very pleased with this hotel! Staff are an asset to the hotel and I was a bit disappointed I couldn't leave a bigger tip, as I failed to budget correctly and was low on cash when I was leaving!!! I plan to go back to Germany for the Christmas markets in November and will definitely be returning to this hotel!

Pros:
The staff are lovely and super obliging.
The rooms are neat, tidy and clean.
The bedroom is stocked with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and they replace what is used every day or so. (Very happy about this as I am a big tea drinker!!!)
Hotel is located close to the S-Bahn and U-bahn and is quite central.
It's a quiet enough area!
The rooms are stocked with extra pillows, shampoo, shower caps, body lotion etc
Rooms are cleaned everyday.
Decent shower, that works properly unlike some of the hotels I have stayed in!
When I asked for some milk and tap water from the bar, the staff were very accomodating.
I simply can't recommend the staff enough!!
Very affordable
Free wifi in the room
Cool televisions that allow you to go on the internet, watch t.v. or play games.

Minor cons:
-There was no milk in the room, but I know from frequenting the restaurants in Germany that they don't seem to put milk in their tea or butter on their bread. However, when I asked for milk for my tea, I had no hassle in getting some.
-The only english channel available on the t.v was CNN but it's Germany so i guess I can live with that.
- Breakfast was a bit on the pricey side but there's no shortage of restaurants around the place.

Conclusion
This hotel is seriously underrated! I know I have already mentioned this, but the staff are an absolute credit to the hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here and I hope to return in November! It's a lovely hotel, centrally located with lovely restaurants nearby. All things considered, it definitely deserves 5 stars out of 5!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Wow, thanks Christine M for this amazing review!

I have shared your comments with all the team members, we’re delighted to have provided a great experience for you both. Our staff are our biggest asset so I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay that much with us.

We also offer a quick breakfast (a plate packed with cheese & meat, fruits & jam, etc) for half the price of the full English breakfast, so maybe you wanna try this next time?
I have forwarded your comment regarding the limited TV channel selection to the external company who provides the smart TV system. Thanks for that!
I am pleased you got the milk from the staff-we usually don't stock the rooms with milk but I understand that quite a few people prefer their tea with some milk ;)

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback, we are looking forward to your next visit in November.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this location for two nights in mid-May. We arrived at the hotel around 9 am on a sunday, We werent able to check in until noon, but we were given a free upgrade to the XL room. Property is a lovely boutique hotel, very fresh, clean, and brand new carpet. Quiet, comfortable, excellent sleep quality. Hotel is a little bit off the beaten path, approx 15 min walk from Zoologischer Garten station. Hotel is 2 blks from Uhlenstrasse U-bahn, which isnt quite the most convenient line. Overall, the property is an excellent deal in Ku'damm area. Would stay again!

1  Thank NewJerseyColin
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear NewJerseyColin,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel and I appreciate your kind comments about our our clean, new and well equipped rooms. I am pleased we were able to give you a complimentary room upgrade and great to hear you loved it!
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to host you again!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Rooms are small, but clean and nicely decorated. Felt modern, fresh and well worth the price. There is a lot of shops and restaurants around as well good connection to it. The one down side was that beds were uncomfortable, the king bed was actually two bed put together creating a hole between.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear NorthFood,

thank you very much for the feedback you have given us.
We have twin and double rooms, please contact us next time prior to your stay so we can assign you your requested room type.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and were reasonably happy with our stay. Arrived at Tegel airport (and that's another story altogether!) and took the 109 bus into the city. Very quick. The room wasn't large, but it was well laid out with sufficient hanging space in the wardrobe, storage room for the suitcases so that one isn't tripping over them, and surface space. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The bathroom isn't quite as well designed, however - no real door or curtain for the shower so the floor gets wet very quickly.
Housekeeping was a bit erratic - coffee wasn't replaced each day, soap not at all, and the cleaning job wasn't really thorough - surfaces left unwiped.
The most annoying thing however, was the temperature of the room. Very stuffy, and unless the window was left open, almost unbearable.
But good free wifi, and a computer and printer in the lobby, able to be used free of charge.
Expensive breakfast, not worth it given the reasonably priced cafes in the area. Excellent location - a variety of restaurants and cafes close by, and close to all transport for the sights.

1  Thank In60s
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear In60s,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your overall recent stay with us.
We have very high standards regarding the cleanliness of our rooms, so I'd appreciate if you contact me directly and address any issues you have spotted during your stay. I have followed up already on the missing soap and coffee. Please accept my sincere apology for this.
The a/c was still set on warming, as we are still experiencing some colder days. However, it is now changed to cooling. Please let us know next time straight away so we can bring you a fan to cool your room.
The breakfast prices are below most hotels in this area but obviously it's cheaper to just grab a bite outside the hotel. However, make sure to have the breakfast next time (we also offer special deals which include breakfast) as it also includes unlimited coffee specialities, juices and water.

Again, thank you very much for your constructive feedback, which I really appreciate.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 May 2013

cool, clean, with good service! I love this hotel! Good bar, breakfast (even if littel expensive). The rooms were beautiful and artistic. Plus the sauna and the firness center! Is in a very good zone in Berlin, quiet, with a lot of restaurants and shops!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Elena L,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our staff, the central location and the clean and arty rooms.
Thanks also for your feedback regarding our breakfast price. We have compared it to the other hotels in the area and it is actually below most of them.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a good example of your typically clean and efficient German city hotel, spiced up slightly by the addition of some Warhol-inspired decor. It's located right at the western end of the U1 line at Uhlandstrasse, not that this is a problem thanks to the hyper-efficient Berlin public transport system. The main street outside is busy, but most of the rooms are at the back of the building.

My room had a small balcony - there wasn't any furniture that you could use to sit out on, but it was pleasant enough just opening the doors for the fresh air. The air conditioning moved air around, but I'd be hard pressed to tell if it actually cooled at all.

The rooms aren't huge, but they're decently-equipped and spotlessly-clean - you could perform surgery on the bathroom floor. My room didn't have a bath, but the walk-in shower is of the "tie yourself down for fear of being blasted away down the drain" strength. If I was going to be hyper-critical, I'd say the towels were a little on the small side.

I can't vouch for the food or drink because I didn't make use of the facilities. In any case, there's a decent range of local eateries within very short walking distance.

There's free (albeit somewhat slow) wifi available by using a code available from the reception desk. It's provided by Swisscom, so it's worth checking if you've got a roaming deal via a mobile network or similar.

In summary: it's a perfectly-acceptable base for a Berlin visit, and felt like decent value for money compared to the competition.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are at the back, so don't overlook the traffic on the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear timdLondon_UK,

big THANKS for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay.
I would like to inform you that we also offer rooms with bath tubs, please contact us next time prior to your arrival so we can allocate you one of those.
During your stay the a/c was still on winter mode. We have now changed it to summer mode which means it does cool now.
What a shame you haven't tried out our fantastic new burgers at the FACTORY bar. We receive a lot of positive feedback so make sure to test them next time.
The internet which we provide for free to our guests is usually for 24 hours. It has a transfer of data up to 200 megabytes and a bandwidth up to 128 kbit/s. Should you require a faster connection during your stay you need to purchase the business internet connection for 15 euro/day which allows you an unlimited transfer of data.

We hope we can welcome you back soon again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Just one block from Kurfurstemdamstrasse and close to several shops and KaDeWe, his cozy hotel were such a great experience.
Completely decorated by Andy Warhol's artistics icons, it embraces you into the pop art movement. Great staff, small but clean rooms. If you enjoy art, I can assure you is a very nice place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear AnnaLBP,

it’s been a real pleasure to read your great feedback on Tripadvisor.
If you are staying with us next time, please contact us for a free art tour through the hotel, so we can show you some "hidden" art works by Andy Warhol and his best friend Christopher Makos.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.