art'otel berlin kudamm
US$79
US$133
US$98
  • Room Service
All reviewsandy warholxl roompop artminute walkthe main shopping streetstayed here for nightshotel is locatedmini barzoo stationtegel airportcafes and restaurantslate at nightcity breakreception staffaround the cornernice barwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here two nights over the weekend. The staff were very accommodating, we got to the hotel early and they were able to switch things around so that we could check in early. The room was very clean and a good temperature. The AC was a little confusing but once you work out how to use it its easy. The Shower was excellent, I hate weak showers and this one was anything but. I wanted more bed linen, pillows etc and we wanted more towels, all requests were met with a smile and sorted out very quickly.

The location is good, lots of restaurants, posh clothing and jewellery shops around but also a supermarket and laundrette. It is easy to get in to the centre, the metro station is about a 7-10 minute walk away and that line takes you right into the centre, it is about 6 stops. The trains run 24/7 from friday to sunday so its easy getting back after a night out in the many cocktails bars Berlin has to offer.

Would recommend this hotel for comfort and location to families and couples.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor (108) has good Wifi reception
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RhiannaKaur
Weiss_F, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear RhiannaKaur ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

For an art-hotel the price was good, so we decided to stay here for some nights. The interior of the hotel was OK, but not so special as other design-hotels. the rooms were fine, the bed was good. Breakfast was a bit small (but is was enough), not as extensive as in most German hotels. To the metro and the shopping streets it is a couple of minutes walk. The area around the hotel was a bit quiet, not the buzz as in the real center of Berlin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Weiss_F, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Fedor-and-Rivka ,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art’otel berlin city center west

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

operations Manager
Email: fweiss@pphe.com

Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's my second time staying at this hotel - location is the best thing about this hotel - it really is very centrally located close to many things to see, do and places to eat.

Unfortunately, that's not what I was in Berlin for.

The room I was given upon arrival was unacceptable. It smelled like people had been smoking in it for years - stuffy, stale. I would not have been able to sleep. I asked to change it and the reception was very accommodating immediately and polite about it. That was good but it is still not ideal to arrive late in the evening, on business travel and immediately have to go back to reception to ask to have the room changed. I think they knew it smelled...

Having stayed here before, I knew what to expect - it is reliably clean, quiet and the rooms are very functional (quite basic but functional). I had a big bathroom but there really are no "extras" at this hotel.

Breakfast is excellent. Staff at this hotel is generally very polite. The lobby bar can be quite lively and the service is polite and good.

This is a good place for a night or two without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Fed S ,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art’otel berlin city center west I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.I apologize again for the room, we are a non smoking hotel. I'm going to this thing on the ground.

Email: fweiss@pphe.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been sitting on this review for a while with the hope that either the hotel or Hotels.com where I made the reservation would address this issue that I have brought to their attention, but they have not.

While Art'otel is quite a nice, conveniently located and averagely priced hotel, they claim to have air conditioning. They do not. They have a air ventilation system, which is not the same thing, since it just slowly circulates the air without cooling it. Still, the hotel staff insisted to me that this indeed is 'air conditioning'.

Due to this, the rooms are uncomfortably hot in the summer. Also, forget the windows. If your room is by the street, it will be noisy due to traffic, and if your room is in the inner courtyard, it will be noisy due to the locals partying. There are also mosquitoes which will not help.

I booked this hotel specifically due to the promise of airco, since I knew that July is a hot month in Berlin, and I was let down on the one thing I really wanted, and invested extra money into. This is why I am giving and otherwise nice hotel a Poor review, since fraudulent claims just should not be accepted.

Room Tip: Maybe in another hotel that has actual air conditioning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Weiss_F, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear JD S ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel and to share your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor. it is a while ago where you stay was with us. In part of our hotel we have a Wall air conditioning that why we dont have a fan coil, also we had some problems doing your stay. I feel realy sorry that we dont meet your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We hope we can welcome you back one day and you'll have a much better stay with us next time.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with my husband and were very impressed! We found the staff to be friendly and helpful on arrival - we were informed of the facilities on offer and directed to our room. We did enquire about city tax and were informed it would be around 7Euros payable on departure.
The room was clean, comfortable and spacious with everything we needed inside.
We were close to public transport links and the U-Bahn 'Uhlandstrasse' is around a 10 minute walk away.
We were issued with a 20% off voucher for one use in the hotel bar and restaurant - we found the bar quite expensive but the service was excellent and the surroundings luxurious - velvet seats, crystal chandeliers and marble bar area.
The hotel felt up-market without being snobby and the staff were very attentive.
The only minor issue was that the bathroom was more of a 'wetroom' - it wasalmost impossible to have a shower without soaking the whole of the bathroom floor!
However, it did not spoil our experience and we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a basic room - when the windows were open we heard the chimes every morning and workmen in the surrounding area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola C
Weiss_F, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback via Tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art'otel berlin city center west we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!