1,032 results
All reviews andy warhol xl room minute walk stayed here for nights hotel is located would recommend this hotel to anyone tegel airport zoo station cafes and restaurants late at night city break reception staff u bahn station large room public transport kudamm sauna
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's my second time staying at this hotel - location is the best thing about this hotel - it really is very centrally located close to many things to see, do and places to eat.

Unfortunately, that's not what I was in Berlin for.

The room I was given upon arrival was unacceptable. It smelled like people had been smoking in it for years - stuffy, stale. I would not have been able to sleep. I asked to change it and the reception was very accommodating immediately and polite about it. That was good but it is still not ideal to arrive late in the evening, on business travel and immediately have to go back to reception to ask to have the room changed. I think they knew it smelled...

Having stayed here before, I knew what to expect - it is reliably clean, quiet and the rooms are very functional (quite basic but functional). I had a big bathroom but there really are no "extras" at this hotel.

Breakfast is excellent. Staff at this hotel is generally very polite. The lobby bar can be quite lively and the service is polite and good.

This is a good place for a night or two without breaking the bank.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Weiss_F, Manager at Art'Otel Berlin Kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Fed S ,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art’otel berlin city center west I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.I apologize again for the room, we are a non smoking hotel. I'm going to this thing on the ground.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Email: fweiss@pphe.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been sitting on this review for a while with the hope that either the hotel or Hotels.com where I made the reservation would address this issue that I have brought to their attention, but they have not.

While Art'otel is quite a nice, conveniently located and averagely priced hotel, they claim to have air conditioning. They do not. They have a air ventilation system, which is not the same thing, since it just slowly circulates the air without cooling it. Still, the hotel staff insisted to me that this indeed is 'air conditioning'.

Due to this, the rooms are uncomfortably hot in the summer. Also, forget the windows. If your room is by the street, it will be noisy due to traffic, and if your room is in the inner courtyard, it will be noisy due to the locals partying. There are also mosquitoes which will not help.

I booked this hotel specifically due to the promise of airco, since I knew that July is a hot month in Berlin, and I was let down on the one thing I really wanted, and invested extra money into. This is why I am giving and otherwise nice hotel a Poor review, since fraudulent claims just should not be accepted.

Room tip: Maybe in another hotel that has actual air conditioning.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Weiss_F, Manager at Art'Otel Berlin Kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear JD S ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel and to share your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor. it is a while ago where you stay was with us. In part of our hotel we have a Wall air conditioning that why we dont have a fan coil, also we had some problems doing your stay. I feel realy sorry that we dont meet your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We hope we can welcome you back one day and you'll have a much better stay with us next time.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with my husband and were very impressed! We found the staff to be friendly and helpful on arrival - we were informed of the facilities on offer and directed to our room. We did enquire about city tax and were informed it would be around 7Euros payable on departure.
The room was clean, comfortable and spacious with everything we needed inside.
We were close to public transport links and the U-Bahn 'Uhlandstrasse' is around a 10 minute walk away.
We were issued with a 20% off voucher for one use in the hotel bar and restaurant - we found the bar quite expensive but the service was excellent and the surroundings luxurious - velvet seats, crystal chandeliers and marble bar area.
The hotel felt up-market without being snobby and the staff were very attentive.
The only minor issue was that the bathroom was more of a 'wetroom' - it wasalmost impossible to have a shower without soaking the whole of the bathroom floor!
However, it did not spoil our experience and we would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: We had a basic room - when the windows were open we heard the chimes every morning and workmen in the surrounding area.
1  Thank Nicola C
Weiss_F, Manager at Art'Otel Berlin Kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback via Tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art'otel berlin city center west we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was attracted to this hotel by the fun art theme, the excellent website photos and reviews on TripAdvisor - plus it represented good value - but the one thing I require most from a hotel is a good night's sleep.

The rooms are impossibly hot and stuffy and in reality don't have working air conditioning. We tried opening the windows but the road outside is incredibly loud (through the night) and despite asking 3 times for someone to sort it out we were ignored. However, if you syaed in winter this would possibly not be an issue...

We also asked for lights to be fixed as one side of the bed was in darkness - but nobody managed to fix this either.

The front desk staff are all very young and are friendly enough I suppose, but are obviously not ambitious career hoteliers - with no real desire to deliver really excellent customer service. When I complained about the air conditioning I got a very un-smiling and curt response. He obviously knew it wasn't something he could fix so he just paid me lip-service.

I did like the Andy Warhol theme but at the same time it felt somewhat dated. His work has not passed the test of time as well as some artists from his era. Probably destroyed by too many Athena prints in the 80's and 90's and overall the hotel was noticeably less impressive than their photos would have you believe - however, it is perfectly fine (except for the room temperature) and the bed was very comfy indeed. There was also little atmosphere in the public areas - with the restaurant and bar all but deserted everytime we went by.

The hotel is in an ok location, but not as good as some reviews might lead you to think. It's in a fairly upmarket shopping area with lot's of big outlets in the road it runs parallel to - with some big brand and high street names and plenty of good restaurants. The end of the U1 Underground is a 5 minute walk so it's easy to get around from there but it's not the most atmosperic or interesting end of town. If it were London I would compare it with Kensignton High St but with a road far wider than Oxford Street.

It's also an easy commute from Tegel airport on the 109 bus - which is also very cheap. However we would probably have felt more in the action had we stayed a little more centrally.

Some other tips and observations.

- The underground has no barriers or staff so there can be some less savoury people on board than you might get in London - nobody checked our tickets once over 3 days - it's incredibly efficient and fast, if not scruffy and a bit dated - in comparison with LUG

The Fat Tire bike tour is so worth doing - the best way to see the city and so much fun too.

Vapiano restaurant is well worth trying if you don't mid queueing for your food - they cook fresh pasta to order and you then watch them cook it for you - amazing!

You cover lots of ground (hence needing a good nights sleep!) so wear comfy shoes!

Berlin is a facinating city - sometimes beautiful, sometimes stark but also, for a town known for its hedonism - rather sobering - what with such a horrific history.

We will definitely go again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Weiss_F, Manager at Art'Otel Berlin Kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Dungdeane,

I have forwarded your comment about our air-conditions to our head of engineering and he is currently looking into this problem to provide our guests with a more feasible solution.

Email: fweiss@pphe.com

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Got this hotel on a special rate for an upgraded room
Easy to find and around 5 mins walk from Savignyplatz station.
Check in was smooth and easy, staff very friendly.
Our upgraded room was really quite big and the décor is pretty funky. Bathroom was also big and the shower is very powerful and hot.
We didn't have breakfast or eat / drink in the bar so cant really comment there. The bar however did look very nice and there were always a few people having a drink in the evening.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, funky and fairly central 3* hotel.
I would stay again!

1  Thank Verity1108
Weiss_F, Manager at Art'Otel Berlin Kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,