“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights with a friend, and I have to say, I was really impressed by this hotel. It cost €35 for two nights per person, and it was great value for money. The rooms were very clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely, and the shower was great. The only thing I would fault the room for was the large picture of Andy Warhol at the head of the bed, (it was a bit zany, but nothing too intrusive at all, and was to be expected considering the entire hotel is Warhol themed), and the air conditioning wasn't too great. There was a great range of channels on the TV too.

The staff at reception were very nice, and the map of the city they gave us was invaluable for the rest of our trip.

The hotel itself is excellently located, only a few minutes walk from the main shopping street (Kurfürstendamm), as well as a few bus stops, and U-bahn (underground metro) stops, so getting to and from the hotel was a breeze.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Weiss_F, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the art'otel berlin city center west. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us.

Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

Florian Weiß
Operations Manager
email: fweiss@pphe.com
+49 30 887777-0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Positives - This hotel was great value for money, £160 for 4 nights. It was nice and clean and quiet, handy for the U-bahn and shops, cafes and bars on and around the K'Damm. There was also a nice hotel bar serving excellent cocktails.

Negatives - We had trouble with the safe, our belongings got locked in and although the staff managed to open this they couldn't fix it so this remained unusable, also please be advised that we were charged a 'City Tax' when we checked out which we weren't aware of having to pay when we checked in. It was only 7 euros for the 4 nights but would be annoying if you'd spend all your money before checking out!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blimey79
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Florian Weiß
Operations Manager
email: fweiss@artotels.com
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Really really loved this hotel. Stayed for 3 nights. It's in a lovely area, very easy to get into the city centre for the tourist attractions. There are a lot of nice restaurants around the area and we had a really enjoyable evening walk.

The hotel itself is very modern, very clean and the rooms are very spacious and well decorated. The only real issue we had with the room was that it was very warm, and the air conditioning didn't really seem to do anything at all. The bathroom especially was quite unbearable. Other than this the rooms were perfect.

There is free wi-fi all over the hotel - it's incredibly slow in the bedrooms but perfectly fine in the lobby and bar. Also there is a free computer available for use, and a printer, should you need to print any tickets or boarding passes etc. There was a sauna and gym but we didn't use these.

We didn't initially have breakfast on our room booking as at 15 Euros each, per day, it did seem very expensive. However, I decided that I didn't want to have to worry about going out and finding food in the morning, so I added it on for myself each day. It was good quality and there was a decent selection, but it was definitely overpriced - I've paid much less in other hotels and had at least the same amount of choice, if not more.

The best part about the hotel is easily the bar. I personally thought the food menu was a bit limited (I am a fussy eater), but I had the chicken curry and it was fantastic. The selection of drinks was incredible!! I've never seen so many different and varied cocktails in one place (and I've been to a lot of cocktail bars). The lady behind the bar was Sandra (I think) and she was lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the cocktails being made, and of course the drinks were excellent, and reasonably priced.

The reception staff were all very helpful and very willing to direct you anywhere or answer any questions.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel - however, I would probably suggest looking for alternatives for breakfast and packing light nightwear for the warm rooms!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Semily007,

it’s been a real pleasure to read your great feedback on Tripadvisor.

As you wrote, the hotel is in a really great location as we are just two minutes away from Berlin's main shopping street, the Ku'damm with lots of restaurants and cafes close by.
Due to the very warm temperatures in February, our A/C was still set to heating mode, but we have adjusted it slightly already.
In spring we will change our internet provider in order to provide our guests a much faster internet connection. Thanks for letting us know though!
Our breakfast is priced below most hotels in the area, so I am very sorry if this didn't meet your expectations.
I am also very pleased that you had such a fantastic experience at our bar. Please be ensured that I have forwarded your comments to Sandra already and thanked her for her fantastic work.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.

belfast
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for three nights on a city break. The hotel is in a lovely area and is very close to the Uhlander U Bann Station. There are a number of excellent restaurants nearby. Our room face the back of the hotel and was spacious and very quiet. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The hotel is designed around the artist Andy Warhol and displays many of his artworks. The bar is very comfortable, busy and has a good atmosphere. It is also reasonsably priced. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall we had a fantastic break and would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H0ust0ns
Dear H0ust0ns,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location just down from the U-Bahn, you feel safe walking around this area and there are plenty of cafés and restaurants. The staff are great and will do anything for you. The room is clean, spacious enough and equipped as you'd expect with a safe, kettle etc. The large picture of Andy above the bed, Warhol picture, funky chairs and bits and bobs brighten up what would be a normal hotel room. Our room could do with a lick of paint, the air-con wasn't great and the wifi is SO slow everywhere except in the reception and bar areas. Our hair dryer looked and sounded like it had seen better days but was replaced as soon as I reported it.
We also made use of the hotel's gym and sauna which are modern and clean.
We spent a good few hours in the bar which again is lovely. The burgers are brilliant and the cocktails are pretty impressive too :)
Overall we would be very happy to stay here again.

I would like to note that I don't understand those who have complained about security here. It is like any hotel in that you can walk straight past reception but you have to use your room card to use the lift or access anywhere in the hotel. There's also a safe in your room that is free to use and spacious enough for iPads or a laptop.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jellypod
Dear Jellypod,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback via Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you got such a nice impression of the hotel, especially our team, the bar and the location.
We have just painted some bedrooms today and continue to do so constantly. Also we are just in the process of changing our internet provider, which means from approximately April on we will be able to provide our guests a much faster internet connection.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art'otel berlin city center west we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Barton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on a city break. Our room was a corner room with a small balcony. Our only disappointment was there were no chairs to sit on! We were very lucky with the weather and found the room to be very warm, sometime a little bit too much at night and the air con didn't seem to cool it down. The bathroom was spacious with a great shower and plenty of hot water. We heard no noise from outside the room and were never disturbed. If you are a tea drinker bring your own as I only had one cup when we arrived and it was never replaced! One night after we'd come back from a meal we couldn't open the safety deposit box. My husband rang reception and it was dealt with instantly. Wifi was easy to access with a code from reception. A short walk from the hotel in any direction leads to bars, restaurants and shops. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the zoo and this is the area to catch the U Bann and trains to travel to other areas. We travel a lot and on leaving the airport found buying a ticket and geting the right train slightly confusing with not enough directions and signs. The area around the hotel is not cheap and there are cheaper areas to eat and drink, it depends if you want to splurge or budget! Turn right out of the hotel and right at the first junction and you will come to a nice Mexican called Cancun, we had a great meal here on our last night. A good hotel, comfortable with friendly efficient staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Dixyview,

In regards to your room, we have double checked it again (as we only have two rooms with a balcony :)) and both rooms are equipped with red chairs to sit on. Also all our bedrooms have two cups in the minibar for our guests to use. Please accept our sincerest apologies if you only had one. Just contact reception next time directly so we can bring you a second one up immediately.

email: khagenbucher@pphe.com
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I really loved everything in this hotel , I couldn't ask for any better !!!
I like it the friendly staff, breakfast was sooooo yummy :))
The hotel is very pleasant, close to the city centre and all the main attraction in a very safe area !

I would definitely come back :))
Bella

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bella L
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Bella L,

thank you very much for the brilliant feedback you have given us. We loved to hear that you liked everything here-especially our staff and the breakfast :)

We hope we can welcome you and your friends back to Berlin soon again.

email: khagenbucher@pphe.com