“Good hotel”

Ranked #180 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice staff, nice rooms and good location.
We were 3 people staying in an apartment, and there was at lot of space. There were shops downstairs and the hotel was located in at nice neighborhood. We would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in April, the location for us was perfect in a quieter residential area but only a 5 minute walk to the U bahn and only 2 stops from the Alexanderplatz.
The actual hotel is set back of the main road behind another building but is clearly signposted.
We checked in nice and quickly and the staff were all helpful and friendly.
Our room was a big surprise, it was more like a suite with a separate living area with kitchenette which included a hob, microwave and fridge.
We had a good sized bathroom with large bath.
Our bed was very big, with a duvet each ( I think they may do this in all NH hotels).
Overall a great hotel that I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel itself is not too bad, the room was huge and clean and the bed comfortable.
The carpet though looked like it had been there since the eighties and there was a smell of stain everywhere.
Above all, the service was awful. When I arrived, the woman at the reception was doing something else and she didn't even lift her head to acknowledge my presence until she was finished with it.
I asked for the wifi password and she said there was no use in her giving it to me as there was a problem with the connection and she had to phone to get it fixed. (Why don't you just phone rather than saying you have to phone, I wondered...). I asked if she could give it to me anyway for when it was going to be fixed, she did without being too much convinced.
When I got in the room, it was freezing. By the time I realised the heaters were set to zero and no one had bothered to turn them on in view of a guest arriving (it was January and snowing outside!), it was too late for the room to be heated up.
By the way, the wifi didn't work for the entire two days and I was there for work so spent a fortune to connect to private hotspots.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Good NH hotel. Friendly staff, great rooms with kitchen, and good location (5 minutes walk to the U ban). Awesome hot shower.

The rooms are very big, with modern furniture. Internet connection MUST improve though (very, very slow). Has an Aldi superkmarket outside and good shops nearby if you choose to eat in. Also, a nice restaurant outside.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in a junior suite. Hotel is out of city centre with residental surrounding. Room is big and clean, very firm bed (which we like but someone else may mind it) big bathtube. I loved the super hot water and really fast flow of the water, quite unusual in hotels...
Breakfast is ok, nothing fancy but everybody can find something.
There is no bar or good restaurant around, you have to go to the city centre (4km away).
Aldi right in front of the hotel, if someone comes for longer stay and would intend to cook, this is great.
If coming to Berlin just for a short break, would select more central place, if coming for longer stay, this can be a good option.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alien80
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I thought the hotel was close to the Berlin HBF rail station however, I then saw that the taxi ride taking longer than I expected. Evidently, when the hotel info said it was near the train station, that was not the Berlin HBF. The ride was 14.80 Euros. Not a problem, it was like getting a sightseeing tour.

What a delight. I am so glad that I stayed at this hotel. I had a large quiet apartment (kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath on the first floor near reception. Breakfast is a buffet in a bright cheery room on first floor Breakfast is not included with rate however, the items were delicious. I was thrilled that there were crepes on the days I was at the hotel. Also, laundry is free, clean and efficient. There is excellent closet space in the bedrooms. Furniture throughout is comfortable and modern. Enjoyed working on a beautiful and large desk.

Basic WiFI is free for 24 hours and then you need to reaccess. Internet access was very good.
The reception staff was very helpful with any questions I had such as how to work the machines in the laundry since the instructions were naturally in German.

The bed was so comfortable and not too low…just the right height for me.

My room was 102…LOVED IT. Side and front wall to wall draped windows. Open the drapes and there is beautiful foliage wherever you look.

I had dinner at a fantastic restaurant and bakery just a block away. There is also an Asian takeout at the corner near the hotel. I felt safe walking after dark. The area is well-lighted.

There is a fridge in the kitchen that serves as a minibar. I found the prices to be similar to the other hotels in Europe that I’ve stayed in on this trip.

I cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel and wonder if the other NH hotels are similar. As I said before, I didn’t mind that it is far from the Berlin HBF. It was a lovely couple of nights… wished I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: I recommend 102. I loved it.