“really nice place”

GreenLeadersGold level
scotland
“really nice place”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Have just spent long weekend here with my mother - arrived to be asked what type of room was required - twin or double. Got exactly what was required. Hotel is clean and warm and, in our opinion, safe. We did not opt for the breakfasts - neither feeling this to be the main meal of the day - and used the fridge and kettle (bought in meat and cheese and had coffee - ample for our needs). We had supper one evening in the bar - the tagliatelle and salmon was lush - as was the burger and chips. Only downside was that the kitchen was closed on sunday (hence 4 not 5 stars) - however, the reception staff were able to direct us to a nearby bar which more than met our needs. Would gladly stay again. Very central and really good value.
One point - I do wish the fellow at the airport had been more effective. If you take the 109 bus from the airport; get off at Uhland Strasse, then it's just a few minutes walk down said Uhland Strasse to Lietzenburgerstrasse, turn right, and a few metres and you're there. We had a trip into the zoological gardens, then out.... not necessary. Keep it simple. Bus number 109.
Most comfortable bed I have ever slept on - but room was too warm... simple to adjust thermometer - but was warm.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room at back of hotel - really quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Josiehill,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!,

+49 30 887777-0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 25 November 2013

it was my first time in berlin,stay in this hotel from 21.11.13 to 24.11.13 at room no.323
hotel nice and clean,reception desk staff was very friendly,good and convenient location,breakfast was very good,the room was big and clean with comfortable bed,mini bar and a cofe tea set in the room,very recommend hotel,in my next time in berlin i will retern to this hotel again.
eyal peters
israel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 33_717
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear 33_717,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the art'otel berlin city center west. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us.

Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Nice art Hotel in very convenient location.Very close to to shops and restaurants and two supermarkets nearby.The room was very clean and big with comfortable bed.Staff in reception very friendly and efficient.We really like the bar in this hotel and barmen who make very good cocktails.We stayed 3 days and it was very pleasant stay.We didn't have breakfast in the hotel I think it was expensive.We also like the decor in our room and lovely little balcony.Only one thing It wasn't enough cosmetics in the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank J0lantaT
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear J0lantaT,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us such a nice feedback on Tripadvisor!

I was very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, our service and the rooms. Next time just contact the reception for more toiletries, it's no problem at all to get more if needed!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art'otel berlin city center west we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Best wishes to Australia!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights early November ... Room 405 - large double room, plenty of space, well decorated.
Hotel staff all pleasant and eager to help.
Breakfast very good - great selection of fruit . Breads etc plus hot food of egg /bacon/mushrooms etc.
Only one problem with the room ...the shower door is so minimal it is of no use at all ! You end up using more towels to dry the floor !
Staff in bar were again, very pleasant and happy to please.
Location is very good .... A 10 minute walk away from the Zoo terminus and easily walkable with bags etc ... Area very safe , plenty of restaurants really close by ... Nice Italian ..Di Papa and an Indian round corner !
Overall, a great hotel, great staff team and would recommend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dewi P
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Dewi P,

We are very delighted to hear that you had a great experience at the art’otel berlin city center west.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this fantastic review about your stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art’otel berlin city center west we look forward to welcoming you back.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times were excellent. Why? friendly staff, great breakfast, friendly bar staff, very clean and front desk very focus on your needs. The location is great! I walk a few blocks to the metro (u-bahn) and never need a taxi. Its walking distance to KeDeWe. That is a treat! The staff speaks English very well! I even needed a weight scale since I am on a diet and they had it for me. HAHA…. I have talked with the Hotel Manager and she is great! Maybe one thing I love its VALUE. That is more important than price but the price is right.

Room Tip: No tips to speak of all rooms seem equal to quite. I was close to lift and not noise issue.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gaithersburg20
Wow, thanks Gaithersburg20 for this amazing review, what a delight to read!!!
And thanks for staying with us two times already.

I have shared your comments with the entire team, we’re delighted to have provided a great experience for you again

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Lancashire
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Like other travellers reading the reviews about thefts I was a little concerned about our booking at art'otel west during the last week of October. Hotel manager Katja helped alleviate my concerns via emails before our departure, and in the end we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Having to take care with valuables in your room isn't exclusive to this hotel, it makes sense to make use of the free and spacious electronic safes located in each room, we've stayed in other Berlin hotels that have had reviewers claiming property was stolen, unfortunately it can happen in any location. As for the person saying their bag was stolen when left unattended briefly, well, horrible as it is, there can be opportunists anywhere, anytime, sadly.
The hotel is located a few minutes walk from bustling Kurfurstendamm with its mix of both exclusive and affordable shops. Uhlandstrasse is the nearest U-bahn station, and Adenauerplatz is a little further west along Kurfurstendamm. Right by one of the entrances to Adenauerplatz is Back Factory - a great value self-service place for hot and cold drinks, pastries, pizza slices, fresh sandwiches etc. I'd like to recommend Juleps at Giesebrechtstrasse 3 nearby, a fantastic New York style restaurant with a huge menu of delicious cocktails! Our favourite place to dine in Berlin and just a pleasant ten minute walk from the hotel.
Back at art'otel, the interior surroundings are modern but warm and welcoming, lots of Warhol artwork to inspect in the public areas, plus we had Andy himself above our bed and I loved our Marilyn bathroom mirror! We found all staff members to be considerate and happy to help. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and won't hesitate to book again if the opportunity arises. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank themis71
Dear themis71,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and also loved the location of the hotel and the surroundings!

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a city break a with a friend. Spacious room, so modern (you must like Andy Warhol!), and a great location. Lovely restaurants within walking distance and beautiful boutiques within the same distance if that is what you like. Although to the West, very easy to access buses / trains (which are 24hr) to take you to other cool parts of the city (including the airport!). Friendly staff, lovely breakfast, wifi available. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Fiona D,

it’s been a real pleasure to read your great feedback on Tripadvisor.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.